Windows 10: shutting down and cleaning screen

Discus and support shutting down and cleaning screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I shutdown my asus laptop should I also unplug the battery cord. Also, what is the best thing to clean my computer screen? I know they are stupid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dragonladyc, Oct 31, 2016.

1. shutting down and cleaning screen

When I shutdown my asus laptop should I also unplug the battery cord. Also, what is the best thing to clean my computer screen? I know they are stupid questions, but I really don't know much about computers, going on 72 and fairly new at it. Thanks for any help.

:)

dragonladyc, Oct 31, 2016

2. System doesn't shut down

I have tried a clean boot and it still will not shut down. I will however shut down properly from Safe Mode. I don't know exactly how save mode differs from a clean boot, other than the screen resolution in Safe Mode is much lower.

Blue Viking, Oct 31, 2016
  3. How to perform a clean boot in windows10

I use windows 10 facing problem to shut down. Each time when i shut down my laptop only screen shut down and power button still on and when i forcefully press button then off. Only one time flash msg "Task host window" when i shut down my system not every
    time. And also wants to know In windows 10 clean boot method as same as windows 8.

ManishAnandZA, Oct 31, 2016
  4. shutting down and cleaning screen

dragonladyc,

We're in the 70s club!As far as cleaning the screen, use a microfiber cloth, or a piece of old t-shirt. Use a little distilled water on the cloth, and wipe softly. There are computer screen wiping cloths you can purchase at a store.

On unplugging the battery cord, it depends on the situation.
    If the laptop is charged, there is no need to leave the plug in.

If you normally use the laptop plugged in to an electrical outlet, I would unplug it when done. If there is a power surge, you are better off having it unplugged. Also, there is no danger of someone running into the cord and dropping the laptop to the floor.

If you are going to use the laptop on batteries, outside of the house, or wherever, you need to plan ahead, and make sure it is charged beforehand.

cottonball, Oct 31, 2016
  5. Thank you cottonball for your response. I do have a cleaner with a microfiber cloth, says to spray on cloth first, had it a while hope it's ok. Guess I'll unplug the battery cord before bed and do everything in the morning.

Thank you again

dragonladyc, Oct 31, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Same as any flat screen. Do not clean until the monitor or screen has fully cooled down or before you turn it on. Spray the solution on the cloth not the screen. Monoprice sells the bottle of screen cleaner and clothe. I also use a photographer's lens brush to wipe away any dust that gathers in the edges and along my keyboard.

bro67, Oct 31, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    You do not have to take out the battery or unplug your laptop. Just before you hit power, clean it off with enough light that you can see any issues. Just do a one time swipe, not try to rub back and forth.

bro67, Oct 31, 2016
  8. shutting down and cleaning screen

Thank you all for the replies, cleaning went well *Wink

dragonladyc, Nov 1, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    I am bad about not keeping the dust off of mine. It is when the Sun hits my screen if I have not turned it on and then I get that duh moment. I just keep the bottle of Screen Cleaner and towel on the end table next to my side of the couch.

The Monoprice mix and clothe is actually pretty cheap. I usually get the Amazon Basics cables, but never tried the screen solution, since I have used the same bottle for over 6 years that I got from Monoprice and have another in the Linen closet. Three Flatscreens and two laptops, two tablets and two phones in our house, the cleaner tends to get used if you keep a regular schedule on keeping the grime off.

There are some recipes that people have made their own cleaner. I would go by a pre-made solution or the clothes that are sold in the tear packets. Just make sure that it has no alcohol in the mix. It will take off the Anti-Glare coating.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

shutting down and cleaning screen

1. shutting down and cleaning screen - Similar Threads - shutting down cleaning

2. Windows 10 clean install shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 clean install shut down: When Im trying to clean install, copying windows files is done like instantly while there is actually no windows files exist at all, is that possible? Then when its getting ready suddenly my laptop shut down by itself and when I turn it on says error because it was shut down...
  3. Windows 10 clean install shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 clean install shut down: When Im trying to clean install, copying windows files is done like instantly while there is actually no windows files exist at all, is that possible? Then when its getting ready suddenly my laptop shut down by itself and when I turn it on says error because it was shut down...
  4. Windows 10 clean install shut down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The operating system did not shut down clean

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The operating system did not shut down clean: When i power on the pc it says at the top .The operating system did not shut down clean and then it loads it freezes in 6 seconds the dots to i tryed how to do it it never worked my model .HP laptop .2020 HP laptop. .1,300 $ HP laptop Please tell me what to do....
  6. Windows didn't shut down cleanly

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows didn't shut down cleanly: I have Dell XPS8700. After a windows update last June, my computer wouldn't shut down in the normal way. After messing about, looking for a solution for weeks, I discovered that I couldn't open Intel Rapid Storage Technology software, & that it had been corrupted. Once I had...
  7. shut down screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    shut down screen: When my computer shuts down a screen sometimes appears either with some form of error message or that an app has not closed. The screen closes so fast I am not able to completely read the message. I tried, but I can't find a way to stop or pause the screen to be able to...
  8. computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly": computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly" new computer, don't know why, have optane enabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-down-randomly-showingthe-opwerating/a68f7186-4c26-4180-95b6-6daf60c2dc25
  9. The system shut down without Cleanly shutting down first Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The system shut down without Cleanly shutting down first Kernel-Power: I have been getting this Event ID: 41 I in the past had several of these and changed motherboard which seems have fixed the issue, however it seems to have returned again. The last previous was back in 2016-12-02 this morning I get up to my main business computer/server has...
  10. Computer will not shut down, stuck in "shutting down" loading screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not shut down, stuck in "shutting down" loading screen: I've had this problem for 3 days now, and I'm frustrated beyond belief. Whenever I go to shut down my computer, I'm always stuck in "shutting down" or "restarting" with the circle loading animation playing below it. I'd leave it on throughout the whole day, and the computer...