Windows 10: Shutdown sound notification

Discus and support Shutdown sound notification in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; A truncated system notification sound will be heard if the start menu POWER=Shutdown or the Start Menu right click "shut down or sign out"=shutdown is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Rose W, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Rose W Win User

Shutdown sound notification

A truncated system notification sound will be heard if the start menu POWER=Shutdown or the Start Menu right click "shut down or sign out"=shutdown is used. Testing the default control panel sounds has the system notification be the closest to the brief musical sound I hear. There is not an actual 'shut down sound' displayed in the list.
    A short cut icon with the shut down script 'C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -s -t 00' does not produce this sound.
    The event viewer report at shutdown time displays the Client OOBE ID 3 stopped. (Why this is listed as an error is a mystery since the security would be stopping if the machine is shut down???but that is the only event listed)

This little sound started after the Jan updates.
    Previous to Jan and Feb updates I could not expect a complete shutdown if an external drive was plugged in.
    After the recent updates the external drive can be left plugged in and the shut down does not restart.
    That little sound is nothing compared to restart but I wondered if it needed to be investigated.

:)

Rose W, Feb 14, 2016

2. System sounds no longer working after downgrade to Windows 7 from Windows 10

Hi,

I've tried the steps and restarted, and tried running the troubleshooter and some system sounds are still not working, mainly the Windows error sounds but other sounds like new email notifications or the navigational sounds, logon/logoff and startup/shutdown
    sounds and sounds from other programs worked normally; there doesn't seem to be any problem with my sound card.

NutLeepaisomboon, Feb 14, 2016
  3. Frequent freezes/hangs, action center & start unresponsive, apps not functioning after anniversary update

Apologies for the delay.

• Control Panel > hardware and sound > Power Options
    • Choose what the power button does
    • Change settings that are currently unavailable
    • Then under shutdown settings, uncheck "Turn-on fast start-up"

Be warned that this resulted in some especially slow shutdowns for some reason but so far the notification issue has not resurfaced.

Graham_Aus, Feb 14, 2016
Thema:

Shutdown sound notification

1. Shutdown sound notification - Similar Threads - Shutdown sound notification

2. Sound Notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Notifications: Hello. Recently I have notice that I no longer get sound notifications on my laptop. For instance, when I get new messages from desktop messenger or desktop whatsapp it no longer makes a sound, only the dot notification. I did turn banner notification cause I did not want...
  3. Sound Notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Notifications: Hello. Recently I have notice that I no longer get sound notifications on my laptop. For instance, when I get new messages from desktop messenger or desktop whatsapp it no longer makes a sound, only the dot notification. I did turn banner notification cause I did not want...
  4. Notification sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification sounds: I'm using Windows 10 and Windows 11 on my computers and I use notification sounds because I'm often using a full screen obscuring three tabs I also have open.I have the same notification sounds on my Win 11 computer as on my Win 10 laptop.The laptop sound when an email...
  5. Notification sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification sounds: I'm using Windows 10 and Windows 11 on my computers and I use notification sounds because I'm often using a full screen obscuring three tabs I also have open.I have the same notification sounds on my Win 11 computer as on my Win 10 laptop.The laptop sound when an email...
  6. No Notification Sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Notification Sounds: Sound works fine on my laptop running the latest Windows 10, I can play music and watch videos, but I don't get notification sounds. I have tried every solution I could find in the forums but nothing seems to work. Notifications are turned on, apps have microphone access and...
  7. Notifications / Sounds

Notifications / Sounds: Whenever I Get A Notification Or Open Something Like Windows Search My Volume Is Decreased By A Large Amount, Maybe 90%. This Is A New Issue That Came Out Of Nowhere https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-sounds/505775a5-9802-4ffb-8c20-df703bbc9a71
  8. no notification sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no notification sound: [ATTACH] i tried to troubleshoot sounds but it showed like this pls help me quickly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/no-notification-sound/9e933157-0d99-443b-b1f1-4b192714d233
  9. NO NOTIFICATION SOUND

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NO NOTIFICATION SOUND: AS I BOUGHT HP LAPTOP 7 MONTHS AGO IT CAME WITH WINDOWS 10 INSTALLED.AT THE INITIAL STAGE OF USING IT THE NOTIFICATION SOUNDS SUCH AS EMAIL, EXTERNAL DEVICE INSERT SOUNDS EVERYTHING WAS GOING GOOD BUT NOW NO NOTIFICATION SOUND IS COMING FROM MY LAPTOP. BUT MY SPEAKER...
  10. notification sound

notification sound: How do I turn it off (win 10) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/notification-sound/8dd11d20-59f2-4083-a687-74ab3869c2ac