Windows 10: Shutdown Settings are disabled

Discus and support Shutdown Settings are disabled in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I just upgraded from win 8.1 to win 10 and i need help with the shutdown setting being disabled here. [img] Thanks :-) 53850 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by newqdoa, Jun 19, 2016.

1. newqdoa Win User

Shutdown Settings are disabled

Hello,
    I just upgraded from win 8.1 to win 10 and i need help with the shutdown setting being disabled here.
    Shutdown Settings are disabled [​IMG]
    Thanks Shutdown Settings are disabled :)

:)

newqdoa, Jun 19, 2016

2. A useful change to the MS Task Manager

Yes, but by the time you can find "network settings", and find the disable option, its just as fast to just shutdown the computer and reboot with the ethernet connection .disabled, a disable option on the same display would be Much better

charlesmierow, Jun 19, 2016
  3. My pc won't shut down!!!

Disable Hybrid Shutdown Manually

Follow these steps to manually disabled Hybrid Shutdown feature.

Go to Search, type power options and click on Power Options from search results

On the left side of the window click on Choose what the power button does

If needed, click on Change settings that are currently unavailable, under Define power buttons and turn on password protection

From the enabled options under Shutdown settings section, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended) checkbox to disable Hybrid Shutdown.

Click Save changes button to save the modified settings.

Close Power Options window when done.

Perform A Full Shutdown

Another way to turn off your computer without Hybrid Shutdown is to perform a full shutdown, to do that, follow these steps:

Right-click on your Desktop.

Go to New, and click on Shortcut.

For “Type the location of the item,” input this:

shutdown -F -T ## -C “Your message here” (## can be any number from 0 and 315360000, and “Your message here” could be any text you want))

Click Next.

Name the shortcut by your wish

Right-click the shortcut on from your desktop and click Properties.

Change the icon of the shortcut by your desire, just for the aesthetic reasons

Pin the shortcut to your start menu and you’re good to go

Martin Drobny, Jun 19, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hi @newqdoa, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

Did you click and engage the link above the settings?

Shutdown Settings are disabled [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Shutdown Settings are disabled - Similar Threads - Shutdown Settings are

2. How to disable shutdown option only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable shutdown option only: Hello,How can I disable\hide shutdown option from start menu, but I want to keep restart option available for end users. Is there a way to accomplish this via GPO?My goal is to prevent users from powering off their machines. I don't want to remove the entire shutdown...
  3. How to disable shutdown option only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable shutdown option only: Hello,How can I disable\hide shutdown option from start menu, but I want to keep restart option available for end users. Is there a way to accomplish this via GPO?My goal is to prevent users from powering off their machines. I don't want to remove the entire shutdown...
  4. How to disable shutdown option only

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Disable Shutdown Confirmation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Shutdown Confirmation: I always have a program running that won't shutdown with Windows so I always have to confirm the shutdown or the PC won't turn off. Can I tweak the ShutdownButton just to force kill everything without my confirmation? - I always forget to do it and already left the the room...
  6. Disable Reboot on Update and Shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Reboot on Update and Shutdown: Since Windows 10 v2004, when there's a pending update and you select "Update and Shutdown" on the start menu the behavior has changed for the worse. Before, when selecting Update and Shutdown, Windows would complete the first stage of the update usually 30% and then power...
  7. want to disable slide to shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    want to disable slide to shutdown: How do I Disable Swipe to shutdown in Windows 10 , everytime i turn on my laptop it comes on lockscreen and if didnt enter password in 4-5 seconds its automatically gets shutdown. Please help me to diable this slide to shutdown. I've already tried shut down troubleshooting....
  8. Should I disable hybrid shutdown ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I disable hybrid shutdown ?: I have Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016). I haven't done much reading on this but I do it on intuition. I always hibernate my laptop so that it starts up faster. In order for a better health of my laptop, once a week, I restart it. Whenever I shut down my laptop,...
  9. Disable Restart/Shutdown Theme

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Restart/Shutdown Theme: Hello, Are the any ways to change/remove the background colour of the Restart/Shutdown screen? Currently, mine is set to grey and it looks butt ugly, I don't want to change the theme just for that. Are the maybe any reg hacks I can use? Thanks submitted by /u/dsr33...
  10. shutdown settings disable. how to enable these things.

in Windows 10 Support
    shutdown settings disable. how to enable these things.: how to enable hibernate. plse tell me .shutdown settings disable. how to enable these things. thanks. [img] [img] 11434