Windows 10: Shut off email chime with Windows Live Mail?

Discus and support Shut off email chime with Windows Live Mail? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Folks, I'm totally fed up with getting a loud chime whenever an email drops into my inbox. How do I shut off this intrusive sound? I've looked in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by iamc3k, Jan 1, 2016.

1. iamc3k Win User

Shut off email chime with Windows Live Mail?

Folks,

I'm totally fed up with getting a loud chime whenever an email drops into my inbox. How do I shut off this intrusive sound?

I've looked in Settings/System/Notifications and Actions. There is no listing for my Windows Live Mail "app". So...that route is closed.

The Mail app has a gear symbol which supposedly lets you shut off sounds. I don't use Mail. I use Windows Live Mail. WLM does not have a cute little gear symbol. So...that route is closed.

How do I shut off this friggin' noise???

Thanks,
    Ken

Edited: Crap. I found it. It's in WLM/File/Options. Sigh. "File"? Really?

:)

iamc3k, Jan 1, 2016

2. Computer log-in results in chime going off after logging in

A friend has a computer that has just been updated to Windows 10. When she enters her Microsoft password to enter Windows 10, the close chimes go off intermittently. It continues on and off until she shuts the computer off. It is really very strange
    and annoying. The chime is the same one as the close chime sound. Any idea what is happening? More importantly, what is the fix? Thank you for any ideas!

Pete_Glaser19, Jan 1, 2016
  3. jasonSX Win User
    In 8.1, whenever I received a new email a notification of it appeared on the top right-hand side of the page.

Original Title - live email tile

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1.

In 8.1, whenever I received a new email a notification of it appeared on the top right-hand side of the page, and a sound - a ding or a chime - was produced.

Or a notification of a new email appeared in the email tile.

In other words, the email tile in 8.1 was 'live'

This is not the case in Windows 10, however.

How can I get these email features to work also in Windows 10.

Thank you for reading this message.

jasonSX, Jan 1, 2016
Thema:

Shut off email chime with Windows Live Mail?

1. Shut off email chime with Windows Live Mail? - Similar Threads - Shut off email

2. Load Windows Live Mail emails into Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Load Windows Live Mail emails into Windows 10 Mail: How do I access (with my new Windows 10 Home [version 1903] computer using Windows Mail) the many thousands of Windows Live Mail (WLM) emails on my old Windows 7 computer. I use yahoo mail, and I am able to get new yahoo mail using Windows 10 Mail on the new computer, and I...
  3. Windows Live Mail Not Checking for emails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Not Checking for emails: Hello. I am in need of some advice with my windows live mail acct. I am running windows 10 pro. I have ATT as my email server. Last night a tech from att and myself tried to create a new email account along side of the 2 existing email accounts that I have had for 15 years or...
  4. Windows Live Mail deleted emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail deleted emails: In Windows Live Mail running on Windows 10, when an email is deleted it is not transferred into the Deleted folder. How do you arrange for all deleted emails to be transferred and retained in the Deleted folder. Graham...
  5. Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook: Is there a reliable way to transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to an Outlook .pst file? I can see that there are a number of free third party programs that claim to do it but I'm never sure if they can be trusted. I'd like to transfer over the emails I have on my old...
  6. WINDOWS LIVE MAIL AND SPECTRUM/CHARTER EMAIL

WINDOWS LIVE MAIL AND SPECTRUM/CHARTER EMAIL: I have used Windows Live Mail as my email client for years. Even though this program is no longer supported, I continue to use it as it has served me well over the years. Recently I had to change my ISP and get a new email address. I am now with Spectrum/Charter. While I...
  7. Windows Live Mail delete email problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Live Mail delete email problem: From time to time, when I want to delete an email from my 'In' box I get a message "The contents of this message cannot be found". I try to delete it, drag it into deleted folder or trash folder, nothing works. it just stays in the inbox, can't be opened, can't be removed....
  8. Windows Live Mail - email attachments

Windows Live Mail - email attachments: I have a problem receiving attachments in my Windows Live mail. The emails come through but the attachments (.PDF & .doc) to not. .EML attachments come through. I recently changed to a .gmail account. before that the attachments came through with no problem. I can get the...
  9. Windows live mail is not sending emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows live mail is not sending emails: My windows live mail is not sending emails. This is the message I get An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Invoice' Server Error: 554 Server Response: 554 5.7.1 Message rejected due to possible malicious content Server: 'send.xtra.co.nz' Windows Live Mail Error ID:...
  10. Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail: I am setting up Windows Mail on my new Windows 10 desktop computer. I want to transfer my Windows Live emails on Windows 7 to Windows Mail on Windows 10. I have 26 folders and subfolders on the old computer. How do I do that? Thanks, cb 79288