Windows 10: Sick of a cheap mouse that breaks? Consider the Microsoft Mouse 4000

Discus and support Sick of a cheap mouse that breaks? Consider the Microsoft Mouse 4000 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There are so many mouse devices available today, and many really cheap ones from Chinese brands that look nice. But, I have to say that after using 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cytherian, May 6, 2018.

1. cytherian Win User

Sick of a cheap mouse that breaks? Consider the Microsoft Mouse 4000

There are so many mouse devices available today, and many really cheap ones from Chinese brands that look nice. But, I have to say that after using 2 of them, I'm done with them. My last one was a Jelly Comb mouse, which looks great and is nicely slender, but it began to have button trouble after a year. Previously I'd used nothing but Microsoft and Logitech mice, and the only reason for upgrading was either improved models available or loss. Btw, I use only wireless mice because their battery efficiency has increased very well.

While my primary computer has a Logitech MX Anywhere Mouse (original version), I went back to using a Microsoft Mouse 4000 for my travel laptop. There's a couple of great things about this mouse. First, the shape is very ergonomic. Second, it's lightweight without feeling very cheap (it uses one AA battery). Third, it has a good tactile rubber surround for easy grip that holds up to many years of use. Fourth, the receiver easily docks inside the mouse. Fifth, it has an easy-to-use on-off switch. Sixth, it has an extra side button plus a mouse wheel click button. Seventh, the laser resolution is excellent for non-gaming use. And lastly, it comes in a wide range of color options.

I'd previously had a Microsoft Mouse 4000 that I used VERY heavily. It was my only mouse and I moved it back and forth between computers. Well, after a few years of daily use, it started to break down. First thing to go was the rubber stripping around the wheel. Next, the power switch began to get touchy, where I'd have to fiddle with it to get it into an ON position. And finally, the "death blow" was the left mouse button contact broke. I think when I originally purchased it, it was $20. For 5 long years of use, that was a pretty damned good run. In fact, it remained in excellent cosmetic condition.

After my sleek looking Jelly Comb mouse from China started having trouble, I searched for replacements. And I was overwhelmed by the choice... but also, by the wide range of reviews for them, a distinct mix of love and hate. But in all of them, very few long term reports on quality/reliability. I still had my old Microsoft Mouse 4000 tucked away in a computer device junk box. I took it out and thought to myself that I should just get another. I searched on eBay. Sure enough, there are sellers offering them in original box with minor wear (customer return, display model, etc), and I got one for only $10. It turned out to be like new, no signs of bottom scuffs. And best of all, Microsoft hasn't changed the design. All older parts are compatible. My broken Mouse 4000 has a nice white top surface with gray graphics on it (like a city skyline) and I was able to cannibalize that part (along with the matching rear piece) and install it onto the new mouse that came with a black upper surface. There's also a dark red version available that looks nice. The MS Mouse 4000 is easy to disassemble.

Anyway, I'm very glad to have a nice, dependable mouse again for very little money. I thought it might be helpful to pass this along. If you're looking for a decent quality mouse for about $10~$15 and want to avoid all of those potentially unreliable Chinese brand mice, consider the MS Mouse 4000. (NOTE: It is made in China, but strictly under Microsoft or MS affiliate, so quality is ensured).

:)

cytherian, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Sick of a cheap mouse that breaks? Consider the Microsoft Mouse 4000

1. Sick of a cheap mouse that breaks? Consider the Microsoft Mouse 4000 - Similar Threads - Sick cheap mouse

2. Microsoft Mouse 4000 never worked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Mouse 4000 never worked: Hello there.I bought a Microsoft Mouse 4000 and it never worked. The brand new battery runs out after 3 minutes and the mouse shuts off. Last week, I returned back to the Best Buy store 60 W 23rd st. New York NY where I have purchased the mouse and they have informed me that...
  3. Microsoft Mouse 4000 never worked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mouse 4000 never worked: Hello there.I bought a Microsoft Mouse 4000 and it never worked. The brand new battery runs out after 3 minutes and the mouse shuts off. Last week, I returned back to the Best Buy store 60 W 23rd st. New York NY where I have purchased the mouse and they have informed me that...
  4. Microsoft Mouse 4000 never worked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How much better is a cheap 10$ wired gaming mouse vs a cheap 10$ wireless mouse?

How much better is a cheap 10$ wired gaming mouse vs a cheap 10$ wireless mouse?: Hi, i think i already asked this before, but which is better for pvp ln minecraft? My wired mouse is tbe hcman t-60with 680 reviews and i chose it cause most were good, and it with the tax only costs about 9$ if i round it up And my wireless one in quesrion is the victsing...
  6. Microsoft Wireless mobile 4000 mouse pairing without USB

Microsoft Wireless mobile 4000 mouse pairing without USB: Hi i like to know hoy i can pair my Microsoft Wireless mobile 4000 mouse, D5D-00001, with my laptop without the USB dongle. Is any way??? Thanks...
  7. Microsft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000: I was needing help with this Mouse the Transceiver has quit working and I can not find a compatible one online. Can you help me out? The PID: is 02062...
  8. Microsoft Optical Mouse 4000 doesn't work.

Microsoft Optical Mouse 4000 doesn't work.: I am using Windows 10 on a Dell Computer and keyboard. I have a Microsoft Optical Mouse 4000 which I'd like to use.. It appears in the device page and I've downloaded a driver: MS Mouse & Keyboard center2.3.188.0. It shows in the programs, but doesn't show any data size. Have...
  9. New Microsoft wireless mobile mouse 4000 side button.

New Microsoft wireless mobile mouse 4000 side button.: I just recently purchased a new mouse. While using my old Logitech mouse i could hold in on the left side button and the roll the wheel to zoom in and out. My new mouse is a Microsoft wireless mobile mouse 4000. How do i set up the new mouse to work like the old mouse so...
  10. Microsoft 4000 mouse horizontal scroll in PDF

Microsoft 4000 mouse horizontal scroll in PDF: Hi there, I have downloaded microsoft mouse and keyboard center, and also selected acrobat as not function properly. Still the Acrobat Pro does not support horizontal scrolling, unlike other programs such as word, chrome which works perfectly. How do I solve this...