Windows 10: Shutdown problem in Windows 10

Discus and support Shutdown problem in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; What would cause a windows 10 OS to hang at the Shutdown screen? It just keeps spinning. My on off button won't shut the PC off. This just happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pk51, Jan 10, 2016.

1. pk51 Win User

Shutdown problem in Windows 10

What would cause a windows 10 OS to hang at the Shutdown screen? It just keeps spinning. My on off button won't shut the PC off. This just happened last night. I first did the Start Menut>Power>Shutdown. It took me to the Blue shutdown page and just hung there. It did not completely shut down. I tried the on/off button. That didn't work so I had to shut off the power strip to shut it off. Any suggestions? Thanks.

:)

2. Windows 10 can't shutdown because of task host manager

I have upgraded my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 recently. But, there's a problem occurred which is the shutdown problem. When I want to shutdown the laptop, in the shutdown page will prompt me that the task host manager is running. It will go back to the Desktop
    after few minutes ago or won't shutdown unless I click the "Shutdown Anyway".

Will this bring a big problem to my computer and is there any solution that could solve this?

Marcus Wong95, Jan 10, 2016
  3. hadesaher Win User
    problem with shutdown computer with windows10

shutdown computer have problem with windows 10 i test Ubuntu 14.4 LTS and he shutdown in my dell 3542

hadesaher, Jan 10, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Hey pk51-

I would first take a look at your power options and make sure you have things set up they way you want.

Navigate to Power Options (right-click Start Button > Power Options)

Along the left pane you'll see a link titled; "Choose What The Power Button Do." Click on that, which will take you to the settings page. Check there and see if that's the problem for the shut-down button issue.

As far as the hanging, my first thoughts is a program that's causing you to hang. I'm wondering if you're having an issue with a program not shutting down, however I would suspect you would be receiving messages about that.

You might want to take a quick look at your Reliability Monitor history (type Reliability history into search) and see if anything is showing up on that. If so, you might see if you're able to fix the problem using that utility.

Shutdown problem in Windows 10 [​IMG]

5. pk51 Win User
    Thanks Bird. I set my performance to High as someone else suggested I do. Should I turn off the Fast boot up button. I tested the PC about an hour ago. It worked okay if I kept the off on button depressed for 5 seconds. I will keep You posted.

6. b1rd Win User
    I've seen that suggested for various issues. I have mine set to Fast Boot, and things are working fine on my end (as far as I know anyhow).

I have always had to keep the power button depressed for a few seconds on every machine that I've owned. If your hard drive is a standard moving drive, then what you'll want to do is to wait for a few seconds before powering it on again, after shutting it down.

7. pk51 Win User
    Thanks Bird. Another member told me what to do and it seems to working okay for now. If it starts again I will ask You for more solutions.

8. fawad Win User

my PC shutdown automatically on welcome screen and sometimes after running for a little bit time I have replaced my power supply also bought new wires also but nothing worked any help?

fawad, May 30, 2017
  9. CountMike New Member
    Might be overheating ?

CountMike, May 30, 2017
  10. fawad Win User
    no I doesn't overheat I have opened the CPU at the starting time everything was fine and everything was fitted correctly also CPU was at normal temp

fawad, May 30, 2017
  11. fawad Win User
    No man I have never messed in BIOS

fawad, May 31, 2017
  12. axe0 New Member
    Its worth it to check *Smile

Thema:

1. Shutdown problem in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Shutdown problem

2. Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11: In the newest update of Windows 11, I have a problem with shutdown. Every single time that I click on the shutdown button, it first restarts my laptop, and shutdown after that. Can someone give me a solution to fix that?...
  3. Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11: In the newest update of Windows 11, I have a problem with shutdown. Every single time that I click on the shutdown button, it first restarts my laptop, and shutdown after that. Can someone give me a solution to fix that?...
  4. Some problems with shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some problems with shutdown: What is the meaning of...
  5. Some problems with shutdown

Some problems with shutdown: What is the meaning of...
  6. Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC.: Hi, I am facing Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC. When I checked in the Event Viewer Application Logs, I think that the below error might have caused this issue " Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID...
  7. Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC.

Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC.: Hi, I am facing Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC. When I checked in the Event Viewer Application Logs, I think that the below error might have caused this issue " Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID...
  8. Shutdown Problem with Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown Problem with Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop: I have a Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop I got from a guy. The hardware is like new. Shortly after starting to use, it, it started the shutdown sequence randomly. I might get one minute or 10. I restored BIOS to factory settings several times. I reset Windows 11 once and...
  9. Shutdown Problem with Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop

Shutdown Problem with Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop: I have a Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop I got from a guy. The hardware is like new. Shortly after starting to use, it, it started the shutdown sequence randomly. I might get one minute or 10. I restored BIOS to factory settings several times. I reset Windows 11 once and...
  10. I am facing problem with my windows 10. After shutdown when i login again i found below...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am facing problem with my windows 10. After shutdown when i login again i found below...: Dear concern. I am facing problem with my windows 10. After shutdown when i login again i found below problem* My all data deleted from my desktop. * All information remove from my browser. * My all install apps become uninstall. I am seeking help urgently. Thanks &Sourabh...