Windows 10: shutdown sound problem

Discus and support shutdown sound problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have adjusted registry to allow access to system exit sound, which, by default in win10, is not visible. Having made it visible, even when I change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by giwatcher, Aug 19, 2017.

1. giwatcher Win User

shutdown sound problem

I have adjusted registry to allow access to system exit sound, which, by default in win10, is not visible. Having made it visible, even when I change to my preferred wav file, apply it, and play it for confirmation, when I shutdown, I hear only the ms default ding. I am able, for example, to change the empty recycle bin file sound and it works. Why not the system exit(shutdown) sound. What business is it of MS what sound I use? I am aware this is a problem, but does someone have a solution yet?

:)

giwatcher, Aug 19, 2017

2. GDI+ Window Computer Freeze

Same here! Before shuting down I had issues with the sound of the computer - there was no sound at all. When I check in sound settings there was a massage that another device is being used. Then I tried to shutdown the machine and GDI+ Window was preventing
    the shutdown process. This is constant problem...

Любомир Любенов, Aug 19, 2017
  3. ppc 6700 sound problem

Everything on the phone is working fine except all of my sounds went out. I can hear calls that come in but they can't hear me; screen taps, music, etc.--no sound except for a little static or jusort of short circuit type sound. Have no idea what the problem
    is, any help will be greatly appreciated.

I've had the phone for over a year with no problems.

Also, the date and time jumped back 3 years.

Thanks again!

ppc6700 sound problem, Aug 19, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

shutdown sound problem

Hi, this has been discussed a few times here. Shutdown is fast, so an attempt to resurrect this using a registry hack, or by using a scheduled task will be unsuccessful as it is a deprecated feature (hence not available as it used to be in Win 7 say).

You might get part of the sound you have selected played if you use a scheduled task.

Please feel free to give feedback to MS - in particular, people with disabilities may find this feature helpful.

dalchina, Aug 19, 2017
Thema:

shutdown sound problem

1. shutdown sound problem - Similar Threads - shutdown sound problem

2. shutdown and sleep sound problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shutdown and sleep sound problem: shutdown and sleep sound problem to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutdown-and-sleep-sound-problem/9274952e-7bd1-46e1-bb35-c08648d4f399
  3. shutdown and sleep sound problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shutdown and sleep sound problem: shutdown and sleep sound problem to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutdown-and-sleep-sound-problem/9274952e-7bd1-46e1-bb35-c08648d4f399
  4. shutdown and sleep sound problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help shutdown sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help shutdown sound: Hey guys, does someone know how i can enable a shutdown sound like in windows XP or vista submitted by /u/FoxIsOnTwitch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m20rn9/help_shutdown_sound/
  6. windows shutdown sound

windows shutdown sound: hello I've tried the following steps in this video using Task Scheduler so when windows when shutdown would have a certain sound, but it doesn't work for some reason I don't know if the steps in the video would allow me to change the sound to a costum sound of my liking....
  7. Changing shutdown sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing shutdown sound: yall I tried everything to change the shutdown sound and it doesn't work , there's no sound when it shuts did they the remove it completely ? submitted by /u/lil_star_666 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lncr2e/changing_shutdown_sound/
  8. No Startup or Shutdown Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Startup or Shutdown Sound: Yes, I have the box checked to play sounds on startup under the sound tab in Control Panel. Does anyone have any ideas for me? When I test other sounds on the sound tab they play fine. I have noticed that Dolby Home Theater v4 did not migrate with the upgrade from Win 7....
  9. Shutdown sound notification

Shutdown sound notification: A truncated system notification sound will be heard if the start menu POWER=Shutdown or the Start Menu right click "shut down or sign out"=shutdown is used. Testing the default control panel sounds has the system notification be the closest to the brief musical sound I hear....
  10. Shutdown problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown problem: Hi Suddenly over the last week my PC has gone from closing almost instantly to taking 10 to 15 minutes to shut down. Everything else is normal : boot is fast and all programs are running normally. I'm worried something is going wrong and this is the time to stop it. I tried...