Windows 10: Shutdowns and freezes when testing with prime95

Discus and support Shutdowns and freezes when testing with prime95 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had more issues than I can count with this PC. Most recently I had a month long issue which was eventually fixed by lowering the vCore on my CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by buncieboy, Sep 24, 2017.

1. buncieboy Win User

Shutdowns and freezes when testing with prime95

I've had more issues than I can count with this PC. Most recently I had a month long issue which was eventually fixed by lowering the vCore on my CPU by 0.1. I wasn't overclocking but the automatic settings in the BIOS let it creep over 1.5v (fx-8350). I went from constant crashes to none for 3 weeks.

Now suddenly they are back again, except this time they are repeatable. I have tried resetting to default settings again, disabling turbo boost and using -0.1 on the vCore but it will always crash with in 10 seconds of starting prime95.

I have tried logging the results but I can't see any pattern or reason for this to be happening (heat or power wise)

Any ideas?

:)

buncieboy, Sep 24, 2017

2. [Win10 BSOD]WHEA Uncorrectable Error appears in a periodical manner

Ok I Prime95-ed the PC and the crash do happens lots faster, it crashes 5 hours after the last crash. But the problem is is that a CPU issue or is that a RAM issue? Sense Prime95 uses both when testing. Also if the DMP
    refers to genuine Intel, it can also be a north bridge caused problem...?

ComplexHui, Sep 24, 2017
  3. Hello ! I have computer AG wortman with windows 10 with Whea uncorectable error impossible to correct whith various post solution on microsoft answer

I have ever done stress test ...and the computer never crash when run it...

But i havent test with prime95 but other stress test programs...i will test with yours to see...

many thanks.

jean mariegirardet, Sep 24, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Did you turn back the frequency a little?

5. buncieboy Win User
    Nah I didnt, but as I mentioned I went from crashes all the time, to none for 3 weeks like that. I have removed one ram stick and like that again issues gone. PC has been stable for 2 days now of constant use and doesnt crash on prime95. I need this PC for next few days for work, but after that I will start testing sticks and slots and see work out what combinations make it crash.

buncieboy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Shutdowns and freezes when testing with prime95 - Similar Threads - Shutdowns freezes testing

2. Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU: My computer crashes and I get the BSOD stating clock watchdog timeout after freezing when doing a stress test on my CPU - ram tests ok. I have checked the PSU - bought a new one and cooling and used different ram as well. All to no avail....
  3. Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU: My computer crashes and I get the BSOD stating clock watchdog timeout after freezing when doing a stress test on my CPU - ram tests ok. I have checked the PSU - bought a new one and cooling and used different ram as well. All to no avail....
  4. PC shutdown when userbenchmark.exe is running GPU stress test

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shutdown when userbenchmark.exe is running GPU stress test: I recently got a free 5-year-old workstation PC. The PC had OEM for Windows 8.1, I installed Windows 10. I was running userbenchmark.exe to see the performance of my PC. It runs fine until the 3D animations show up and it suddenly shut down my PC.I don't know the issue, I can...
  5. PC shutdown when userbenchmark.exe is running GPU stress test

PC shutdown when userbenchmark.exe is running GPU stress test: I recently got a free 5-year-old workstation PC. The PC had OEM for Windows 8.1, I installed Windows 10. I was running userbenchmark.exe to see the performance of my PC. It runs fine until the 3D animations show up and it suddenly shut down my PC.I don't know the issue, I can...
  6. PC shutdown when userbenchmark.exe is running GPU stress test

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Freeze then Shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze then Shutdown: This is just one of the details but my pc freezes and the picture below shows the list of the warnings from the event viewer.The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  8. Freeze then Shutdown

Freeze then Shutdown: This is just one of the details but my pc freezes and the picture below shows the list of the warnings from the event viewer.The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  9. Failing Prime95 on RAM test - HW failure?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failing Prime95 on RAM test - HW failure?: Hi all,Over this weekend I've been testing my RAM modules due to a request I got from technical support. I use Private Internet Access VPN and if I leave my VPN running for 24 hours, at some point its process will get killed. The support told me that I probably have a...
  10. Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU: How to: Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU Prime95 is a freeware program originally designed to find new Mersenne prime numbers. Given the nature of Prime95 it is now widely used as a CPU stress testing utility to gauge the stability of a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. primw95 crashes 1803