Windows 10: Shut down problem returns.

Discus and support Shut down problem returns. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Shut down problem returns. No matter how you select shutdown, it logs out then back in. Here are the methods that work for me It works is if you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by groze, Nov 24, 2015.

1. groze Win User

Shut down problem returns.

Shut down problem returns. No matter how you select shutdown, it logs out then back in.

Here are the methods that work for me
    It works is if you choose restart & then hit the power button at the right time.
    It works if you open an administrative command prompt and type shutdown /s
    Other methods do not work. Any fix for this?

I am back to using Version 10.0.10586 since everything else is ok.

:)

groze, Nov 24, 2015

2. Shutdown

Since the last update of Windows 10 on my computer it will not shut down. I get the message about the task manager shutting down background files but it times out and returns to the logged in window. Is this a simple fix or what? I keep clicking the shut
    down anyway to ignore the problem and shut down.

GaryMiller19, Nov 24, 2015
  3. While shutdown "Task Host is preventing Windows from shutting down" error message appears on the screen in Windows 10

Old title: Windows 10 Shut Down problem

For the past 2 days, when I shut down my desktop PC, this message flashes on the screen -- "Task Host is preventing Windows from shutting down" -- the screen goes blank, then "Shutting down" message appears on the screen and remains on the screen.

The first time this happened I left it like this thinking it would eventually turn off. However, when I returned in an hour the PC had still not shut down and the "Shutting Down" message was still on the screen. To get the PC to shut down, I had to press
    and hold down the power button.

It doesn't always fail to shut down. Sometimes it will shut down normally.

This is a new problem. I have been using this PC for more than 2 years and have never before had a Shut Down problem.

Help appreciated.

Frank.White, Nov 24, 2015
  4. groze Win User

Update, It is back to working again. Don't know how that was fixed.

groze, Dec 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Shut down problem returns. - Similar Threads - Shut down problem

2. SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS: I HAVE SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-problems/94cd9434-1e07-4c6f-91a9-e967a0bf93ed
  3. shut down problem

shut down problem: after installing wndows 10 on dell ,my laptop goes shut down when i touch down side of laptop but when itis in charging mode it doesn't shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-problem/a35083af-1553-47ea-bd39-c4701aa9fb3a
  4. Shut Down Problem

Shut Down Problem: All Right Recently install win 10, updated so far everything was great. Then after last update when I shut down the laptop HP Pavilion it is not getting shut down, screen is gettin off however the hard is still on can hear the nois also power bottom is on. so have to press...
  5. Shut down problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shut down problem: Hi! When I shut down my PC it shuts down but my fans are still working, and I have to hold Power Button for 4seconds to fully turn it off. Also when I restart my PC it just shuts down. I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro. submitted by /u/Caynah [link] [comments]...
  6. Shut Down Problems

Shut Down Problems: Greetings, I have yesterday updated to the newer insider build of windows 10, i am currently on version 1903 build 18999.1. Since the update i have noted that my PC takes ages to either restart or shut down, not sure why or what's causing it . If any1 of you could help...
  7. shut down problem

shut down problem: whats happening :- i log in to user 1 , shutdown . i use laptop again i log into user 2. when i try to shut down from user 2 it says some one is using the pc , the user 1 is still signed in even after shutdown it happens all the time then i have to go to user 1 to sign...
  8. Problem with shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with shutting down: My ancient computer doesn’t want to shut itself down completely. I’ve had it for many years and it worked without any problems but currently it revealed this issue. When I try to shut it down, it closes the programms but never shuts off. So I have to press power button for a...
  9. problem in shutting down

problem in shutting down: am trying to shut down my pc but after pressing shut down button no action is taken please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-shutting-down/86523a2b-8410-404d-bb75-a3fa9073ae2a"
  10. shut Down Problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    shut Down Problem.: I just installed windows 10. And now i can't shut down. I can see its moving out of windows 10, Than it goes black and stays there. Any help please Thanks 42847