Windows 10: Shutdown/startup process logging

Discus and support Shutdown/startup process logging in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know of a comprehensive guide to what should be recorded as a result of a default shutdown/startup sequence, i.e. what normal events/event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RickC, Apr 8, 2018.

1. RickC Win User

Shutdown/startup process logging

Does anyone know of a comprehensive guide to what should be recorded as a result of a default shutdown/startup sequence, i.e. what normal events/event IDs should I see in Event Viewer with fast startup enabled as opposed to any different events/event IDs recorded if fast startup/hibernation is disabled (using powercfg /h off)?

I'm more familiar with Windows 7 and used to checking just the System log (for example, for event IDs 6006 and 6009) but am aware that there are many more logs/channels in Windows 10. Perhaps I need to look further than System?

I'm fine about doing the testing of the 2 different states myself but don't want to spend the time reinventing the wheel if the information already appears somewhere else.

In addition, I would be very interested if anyone knows of any recent changes to the shutdown/startup processes in recent builds. (At present both devices are on identical builds, i.e. 1709 Build 16299.309... but one of the devices has only recently updated itself.)

The reason I'm asking is because, on 2 different devices (one with fast startup/hibernation left at default and the other with it/them disabled), I'm seeing different results in each System log. As a result I'm trying to work out whether this is normal for the 2 different states or whether there's an issue. (For info, this is related to this post in this forum thread.)

More info: Both devices are Windows 10 Pro in a home environment, same workgroup/network.

Many thanks...

:)

RickC, Apr 8, 2018

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

HI,

I already checked with SCF and DISM, but this also didn't help.

Is there a possibility to check what is going wrong in the process of fast startup (shutdown and startup) or Hibernate. It looks like it is going wrong during shutdown, resulting in a crash during startup

windows-10, Apr 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Version 1511 Build 10586.14 won't shut down

Thank you for your answer. But as my understanding clean boot is used to resolve startup issue, but our problem is shutdown process. Is this is also going to help us to fix shutdown process? I have the exact problem with my PC.

Gemechu Alemayehu, Apr 8, 2018
Thema:

Shutdown/startup process logging

1. Shutdown/startup process logging - Similar Threads - Shutdown startup process

2. Successful shutdown process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Successful shutdown process: Is it safe to close my lid before seeing the shutdown screen complete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/successful-shutdown-process/811b5c71-196f-47bb-9a0d-9864dfd1b6c2
  3. Successful shutdown process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Successful shutdown process: Is it safe to close my lid before seeing the shutdown screen complete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/successful-shutdown-process/811b5c71-196f-47bb-9a0d-9864dfd1b6c2
  4. Startup processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup processes: Hi how do I get chrome.exe to be a startup app or program in Task Manager?It used to be in Task Manager under Processes and Startup. Now it doesn't show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-processes/e66beb94-5d2b-463f-ba15-a69e5fa30e25
  5. Startup processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup processes: Hi how do I get chrome.exe to be a startup app or program in Task Manager?It used to be in Task Manager under Processes and Startup. Now it doesn't show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-processes/e66beb94-5d2b-463f-ba15-a69e5fa30e25
  6. Startup processes

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to check the Shutdown and Startup Log in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to check the Shutdown and Startup Log in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Finding out the last time the PC was correctly turned off or booted up is the way to start for troubleshooting many Windows issues. Another […] This article How to check the Shutdown and Startup Log in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Shutdown and startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown and startup: Hello . My windows 10 pc suddenly has been taking ages to shut off. I press shutdown and it takes 30 seconds for the shutdown screen to show. This randomly started 1 day. I reset the pc, keeping only my games and some documents and it,s still the same. It also takes longer to...
  9. Slow Shutdown Process

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Shutdown Process: hello i recently upgraded to a new motherboard and CPU alongside with new memory. motherboard im currently using right now is Asrock B450m Pro4. ps. its a new clean install of windows october update 1809. the problem here is, when i click Shutdown button in windows, like...
  10. Slow Shutdown Process

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow Shutdown Process: hello i recently upgraded to a new motherboard and CPU alongside with new memory. motherboard im currently using right now is Asrock B450m Pro4. ps. its a new clean install of windows october update 1809. the problem here is, when i click Shutdown button in windows, like...