Windows 10: Shutdown delay

Discus and support Shutdown delay in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I select "shut down" on my W10 desktop PC, the monitor darkens immediately, but the power light remains on and the disc activity flashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Frank0913, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Frank0913 Win User

Shutdown delay

When I select "shut down" on my W10 desktop PC, the monitor darkens immediately, but the power light remains on and the disc activity flashes intermittently for 10 seconds to three minutes. What is the PC doing? Why doesn't this happen with my W10 Surface tablet? Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

:)

Frank0913, Sep 4, 2016
  2. harmeier Win User

Internet Explorer Shuts down after about 2 minutes of inactivity

Internet Explorer shuts down after about 2 minutes without activity. How do I delay this shutdown to say about 10 minutes?

[Original title: Internet Explorer Shutdown]

harmeier, Sep 4, 2016
  3. Program manager prevents shut down

If you have a photo set as the desktop background or quick access to photo gallery, this may be causing the shutdown delay, since photo files are generally large. The computer is executing a shutdown faster than the app is closing files. When you close
    the program, the shutdown does not have to execute this procedure.

MikeHortonW7, Sep 4, 2016
Thema:

Shutdown delay

1. Shutdown delay - Similar Threads - Shutdown delay

2. gvrBackgroundWindows3 delays shutdown 1/28/24

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gvrBackgroundWindows3 delays shutdown 1/28/24: I am running Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Lattitude 5530. I just experienced this for the first time. I have had this computer since April 2023 with no issues. This is sudden and unexpected. I saw the 2015 thread with this issue. I have System Mechanic, but I have had it on this...
  3. gvrBackgroundWindows3 delays shutdown 1/28/24

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gvrBackgroundWindows3 delays shutdown 1/28/24: I am running Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Lattitude 5530. I just experienced this for the first time. I have had this computer since April 2023 with no issues. This is sudden and unexpected. I saw the 2015 thread with this issue. I have System Mechanic, but I have had it on this...
  4. Delayed shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delayed shutdown: Hello! Recently, an issue with my Windows 11 installation has arised. When I click on the shutdown button nothing happens and my computer idles normally. After 3-5 minutes the shutdown gets initiated and the computer turns off. I replaced my motherboard and the issue stopped,...
  5. Delayed shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delayed shutdown: Hello! Recently, an issue with my Windows 11 installation has arised. When I click on the shutdown button nothing happens and my computer idles normally. After 3-5 minutes the shutdown gets initiated and the computer turns off. I replaced my motherboard and the issue stopped,...
  6. Windows 10's shutdown dialog box delays

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10's shutdown dialog box delays: Hello. When I press ALT + F4, Windows 10's shutdown dialog box delays too long. But in past it appears instantly. Please help. [img] 157332
  7. Long delay at Welcome animation, if shutdown = black screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Long delay at Welcome animation, if shutdown = black screen: When I am restarting my computer, it boots up very fast but on the login screen, after I type my pin, I am stuck in Welcome screen no cursor for many minutes. The computer eventually boots up... When I press shutdown and I turn my computer on, then before the login screen...
  8. How to delay windows 10 shutdown speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delay windows 10 shutdown speed: Hi I need to be able to slowdown the speed that windows shuts down so an application has time to save it's data across the network so windows does not kill it while it's still saving data. Is there a way to do this?. I have tried the wait to kill app and services registry...
  9. How to delay windows 10 shutdown speed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to delay windows 10 shutdown speed: Hi I need to be able to slowdown the speed that windows shuts down so an application has time to save it's data across the network so windows does not kill it while it's still saving data. Is there a way to do this?. I have tried the wait to kill app and services registry...
  10. Delay in shutdown Caps Lock in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delay in shutdown Caps Lock in Windows 10: Hello, Caps Lock is on, When I press the Caps Lock button on the keyboard to turn off it, I have a delay (more than one minute) in shutdown Caps Lock. ( Caps Lock turn off a one-minute later) Is this a hardware or software problem? Thanks...