Windows 10: Shut down when upgrading, is it possible to prevent download it again?

Discus and support Shut down when upgrading, is it possible to prevent download it again? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, a few days ago i was upgrading windows 7 to 10 and when it was installing or configuring the new OS i accidentaly unpluged the PC, and as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by danielsan, Oct 31, 2015.

1. danielsan Win User

Shut down when upgrading, is it possible to prevent download it again?

Hi guys, a few days ago i was upgrading windows 7 to 10 and when it was installing or configuring the new OS i accidentaly unpluged the PC, and as it has no battery, it turned off. When i restarted it came back to Windows 7, so i tried to reinstall but Windows Update whant to download it again. As my Internet conection is really slow, is it possible that windows has saved the installation files to avoid downloading it again ?

Thanks.

:)

danielsan, Oct 31, 2015
  2. edsa0601 Win User

Is it possible to shut down the computer (or sleep) using the keyboard and not the mouse?

Thank you, Jan Del.

That was the perfect answer to my question.

I did know that Alt+F4 closed a program but didn't know it also applied to the whole pack of programs on the Desktop.

Thank you again.

edsa0601, Oct 31, 2015
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Is it possible to shut down the computer (or sleep) using the keyboard and not the mouse?

Hi,

It is still possible to use the keyboard shortcuts keys to shutdown your computer by following the steps below:

• Make sure you are on the desktop page.
    • Press and hold ALT + F4.
    • Shut Down Windows will open and you can use arrow keys to either Sleep,
      Sign out, Shut down, or Restart.
    • Hit Enter on preferred choice and the mode will take effect.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Oct 31, 2015
Thema:

Shut down when upgrading, is it possible to prevent download it again?

1. Shut down when upgrading, is it possible to prevent download it again? - Similar Threads - Shut down upgrading

2. My computer shuts down auto again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer shuts down auto again: I am working on my computer, then just listen to music on Spotify to relax, but my computer is being lag and shutdown again, like this [click here]. Con you fix for me please? This problem is trying to kill me about a month ago....
  3. System got shut down/sleep automatically and attempted to shut down again

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System got shut down/sleep automatically and attempted to shut down again: My system got shut down a few minutes ago. It wasn't probably shut down completely. When I started again my browser and apps were still open. Maybe it went to sleep. I thought it would be because of low battery.But a few minutes later I saw an error alert on Windows itself...
  4. System got shut down/sleep automatically and attempted to shut down again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System got shut down/sleep automatically and attempted to shut down again: My system got shut down a few minutes ago. It wasn't probably shut down completely. When I started again my browser and apps were still open. Maybe it went to sleep. I thought it would be because of low battery.But a few minutes later I saw an error alert on Windows itself...
  5. System got shut down/sleep automatically and attempted to shut down again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Prevention from shutting down the laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevention from shutting down the laptop: I recently faced an issue regarding the prevention of the laptop from shutting down it said 'task host window preventing the pc from shutting down and then says to go back and save anything which was not saved' so instead of cancelling and checking why was the issue occurring...
  7. The sound card prevent to computer shut down

The sound card prevent to computer shut down: My computer sound card burned out and I bought a new separate sound card. It works fine but when I turn off the computer, the computer shuts down for 1 second and then turns on quickly. The computer turned off properly when I pulled out the sound card. Its company name is...
  8. This app is preventing you from shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This app is preventing you from shut down: While I am restarting or shutting down my pc, this window comes up and stays for some second. The app name/icon which is preventing me from shutting down is not clear. What's the matter? Is it a virus? [ATTACH]...
  9. Is it possible to prevent apps from preventing my pc from shutting down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to prevent apps from preventing my pc from shutting down?: I can no longer hit shut down and walk away from my pc, I have to wait and see if there's an application preventing my computer from shutting down to which I click "shut down anyway", it happens almost every time I try to shutdown or restart. It's hardly ever the same app...
  10. Program Manager is preventing shut down

Program Manager is preventing shut down: Hi,I have a company owned Laptop with windows 10 in it.Yesterday I ran few updates and since then qhile shutting down my laptop,I am getting the error "Program Manager is preventing shut down" with a cancel and shut down anyway button.Can anyone let me know why this happens?...