Windows 10: Shutdowns and freezes when testing with prime95

Discus and support Shutdowns and freezes when testing with prime95 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had more issues than I can count with this PC. Most recently I had a month long issue which was eventually fixed by lowering the vCore on my CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by buncieboy, Sep 24, 2017.

1. buncieboy Win User

Shutdowns and freezes when testing with prime95

I've had more issues than I can count with this PC. Most recently I had a month long issue which was eventually fixed by lowering the vCore on my CPU by 0.1. I wasn't overclocking but the automatic settings in the BIOS let it creep over 1.5v (fx-8350). I went from constant crashes to none for 3 weeks.

Now suddenly they are back again, except this time they are repeatable. I have tried resetting to default settings again, disabling turbo boost and using -0.1 on the vCore but it will always crash with in 10 seconds of starting prime95.

I have tried logging the results but I can't see any pattern or reason for this to be happening (heat or power wise)

Any ideas?

:)

buncieboy, Sep 24, 2017

2. [Win10 BSOD]WHEA Uncorrectable Error appears in a periodical manner

Ok I Prime95-ed the PC and the crash do happens lots faster, it crashes 5 hours after the last crash. But the problem is is that a CPU issue or is that a RAM issue? Sense Prime95 uses both when testing. Also if the DMP
    refers to genuine Intel, it can also be a north bridge caused problem...?

ComplexHui, Sep 24, 2017
  3. Hello ! I have computer AG wortman with windows 10 with Whea uncorectable error impossible to correct whith various post solution on microsoft answer

I have ever done stress test ...and the computer never crash when run it...

But i havent test with prime95 but other stress test programs...i will test with yours to see...

many thanks.

jean mariegirardet, Sep 24, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Did you turn back the frequency a little?

5. buncieboy Win User
    Nah I didnt, but as I mentioned I went from crashes all the time, to none for 3 weeks like that. I have removed one ram stick and like that again issues gone. PC has been stable for 2 days now of constant use and doesnt crash on prime95. I need this PC for next few days for work, but after that I will start testing sticks and slots and see work out what combinations make it crash.

buncieboy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Shutdowns and freezes when testing with prime95 - Similar Threads - Shutdowns freezes testing

2. PC frequently shutdown, screen freeze.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC frequently shutdown, screen freeze.: Hi, there. I am recently experiencing shutting down and screen freeze problem. Every time I checked my windows log could find same errors. it starts with "Error occurred in stopping the Dhcpv6 client service. ErrorCode is 0x6D9.ShutDown Flag value is 0." Then a series...
  3. Computer Will Not Stay Shutdown When I Shutdown........

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Will Not Stay Shutdown When I Shutdown........: Greetings-- I have been having something happening for the last four days that is quite creepy, to say the least. I would like to say that this has been happening ever since my last "update", but I can not be sure of that 100%..... Each night, when I go to bed, I...
  4. ShutDown Freezes After Updating KIS

in Windows 10 Support
    ShutDown Freezes After Updating KIS: Hello. After updating to the latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security and Zemana AntiMalwarre, when I try to shutdown the PC it freezes at "Stopping Services" white type against a blue background. Any suggestions as to how to solve this will be most appreciated. Thank...
  5. error codes and freezing/random shutdowns

error codes and freezing/random shutdowns: i use a all in one desktop computer with windows 10 on it and lately it has been freezing and restarting unexpectedly with occasional error codes: stop watchdog timeout, irql not equal or less and i have tried to fix them myself by uninstalling recent programs and...
  6. Windows 10 freezes during shutdown and sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 freezes during shutdown and sleep: I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro. PROBLEM: After resume from sleep, the system failed to start and made a pop sound. After that the system freezes whenever I try to shut it down or use sleep. The screen is off but the power & charge leds and fan is still on. It...
  7. Freezing and shutdown issues.

Freezing and shutdown issues.: Hello everyone, Two days ago my house experienced a blackout, since then my computer experiences frequent freezing and today a crash or something that caused a unexpected shut down. I understand that when power is cut from a computer issues can arise, in this case, most...
  8. BSOD instantly when running prime95,moving picture in microsoft word,

BSOD instantly when running prime95,moving picture in microsoft word,: I am getting BSOD instantly when running prime95,moving picture in Microsoft word or sometimes when scrolling too fast in Microsoft power point. Ran mem test with no problems temps are all at normal range I can't figure this one out, help please. 87162
  9. Failing Prime95 on RAM test - HW failure?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failing Prime95 on RAM test - HW failure?: Hi all,Over this weekend I've been testing my RAM modules due to a request I got from technical support. I use Private Internet Access VPN and if I leave my VPN running for 24 hours, at some point its process will get killed. The support told me that I probably have a...
  10. Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU: Hello Gav mate this tutorial I am assuming it will be ok for users of 7?? 16474

Users found this page by searching for:

1. primw95 crashes 1803