Windows 10: Sidebar gadgets on Win10

Discus and support Sidebar gadgets on Win10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello guys. On Windows 7 I had some sidebar gadgets, like CPU and RAM usage, Calendar, watch, etc... Is there anything similar on Win 10? 41140 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Siegfriedm, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Sidebar gadgets on Win10

Hello guys. On Windows 7 I had some sidebar gadgets, like CPU and RAM usage, Calendar, watch, etc... Is there anything similar on Win 10?

:)

Siegfriedm, Feb 16, 2016
  2. JohnHilll Win User

Windows 10 Sidebar Gadgets

Microsoft has completely disabled (in Win10) the use of the "Gadgets" from Vista and Win 7. Oddly, there is still a Windows program named "Sidebar" that loads automatically with Win 10 without most user's knowledge. I have no idea what this 'sidebar' might
    be doing.

If you really like your old Gadgets you can get the same appearance and functions from "8gadgetpack.net". This is freeware which works in Windows 10 and can be downloaded through trusted sites like CNET.com and Softpedia if you like. There are many more
    than eight gadgets included.

JohnHilll, Feb 16, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Feb 16, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Sidebar gadgets on Win10

davidhk, Feb 16, 2016
  5. JohnBurns Win User
    JohnBurns, Feb 16, 2016
  6. PJLLB Win User
    I use 8GadgetPack.com's free offering. It supports use of gadgets that I used before (like Pandora) and works like the sidebar gadgets from Windows 7.

PJLLB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sidebar gadgets on Win10

1. Sidebar gadgets on Win10 - Similar Threads - Sidebar gadgets Win10

2. Speaking of "Gadgets"...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speaking of "Gadgets"...: What's the point of that Weather/News thing on my Taskbar?Can I get rid of it?It's a nuisance and I don't want it! Mouse over anywhere near it and it pops up all this 'news' and then I have figure out how to close the pane. }:[[ You reckon the 8 Gadget Pack doesn't work....
  3. Speaking of "Gadgets"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaking of "Gadgets"...: What's the point of that Weather/News thing on my Taskbar?Can I get rid of it?It's a nuisance and I don't want it! Mouse over anywhere near it and it pops up all this 'news' and then I have figure out how to close the pane. }:[[ You reckon the 8 Gadget Pack doesn't work....
  4. 8 gadget pack, msn weather gadget

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    8 gadget pack, msn weather gadget: Does anyone use the 8 gadget pack? Have used it for a few years as I always liked some of the handy gadgets like MSN weather, scrolling photos and cpu meter. Anyway I noticed on all our machines since yesterday the MSN weather gadget says service is unavailable. Anyone...
  5. .gadgets

in Windows 10 Customization
    .gadgets: Reinstalled Windows 10 also installed bitdefender internet security 2019 ( two days deleted) now have gadgets installed clicked on small icons and uninstalled them put still have space when I right click desk t.op that says gadgets. went to "turn windows features on off"no...
  6. Win10 Desktop Gadget Black Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Desktop Gadget Black Screen: Hello there ! soo I installed desktop gadget for my win 10 and for some weird reason when I am in dota 2 menu and then go back to desktop (windows button or alt+tab) my gadgets (default windows gadgets) calendar, weather and CPU&RAM meter turns black like there is only...
  7. Desktop gadgets

Desktop gadgets: Hello, I have a quick question. My desktop gadgets disappeared after windows update. I've tried everything. What should I do, any suggestions? tnx 85116
  8. Gadgets

Gadgets: Are Gadgets still available in Windows 10? I found out that the 2 folders where Gadgets were stored in 7, are still in 10: C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets = for ALL users C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets = for specified...
  9. Widgets and Gadgets?

Widgets and Gadgets?: Hello Folks, New Member here, . First I would like to thank everyone on these forums that have provided fixes, and answers to this MS New OS called Win10. For Months now I have had nothing but issues getting this OS to install, and work without issues. Win10 Forums has had...
  10. Desktop Gadgets?

Desktop Gadgets?: So I was poking through gpedit.msc looking for things to disable when I found: [img] I thought desktop gadgets were removed in Windows 8? To test it I enabled them, got my favorite .gadget. Nada. Is this for compatibility purposes or just another example of...