Windows 10: Shutdown delay

Discus and support Shutdown delay in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I select "shut down" on my W10 desktop PC, the monitor darkens immediately, but the power light remains on and the disc activity flashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Frank0913, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Frank0913 Win User

Shutdown delay

When I select "shut down" on my W10 desktop PC, the monitor darkens immediately, but the power light remains on and the disc activity flashes intermittently for 10 seconds to three minutes. What is the PC doing? Why doesn't this happen with my W10 Surface tablet? Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

:)

Frank0913, Sep 4, 2016
  2. harmeier Win User

Internet Explorer Shuts down after about 2 minutes of inactivity

Internet Explorer shuts down after about 2 minutes without activity. How do I delay this shutdown to say about 10 minutes?

[Original title: Internet Explorer Shutdown]

harmeier, Sep 4, 2016
  3. Program manager prevents shut down

If you have a photo set as the desktop background or quick access to photo gallery, this may be causing the shutdown delay, since photo files are generally large. The computer is executing a shutdown faster than the app is closing files. When you close
    the program, the shutdown does not have to execute this procedure.

MikeHortonW7, Sep 4, 2016
Thema:

Shutdown delay

1. Shutdown delay - Similar Threads - Shutdown delay

2. My laptop shutdowns for no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop shutdowns for no reason: Hi, my laptop shutdown for no reason after a few minutes use of being unplugged. Then, it works perfectly when it is plugged in and charging. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-shutdowns-for-no-reason/44939395-9b24-499b-a69d-9b7ce3098626
  3. System shutdown itself and after restart two problems 1. cant log in profile and 2. taskbar...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System shutdown itself and after restart two problems 1. cant log in profile and 2. taskbar...: Hi I have Windows 10 version 1803(OS build 17134.165) As mentioned above, I got hit by both problems at same time. 1. We cant sign in to your account 2. Taskbar no response i.e. cant open settings, cant update nothing working except taskmanager and powershell Solutions...
  4. Windows 10 - Login Screen Issue - Shutdown prompt gone

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - Login Screen Issue - Shutdown prompt gone: I had to reinstall Windows 10 Home on my laptop. The Login Screen no longer has the prompt for "Sleep - Restart - Shutdown". It does have "Ease of Access" and "Internet". So, I have to be logged in to shutdown the laptop. How to get back the missing prompts?...
  5. window 10 shutdown dialog box keep appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    window 10 shutdown dialog box keep appearing: [ATTACH] The Shutdown menu appears and disappears randomly sometime multiple times in succession and if I open folders or windows it will close them after around 10-15 seconds by itself....
  6. The Shutdown menu appears and disappears randomly sometime multiple times in succession

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Shutdown menu appears and disappears randomly sometime multiple times in succession: I am having the same issue on my fathers laptop after updating to Windows 10 from 8.1. Its a Lenovo window 10 The Shutdown menu appears and disappears randomly sometime multiple times in succession and if I open folders or windows it will close them after around 10-15...
  7. Please investigate and Shutdown a Fraud Scammer using a Hotmail account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Please investigate and Shutdown a Fraud Scammer using a Hotmail account: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is a fraudulent scammer. They have listed a property for rent in Scarborough, Maine on Craigslist and are NOT the property owner. My wife and I both met the actual owner living inside and she stated at least 4 people have been...
  8. How to identify Windows Services delaying Shutdown or Startup

in Windows 10 News
    How to identify Windows Services delaying Shutdown or Startup: [ATTACH] We all have read articles online about speeding up our Windows computers. Today I am focusing on one item that can cause your Windows computer to shut down or startup slowly – and those are Windows Services. If some Service [...] This post How to identify Windows...
  9. Delayed Shutdown After Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Delayed Shutdown After Update: On rare occasions when trying to shutdown a computer after a Windows Update, instead of shutting down, the computer will go into "Getting Windows Ready, Don't turn off your computer" display. This might occur when shutting down maybe an hour or less after installing the...
  10. Shutdown Button Delay & Long Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown Button Delay & Long Shutdowns: Hello, I've been researching this issue I'm experiencing but I haven't come across anything that has helped. Issue: Click on the start menu > Power > Shutdown. Computer does not immediately shut down. I can continue to do tasks for about 30seconds. The computer...