Windows 10: Sign-in choice

Discus and support Sign-in choice in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have two PC, Windows 10 Pro & Home, both on 1709 build 16299.248. On each there are four user accounts: on the Pro I am the first named, on the Home... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MikeinGrange, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Sign-in choice

I have two PC, Windows 10 Pro & Home, both on 1709 build 16299.248. On each there are four user accounts: on the Pro I am the first named, on the Home I am the third. At every log-on (whether after a restart or shutdown) the Pro logs me on automatically, which is what I want, but the Home PC always logs on Visitor, which is the first in the list. Then I have to sign out Visitor and log in as myself. Even after I log out (shutdown or restart) Windows doesn’t remember that I was the last user – next time Visitor is always logged on first.
    If indeed it is the case that Windows always selects the first user from the list, the question is how do I put myself at the top of the list? Or is there another solution?

:)

MikeinGrange, Feb 14, 2018
  2. dspen2000 Win User

Only choice to sign in is Administrator

I updated an 8.1 computer to windows 10 during the free period. However, I have never been able to login to my microsoft account at bootup. It was somehow set up to enter the password automatically and it always said it was the wrong password. Upon pressing
    enter, a choice for the Administrator account came up and I was able to enter the password I use for the microsoft account to get into it. After much trying to fix this problem, I deleted the microsoft account off the machine. I was then able to add it to
    the email and other apps section and it signs in with the correct password when I do so.

At this point, the only option that comes up at boot up is the Administrator account. I can still login to it with no problems, but on my laptop, the microsoft account with the nice picture of my Dodge Challenger still comes up as it always has, and somehow
    it enters the password for me so it goes right to that screen. I don't remember how this was set up.

How do I get this PC machine to boot up with the microsoft account to login to? It does not even come up as a choice...only the Administrator account, even when I intentionally enter the wrong password. I'd even be happy if I have to enter the password
    every time, I just want to be able to get into my account at boot up like I do on the laptop so I have some consistency between computers.

Thanks for any info.

dspen2000, Feb 14, 2018
  3. Only choice to sign in is Administrator

Hi,

You may refer to the following screenshots below to guide you in signing in to your Microsoft account.

Sign in Online

Sign-in choice [​IMG]

Sign in on Windows 10

Sign-in choice [​IMG]

Thank you.

Jhessica Sur, Feb 14, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Sign-in choice

5. Solved. Many thanks Bree.

MikeinGrange, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sign-in choice

1. Sign-in choice - Similar Threads - Sign choice

2. Can sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can sign in: Every time I try to enter my Microsoft account on the windows home menu says password is incorrect so I reset my password and the password I just reset it still doesn’t work help me...
  3. Can sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can sign in: Every time I try to enter my Microsoft account on the windows home menu says password is incorrect so I reset my password and the password I just reset it still doesn’t work help me...
  4. Can't get Windows 11 to recognize my external camera for sign in

Can't get Windows 11 to recognize my external camera for sign in: I have an MSI laptop that has a pretty lackluster, built-in camera. I decided to upgrade to a USB Logi external camera. I'm able to get to it work fine with Zoom, but as far as facial recognition when I first boot up or when my computer sleeps after a period of inactivity,...
  5. I press more choices to sign in with the correct account, but it continues to bring me to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I press more choices to sign in with the correct account, but it continues to bring me to...: Windows security keeps asking me to sign in, but the wrong username appears. I press more choices to sign in with the correct account, but it continues to bring me to the wrong username. How do I get rid of the wrong account?...
  6. I press more choices to sign in with the correct account, but it continues to bring me to...

I press more choices to sign in with the correct account, but it continues to bring me to...: Windows security keeps asking me to sign in, but the wrong username appears. I press more choices to sign in with the correct account, but it continues to bring me to the wrong username. How do I get rid of the wrong account?...
  7. "one drive isn't signed in" popup at boot by choice... but... one app > one drive - "has to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "one drive isn't signed in" popup at boot by choice... but... one app > one drive - "has to...: How can the One Drive feature require waiting for it to close on shutdown if it isn't signed in to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-isnt-signed-in-popup-at-boot-by-choice/e8ad38d9-aac4-4a37-8765-e71d286e237c
  8. "one drive isn't signed in" popup at boot by choice... but... one app > one drive - "has to...

"one drive isn't signed in" popup at boot by choice... but... one app > one drive - "has to...: How can the One Drive feature require waiting for it to close on shutdown if it isn't signed in to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-isnt-signed-in-popup-at-boot-by-choice/e8ad38d9-aac4-4a37-8765-e71d286e237c
  9. Windows 11, recent change to sign in with Windows Hello, no longer gives the choice to use...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, recent change to sign in with Windows Hello, no longer gives the choice to use...: This is the change I'm referring to: Before I could login with PIN.Now only gives this silly option? I did not change anything, why is the PIN option gone?Another useless complication! ‍...
  10. Windows 11, recent change to sign in with Windows Hello, no longer gives the choice to use...

Windows 11, recent change to sign in with Windows Hello, no longer gives the choice to use...: This is the change I'm referring to: Before I could login with PIN.Now only gives this silly option? I did not change anything, why is the PIN option gone?Another useless complication! ‍...