Windows 10: Side-by-side errors on almost everything

Discus and support Side-by-side errors on almost everything in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having occasional problem with date changes in Windows 10. It started happening right after some system updates. Usually the date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jack Flash, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Side-by-side errors on almost everything

Hi,

I've been having occasional problem with date changes in Windows 10. It started happening right
    after some system updates. Usually the date would jump ahead by about ten days but the time
    would be okay. This mostly (maybe always) was right after waking up from sleep mode. I would
    just toggle "set date automatically" to manual and then back to automatic.

Yesterday after using the system all morning with no problems, I found that starting almost any
    application would give a "side-by-side configuration error". Ones that were already running were
    fine. Looking in the WinSxS folder I see a bunch of updates dated 3/24/2018 which is still 5 days
    in the future. I suspect that maybe the bad dates are causing the side-by-side problems. Is this possible?

I find that I can at least run a command prompt or powershell, but *not* as administrator.

I hesitate to just reboot because it seems likely that Windows itself might not run.

Any ideas on how I can get out of this predicament short of a reinstall?

Thanks

:)

Jack Flash, Mar 18, 2018
  2. Anna Bol Win User

Side by Side configuration errors on EVERYTHING!

Hi,

For advanced assistance regarding your
    concern, we suggest you to post your query in

TechNet forums

Anna Bol, Mar 18, 2018
  3. larimack Win User
    Side by Side configuration errors on EVERYTHING!

I have read many of the posts, but step 1 seems to be the C++ reinstall, however, I get the side by side error when trying to do the C++ reinstall!! I can not uninstall the old files either! What am I supposed to do? I just started getting this error
    today, after some Windows 10 and Adobe updates were installed and the laptop rebooted.

larimack, Mar 18, 2018
Thema:

Side-by-side errors on almost everything

1. Side-by-side errors on almost everything - Similar Threads - Side side errors

2. Side by side error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Side by side error: I attempt to install Autodesk Revit 2024. but it finished in the middle of installing process. and an error with a "side-by-side" message appeared. I uninstalled C++ and reinstall an updated one, but the problem persists. what do I have to do?...
  3. Side by side error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Side by side error: I attempt to install Autodesk Revit 2024. but it finished in the middle of installing process. and an error with a "side-by-side" message appeared. I uninstalled C++ and reinstall an updated one, but the problem persists. what do I have to do?...
  4. Side by SIde error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side by SIde error: Hi, I am getting side by side error while running any program on windows 10. error is "Application has failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect. Event log is showing below detailsActivation context generation failed for "System Default Context"....
  5. Side by SIde error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Side by SIde error: Hi, I am getting side by side error while running any program on windows 10. error is "Application has failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect. Event log is showing below detailsActivation context generation failed for "System Default Context"....
  6. Side by SIde error

7. side by side error

side by side error: am an able to install any application on my windows 10 home pc as i am getting the following error the application has failed to start because its side-side configuration is incorrect, Please see application event log or use the command-line sxctrace.exe tool for more detail,...
  8. Side-by-side error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Side-by-side error: hey, out of nowhere im getting this side-by-side error in almost all applications. [ATTACH] I've tried pretty much every solution i could find regarding this error and nothing works. the only things i didn't try are installing the MS C++ redistributables the problem is i...
  9. Side By Side Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side By Side Error: I have a Win 10 desktop which was new at the beginning of the year. I recently applied a patch to a program Cyberlink PowerDVD as recommended by the vendor. The patch/program failed to install causing the desktop to blue screen. There were no Windows crash dumps, but the...
  10. Side by Side error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Side by Side error: Does anyone know how to fix side by side errors? Cant open excel and a few other apps... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-error/89890df9-d383-4883-bda7-942889fe4bc4