Windows 10: Shutdown BSOD

Discus and support Shutdown BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello -- If I shutdown my computer using Start > Shutdown, I get at least one BSOD during the next boot-up; however, no BSODs occur if I use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Taurean75, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Taurean75 Win User

Shutdown BSOD

Hello --

If I shutdown my computer using Start > Shutdown, I get at least one BSOD during the next boot-up; however, no BSODs occur if I use the physical power button.

The error is "Interrupt Exception Not Handled," and since it occurs during boot-up, nothing gets logged in Event Viewer.

Windows 10 Pro TH2 x64.

What could it be?

:)

Taurean75, Nov 26, 2015
  2. johnqjx Win User

Windows 10 BSOD after every shutdown/restart: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Hi,

I am getting a recurring problem whereby my PC will go into a BSOD whenever I shutdown/restart it. I have tried clean boot and booting in safe mode, but it stills goes into a BSOD when I shutdown/restart. It is extremely frustrating.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-John

johnqjx, Nov 26, 2015
  3. Amorie Win User
    DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION and other BSOD errors on Windows 10.

I understand that a clean boot isnt the source of the bsod, I have now done 3 fresh installs. Also turning off fast startup I doubt will fix the issue. Since it doesnt affect restart. Whether I restart or completly shutdown i have a high chance of BSOD.
    Ive gone days without out a BSOD if i never shutdown or restart my computer. the moment I do shortly after I BSOD.

Thanks for the response, ill try it out the fast startup change.

Amorie, Nov 26, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Shutdown BSOD

Hi Taurean75,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Using the physical button to shutting down your system could corrupt your system, because it is doing stuff and you're suddenly interrupting it. I understand you don't want a bluescreen, but I wouldn't recommend to use the physical button for shutting down this way.

Shutdown BSOD [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 3, please remove them as it may cause trouble.

Does this crash also occur when you restart your system instead of shutting it down?

For the logging problem, please try following.

Shutdown BSOD [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    Shutdown BSOD [​IMG]
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

5. Taurean75 Win User
    Restarts work fine. And the power button is assigned to soft shutdown, not hard shutdown.

I'll do the scan and report back.

Taurean75, Nov 26, 2015
  6. Taurean75 Win User
    This time, a restart caused an BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error. No dump files however.

Scans produced no errors.

Taurean75, Nov 26, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Please make a screenshot of your bluescreen settings and post it.
    Please make sure the Windows Error Reporting Service is set to manual.
    Search "services.msc" (without quotes) > search "Windows Error Reporting Service" service > right click this service and check the startup type.Please make sure your not using any cleanup method or program, they remove the dumps.
    Please make sure your pagefile is properly configured
    Virtual Memory Paging File - Change

8. Taurean75 Win User

Shutdown BSOD

Where can I find that?

Taurean75, Nov 26, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
  10. Taurean75 Win User
    Thanks for your help. I had to reinstall Windows, and it's pretty okay now.

Taurean75, Nov 30, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    I'm sorry to hear the middle part, but also glad to hear the end part *Smile

12. Taurean75 Win User
    Taurean75, Nov 30, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

Shutdown BSOD

That is way beyond my expertise, I'm limited with drivers and hardware problems *Sad
    This is the reason why at home they call me the 'software guy'.

Thema:

Shutdown BSOD

1. Shutdown BSOD - Similar Threads - Shutdown BSOD

2. Random Windows shutdowns without BSOD or dump/minidump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Windows shutdowns without BSOD or dump/minidump: SYSTEM SPECS - [ No Overclocks! ]MOBO MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI MS-7D52 AM4CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800xGPU ZOTAC RTX 3070tiRAM G.Skill Trident-Z Royal 32gb 2x16 3600MHz RAMSTORAGE 931GB Western Digital WD Green SN350 1TB [BOOT DRIVE] - ssd 931GB Western Digital WDC...
  3. Random Windows shutdowns without BSOD or dump/minidump

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Windows shutdowns without BSOD or dump/minidump: SYSTEM SPECS - [ No Overclocks! ]MOBO MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI MS-7D52 AM4CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800xGPU ZOTAC RTX 3070tiRAM G.Skill Trident-Z Royal 32gb 2x16 3600MHz RAMSTORAGE 931GB Western Digital WD Green SN350 1TB [BOOT DRIVE] - ssd 931GB Western Digital WDC...
  4. Constant PC crashes when gaming. Sometimes BSOD sometimes just complete shutdown of PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant PC crashes when gaming. Sometimes BSOD sometimes just complete shutdown of PC.: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff80378c21e19, 0xffff968145fbc900, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\041124-15687-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  5. Constant PC crashes when gaming. Sometimes BSOD sometimes just complete shutdown of PC.

Constant PC crashes when gaming. Sometimes BSOD sometimes just complete shutdown of PC.: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff80378c21e19, 0xffff968145fbc900, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\041124-15687-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  6. PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD: Hi so got this problem for weeks and did some trouble shooting like turning off C-State/Unchecking Fast Start up somehow it improves 2-3hours without restart mostly it is between 30mns-1hr and 30min. It started when id changed my CPU because the one i changed has problem that...
  7. PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD

PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD: Hi so got this problem for weeks and did some trouble shooting like turning off C-State/Unchecking Fast Start up somehow it improves 2-3hours without restart mostly it is between 30mns-1hr and 30min. It started when id changed my CPU because the one i changed has problem that...
  8. PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 11 why BSOD when shutdown ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 why BSOD when shutdown ?: Laptop crashes sometimes when i shut it down everything fine before shutting down here is my minidump please helphttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AthFaqFaHaps8le6yEz5RPY9tdhJ?e=2bAu4P...
  10. Windows 11 why BSOD when shutdown ?

Windows 11 why BSOD when shutdown ?: Laptop crashes sometimes when i shut it down everything fine before shutting down here is my minidump please helphttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AthFaqFaHaps8le6yEz5RPY9tdhJ?e=2bAu4P...