Windows 10: Shutting down laptop and turning on later displays a blank screen

Discus and support Shutting down laptop and turning on later displays a blank screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I just recently bought a GT73VR Titan Pro gaming laptop. I have a problem though. When I go to windows start button->shut down and then turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LedLoaf, Aug 14, 2017.

1. LedLoaf Win User

Shutting down laptop and turning on later displays a blank screen

Hello,

I just recently bought a GT73VR Titan Pro gaming laptop. I have a problem though. When I go to windows start button->shut down and then turn it on the next day it always displays a black screen and it forces me to hold the power button to turn it off and turn it back on, which instantly its back to normal.

I've messed around with the power & sleep options. I have made sure shutdown is assigned to shutdown, which some odd reason it was set to sleep when I went in there. Is there a specific hotkey to escape sleep mode? I believe you can press any button to get out of sleep mode (this may be the problem though).

Also what is the difference between sleep and hibernation mode. In hibernation mode would that allow me to say close my laptop lid and still be able to download stuff ect? When I download stuff over night I typically just turn off the display but setting it to 1 minute activation. Does anyone know if there is a hotkey for just turning off the monitor if hibernation does not work how I thought it would?

Sorry for the long post and multiple questions.

Thanks a bunch.

:)

LedLoaf, Aug 14, 2017
  2. Pritz_07 Win User

Laptop beamed black while starting up after upgrading to Windows 10

I have a HP touchsmart tm2 laptop after upgrading to Windows 10 it suddenly shut down. When I restarted it, the display works showing for HP & windows 10 symbols respectively, after then it displays a blank screen

Pritz_07, Aug 14, 2017
  3. Windows 10 problem fix, urgent need help!!?

recently i have updated my laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10 which then i have found several problems that i encounter when using my laptop after the upgrade.

Firstly, my laptop will not fully shut down even tho i have click the button shut down, the laptop will have a blank screen however i can still see the power button shining.

Secondly, my laptop will not lock its screen after i closed my laptop (when i folded it)

Thirdly, after it went into sleep mood, i cannot turn it back on, which is similar to the situation on the problem, the laptop will have a blank screen and the power button will be glowing yet i cannot perform anything
    on it and i have to shut my laptop down by holding the power button on my laptop.

please tell me how to fix my problem, thanks.

ShavaizMir, Aug 14, 2017
  4. Shutting down laptop and turning on later displays a blank screen

Hi LedLoaf.

Sleep is sleep. You are using some power but the device for the most part is non-functional. Hibernation is like when a bear hibernates. It is a deeper sleep, uses less energy and takes longer to wake up.

Next time you shutdown your device hold the shift key down and click shutdown. This disables Windows Fast Startup. Windows starts a fresh copy.

If this fixes you can try to determine what withing Fast Startup is not working or you can permanent disable Windows Fast Startup. Here is tutorial.

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

Not sure if there is a Hotkey to sleep monitor.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 14, 2017
Thema:

Shutting down laptop and turning on later displays a blank screen

1. Shutting down laptop and turning on later displays a blank screen - Similar Threads - Shutting down laptop

2. My laptop screen suddenly shut down and can't be turned on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop screen suddenly shut down and can't be turned on: I just took my laptop from the repairing store, my old laptop keyboard is not working so I asked them to replace a new keyboard. After the replacement, my laptop randomly shutdown when I was using it. But the problem is: it didn't shutdown completely, the screen seems to be...
  3. My laptop screen suddenly shut down and can't be turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen suddenly shut down and can't be turned on: I just took my laptop from the repairing store, my old laptop keyboard is not working so I asked them to replace a new keyboard. After the replacement, my laptop randomly shutdown when I was using it. But the problem is: it didn't shutdown completely, the screen seems to be...
  4. My laptop screen suddenly shut down and can't be turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I shut my laptop down today... it said shutting down then the screen just goes blank and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I shut my laptop down today... it said shutting down then the screen just goes blank and...: Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-shut-my-laptop-down-today-it-said-shutting-down/3ff5b1b5-91dd-4155-9e27-f1b455d55b80
  6. I shut my laptop down today... it said shutting down then the screen just goes blank and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I shut my laptop down today... it said shutting down then the screen just goes blank and...: Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-shut-my-laptop-down-today-it-said-shutting-down/3ff5b1b5-91dd-4155-9e27-f1b455d55b80
  7. screen displays "lock screen" and shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen displays "lock screen" and shuts down: My laptop using Windows 10 has suddenly encountered two problems: The screen will display "lock screen" for 1 or 2 seconds and shut down. This is seemingly random, as it doesn't appear associated with any particular website. The timing is also random, sometimes occurring...
  8. Laptop not shutting down even after force shut down and screen doesn't display anyhting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not shutting down even after force shut down and screen doesn't display anyhting.: So I was working on my laptop and all of a sudden it got stuck, nothing moving so I trued to turn on Task manager but it didn't work so I force shut down my laptop but the light indicating the power on is still blinking. I turned it on again and the screen turns on but...
  9. blank screen after shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    blank screen after shutting down: i have a problem where after shutting down the screen went blank but the power button is still on. i know theres a couple discussion about this. i read it and saw most of the answer to fix this is through management engine interface. i tried a couple way to fix this from...
  10. Shut down display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Shut down display: I have a problem and I don't know what to do. How can I get to turn my display to turn off. It did have a power indicater in the lower right corner and could click on it and it would should down now it will not turn off. 120009