Windows 10: Sign In Error - "We can't sign into your account"

Discus and support Sign In Error - "We can't sign into your account" in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I Just had a log in error. I have a Dell Precision 7710 mobile work station with the Anniversary Update. I turned on the machine and tried to log in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rinconmike, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Sign In Error - "We can't sign into your account"

I Just had a log in error. I have a Dell Precision 7710 mobile work station with the Anniversary Update. I turned on the machine and tried to log in and got:

---------------
    We can't sign into your account
    This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account, then signing back in. If you don't sign out now, any files that you create or changes that you make will be lost.
    ---------------

Logging out and restarting did not work. I shut it down, undocked (it is a Thunderbolt Cable Dock), and then restarted. Luckily it was back to normal log in. I shut down docked, and booted and it was normal log in again.
    Not sure what happened. Hope the issue does not come back.

I read online this happened to others, but cannot find a cause or fix (other than restarting) and wondering if anyone knows why this happened.

thanks

:)

rinconmike, Aug 15, 2016

2. Error message says "We can't sign nto your account" on a domain account. I've tried restarting, several times. The account is an administrative account.

Error message says "We can't sign into your account" on a domain account. I've tried restarting, several times. The account is an administrative account.

TerrianBurton, Aug 15, 2016
  3. BigAl_7 Win User
    Cannot log in with password on Windows 10

After running a virus scan - could not log into computer with password - error message: "We can't sign into your account." This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. This DID NOT work. I changed password...
    this DID NOT work. Any help is appreciated.

BigAl_7, Aug 15, 2016
  4. Sign In Error - "We can't sign into your account"

I cannot find out how to repair this error. I am almost ready to just reinstall windows any better suggestions?
    Greg

MisterGreg, Nov 3, 2016
Thema:

Sign In Error - "We can't sign into your account"

1. Sign In Error - "We can't sign into your account" - Similar Threads - Sign Error can't

2. We can't sign into your account error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't sign into your account error: I've been having this issue for a while now on my school laptop saying "We can't sign into your account" and it's been going on for a while. It doesn't do this on my other school laptops and my teacher just says to ignore it so why is it doing it on one specifically?...
  3. We can't sign into your account error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We can't sign into your account error: I've been having this issue for a while now on my school laptop saying "We can't sign into your account" and it's been going on for a while. It doesn't do this on my other school laptops and my teacher just says to ignore it so why is it doing it on one specifically?...
  4. We can't sign into your account error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. "we can't sign in to your account" Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "we can't sign in to your account" Error: hey everyoneso yesterday when I turned my pc on I was faced with a pop-up message saying "we can't sign in to your account" and I get thrown into a temporary user profile.I have tried many different fixes I could find over the internet but had no luck managing to get my old...
  6. "we can't sign in to your account" Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "we can't sign in to your account" Error: hey everyoneso yesterday when I turned my pc on I was faced with a pop-up message saying "we can't sign in to your account" and I get thrown into a temporary user profile.I have tried many different fixes I could find over the internet but had no luck managing to get my old...
  7. "we can't sign in to your account" Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. we can't sign in to your account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    we can't sign in to your account: should I delete the latest update? Worked OK before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-sign-in-to-your-account/aced66a1-4310-4e32-9cc9-5b8ec4a5b787
  9. "we can't sign in to your account" error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "we can't sign in to your account" error: I have changed my username because there is a space in my username which need to avoided. So I have changed username in control panel-> users. Also I have changed it in registry editor as said in windows community for changing name in C:/Users folder. After changing I have...
  10. "We can't sign into your account" error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "We can't sign into your account" error: I was downloading War thunder on steam yesterday and my dad turned off the computer, I woke up this morning greeted with a "We can't sign into your account " error here. I tried many ways, i tried installing the updates (wouldst install), I tried the regedit thing too. The...