Windows 10: Shut down takes longer after Creators Update

Discus and support Shut down takes longer after Creators Update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After the Creators Update was done on my PC, I shut the PC down but it took considerably longer to shut down than usual. I then started it back up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NotEnoughRage, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Shut down takes longer after Creators Update

After the Creators Update was done on my PC, I shut the PC down but it took considerably longer to shut down than usual. I then started it back up to see if anything was running or something and I had nothing but a black screen with a scrambled bar across the screen. I re-started the PC and Windows started okay that time. So, I shut it down again, it still took longer than usual. I did`nt re-start to see if I still get the black screen yet.
    Anyone know why? I may just revert back to the 1607 build. Looks like the Creators Update is nothing. Just screws things up and hogs CPU and memory resources.

:)

NotEnoughRage, Apr 13, 2017

2. windows 10 after creators update , shuting down takes longer time.

After the creators update, my pc takes longer time for shuting down. The update is really good but this bug is causing a concern. What is the reason for this bug and the solution to this problem?

nischit poojari, Apr 13, 2017
  3. location services won't shut off after updating to Creators update

after updating to Creators Update using the update assistant, my location services won't shut down. if there a fix for this short of shutting down location?

thanks

rick

Rick T_935, Apr 13, 2017
  4. jamis Win User

Shut down takes longer after Creators Update

Yeah. The display goes black in 5 seconds, but it takes another 25 seconds for the process to clean up and shut down the system. BFD. I see a process called "Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry" sucking cycles.

jamis, Apr 13, 2017
  5. Everade Win User
    I also had the problems with the long shutdowns only.. Restart worked well.
    And after the Shutdown when I started the PC there was an error at the beginning it automatically then restarted and worked after.

This Solution helped me, try it:

• Go to Start > type Control Panel > select the first result and launch the app
    • Go to System and Security > select Power Options
    • Select the “Choose what the power buttons do” option
    • Click “Change settings that are currently unavailable”
    • Uncheck “Turn on fast startup”
    • Restart your computer.

Greetz

Everade, Apr 14, 2017
  6. I had Microsoft do a clean Windows install over the phone, and they checked everything based on the start up and shutdown problems I`m having. He didn`t find anything corrupted in the system, so he did a clean install. It did not help. Later that evening I had the shutdown problem again. The PC shut down and then re-started itself and then shut down completely. This morning when I started the PC, this time I had a black screen with vertical bars across the screen. Had to re-start, and then Windows comes up.
    I still say there is something corrupt in the Creators Update. Hopefully Brink will see this post and tell Microsoft.

NotEnoughRage, Apr 16, 2017
  7. simrick Win User
    simrick, Apr 16, 2017
  8. Shut down takes longer after Creators Update

Already did those checks except turning off Fast Startup. Why remove SpyBot? This is not a software problem. This clearly is a conflict with Creators Update. NVidia has a hot fix driver out that they say fixes an issue booting to a black screen. This is one of my problems. I`ll download tonight and see if it solves the problem.

NotEnoughRage, Apr 16, 2017
  9. simrick Win User
    Weak detection and can cause more problems than help. No one uses it anymore.

Spybot search and destroy, shadow of its former self? - Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Privacy Software

simrick, Apr 16, 2017
  10. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I have also noticed W10 CU is taking longer to shutdown, even on SSD.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Shut down takes longer after Creators Update

1. Shut down takes longer after Creators Update - Similar Threads - Shut down takes

2. Computer not shutting down after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not shutting down after update: For context: I have a HP Spectre laptop that is currently running Windows 11. Last night, I tried the ole “update and shut down” before going to bed. I kept the laptop open and monitored progress as I was getting ready for bed. I believe updates were about 70% installed as I...
  3. Computer not shutting down after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not shutting down after update: For context: I have a HP Spectre laptop that is currently running Windows 11. Last night, I tried the ole “update and shut down” before going to bed. I kept the laptop open and monitored progress as I was getting ready for bed. I believe updates were about 70% installed as I...
  4. SHUT DOWN TAKING TIME

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SHUT DOWN TAKING TIME: HELLO THERE I HAVE DELL XPS 15 9570. IT USED TO SHUT DOWN INSTANTLY I MEAN THE SCREEN USED TO TURN OFF INSTANTLY BUT NOW IT IS TAKING 10-15 SECONDS TO TURNOFF. WHEN I ENABLE VERBOSESTATUS TO KNOW WHAT IS HAMPERING THE PC I GOT THESE MESSAGES: PLEASE WAIT FOR PROSVC...
  5. Computer shutting down after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shutting down after updates: My windows 10 computer is shutting down after it updates. I have to turn the computer off manually and back on again to get it to boot up. What's happening and is there a way to fix this...
  6. Creators Update downloaded, can't restart or shut down computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update downloaded, can't restart or shut down computer: So, Windows messed up big time. I checked the "Defer Feature Upgrades" option when I reverted back to Anniversary Update, and it STILL downloaded Creators Update! I have other important upgrades as well, but now I can't install those, cause it will install Creators Build as...
  7. Shut down options after updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down options after updates: [img] I went to shut down my PC last night, after I have downloaded updates via Windows Update, and the shutdown menu came up with both Shutdown and Update and Shutdown. When I shut it down that night, I just clicked shutdown, but it is still here now. I don't want to click...
  8. Computer takes forever to shut down.

Computer takes forever to shut down.: My computer is a Lenovo Y400 8GB RAM Windows 10 Home Intel Core i7 Nvidia Geforce GT It has been exactly 2 weeks since I upgraded to Windows 10 but one thing I noticed about my computer ever since the update is that it has a very long shut down time. Just yesterday, I...
  9. Anyone Notice Longer Boot and Shut Down times Since Creator's Update?

Anyone Notice Longer Boot and Shut Down times Since Creator's Update?: I've noticed my boot up and shut down times have increased quite a bit since the update. It isn't at the point where it's intolerable, but just curious if others have noticed this. I already checked my startup programs and disabled the ones with highest impact. Toshiba...
  10. After the Fall Creators Update, shutting down is significantly slower

in Windows 10 Support
    After the Fall Creators Update, shutting down is significantly slower: Before the Fall Creators Update, shutting down took about 2-3 seconds (literally). After the update, it now takes 22-30 seconds. Why is this happening? Is Windows trying to do incremental additional updates during shutdown? Is this something that will automatically go back...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shut down after update