Windows 10: Shutdown problem

Discus and support Shutdown problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Suddenly over the last week my PC has gone from closing almost instantly to taking 10 to 15 minutes to shut down. Everything else is normal : boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jon Mal, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Jon Mal Win User

Shutdown problem

Hi
    Suddenly over the last week my PC has gone from closing almost instantly to taking 10 to 15 minutes to shut down. Everything else is normal : boot is fast and all programs are running normally. I'm worried something is going wrong and this is the time to stop it. I tried a remedy after searching the forum involving two command line instructions but it made no difference.
    Where do I start please?
    John

:)

Jon Mal, Jul 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 can't shutdown because of task host manager

I have upgraded my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 recently. But, there's a problem occurred which is the shutdown problem. When I want to shutdown the laptop, in the shutdown page will prompt me that the task host manager is running. It will go back to the Desktop
    after few minutes ago or won't shutdown unless I click the "Shutdown Anyway".

Will this bring a big problem to my computer and is there any solution that could solve this?

Marcus Wong95, Jul 2, 2016
  3. Shutdown problem

Do you get a Blue Screen of Death?

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 2, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

Shutdown problem

First thing I would start looking at is "malware/spyware" that might be lurking on the system. Your issue it a good indicator of such malware/spyware is on a system.

Plankton, Jul 2, 2016
  5. topgundcp Win User
    Try this registry tweak. Create a file with entension .reg, add lines below, save it then double click to merge into the registry:
    Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] "AutoEndTasks"="1" "HungAppTimeout"="1000"[/quote]

topgundcp, Jul 2, 2016
  6. Jon Mal Win User
    Thanks. I ran the paid for malaware bytes anti malware premium updated version and I have paid for Kaspersky internet security. Neither report a problem.

Jon Mal, Jul 2, 2016
  7. Jon Mal Win User
    I'll try the registry fix. I take it that's a text file I can create in notepad. ( Not too experienced at that stuff...)

Jon Mal, Jul 2, 2016
  8. topgundcp Win User

Shutdown problem

Yes, use notepad to create it but make sure you change the extension from .txt to .reg

topgundcp, Jul 2, 2016
  9. Jon Mal Win User
    Sadly that didn't work. The registry fix reported it had success in loading but the close down still took >10 mins. (Twice) during this time the hard disk is working hard with the light constant not flickering.

Jon Mal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Shutdown problem

1. Shutdown problem - Similar Threads - Shutdown problem

2. Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11: In the newest update of Windows 11, I have a problem with shutdown. Every single time that I click on the shutdown button, it first restarts my laptop, and shutdown after that. Can someone give me a solution to fix that?...
  3. Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11: In the newest update of Windows 11, I have a problem with shutdown. Every single time that I click on the shutdown button, it first restarts my laptop, and shutdown after that. Can someone give me a solution to fix that?...
  4. Some problems with shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some problems with shutdown: What is the meaning of...
  5. Some problems with shutdown

Some problems with shutdown: What is the meaning of...
  6. Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC.: Hi, I am facing Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC. When I checked in the Event Viewer Application Logs, I think that the below error might have caused this issue " Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID...
  7. Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC.

Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC.: Hi, I am facing Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC. When I checked in the Event Viewer Application Logs, I think that the below error might have caused this issue " Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID...
  8. Shutdown Problem with Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown Problem with Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop: I have a Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop I got from a guy. The hardware is like new. Shortly after starting to use, it, it started the shutdown sequence randomly. I might get one minute or 10. I restored BIOS to factory settings several times. I reset Windows 11 once and...
  9. Shutdown Problem with Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop

Shutdown Problem with Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop: I have a Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop I got from a guy. The hardware is like new. Shortly after starting to use, it, it started the shutdown sequence randomly. I might get one minute or 10. I restored BIOS to factory settings several times. I reset Windows 11 once and...
  10. I am facing problem with my windows 10. After shutdown when i login again i found below...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am facing problem with my windows 10. After shutdown when i login again i found below...: Dear concern. I am facing problem with my windows 10. After shutdown when i login again i found below problem* My all data deleted from my desktop. * All information remove from my browser. * My all install apps become uninstall. I am seeking help urgently. Thanks &Sourabh...