Windows 10: Sign in options defaults

Discus and support Sign in options defaults in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; On my 1703 build machine I have "Ctrl+Alt+Del" enabled at the logon screen. When the machine boots up I hit "Ctrl+Alt+Del" and I can see "Other User"... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by xy677, Apr 20, 2017.

1. xy677 Win User

Sign in options defaults

On my 1703 build machine I have "Ctrl+Alt+Del" enabled at the logon screen. When the machine boots up I hit "Ctrl+Alt+Del" and I can see "Other User" where I can (by default) enter my username and password.

Since I don't use my password to login (I use Hello) I always have to click "Sign in options" and then I am presented with 4 boxes to click to select the type of logon I want to do:

• Password
    • PIN
    • Microsoft account
    • Face/Hello

So I click Face and am logged on.

What I would like to know is, can you set the Face (Hello) to be the default so that when I do a "Ctrl+Alt+Del" after booting up it automatically logs me in using the Face/Hello option?

It's such a pain having to click through this each time the machine boots up. Funnily enough if you lock the machine it remembers the type of logon and uses Face/Hello to log me in automatically without me having to click anything.

Are there any options to configure the logon type defaults? I know I can disable the "Ctrl+Alt+Del" screen but would like to avoid this.

Thanks!

:)

xy677, Apr 20, 2017

2. Sign-in Options - Require sign-in options are greyed out - Windows 10

The require sign-in option in the sign-in options are greyed out.

Each time my pc wakes up it prompts for my password. this is a pain as i i have 2 pcs rigged toghether and when i am working on one the other goes to sleep.

i tried changing the options in all other places including in power options > no password after sleep , in screensaver setting.

All that is left is this setting.

dileepmatt, Apr 20, 2017
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    Sign-in Options - Require sign-in options are greyed out - Windows 10

Hi!

There is a little link at top of page says change settings currently unavailable.

Sign in options defaults [​IMG]

Teddy2016, Apr 20, 2017
Thema:

Sign in options defaults

1. Sign in options defaults - Similar Threads - Sign options defaults

2. How to make PIN as a default sign-in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make PIN as a default sign-in options: My Windows 11 has both password and PIN set up, but the login screen always ask for a password as a default sign-in option. I wanted to use the PIN instead, without manually changing the sign-in options every single time. How? Thanks....
  3. How to make PIN as a default sign-in options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make PIN as a default sign-in options: My Windows 11 has both password and PIN set up, but the login screen always ask for a password as a default sign-in option. I wanted to use the PIN instead, without manually changing the sign-in options every single time. How? Thanks....
  4. Default Sign in option - Autopilot Laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Sign in option - Autopilot Laptops: Is there a way either in the Autopilot console or by script to make the default sign in option seen at start the username and pin? Not username and password? These are windows 10 autopilot laptops. Not domain joined...
  5. Default Sign in option - Autopilot Laptops

Default Sign in option - Autopilot Laptops: Is there a way either in the Autopilot console or by script to make the default sign in option seen at start the username and pin? Not username and password? These are windows 10 autopilot laptops. Not domain joined...
  6. Default Sign in option - Autopilot Laptops

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Fingerprint sign-in as default option on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint sign-in as default option on Windows 11: I just upgraded to Windows 11. When I sign-in, I am asked to enter my PIN. In order to use fingerprint, I have to select "sign-in options" and click on the fingerprint. I have restarted the computer numerous times, and each time I am asked to enter my PIN and have to go...
  8. Fingerprint sign-in as default option on Windows 11

Fingerprint sign-in as default option on Windows 11: I just upgraded to Windows 11. When I sign-in, I am asked to enter my PIN. In order to use fingerprint, I have to select "sign-in options" and click on the fingerprint. I have restarted the computer numerous times, and each time I am asked to enter my PIN and have to go...
  9. How to - Set facial recognition as DEFAULT sign-in option in Windows10

How to - Set facial recognition as DEFAULT sign-in option in Windows10: Facial recognition is set up- But the password box always shows up and I need to click pin or facial manually. How do I set a default login for facial recognition? It worked before but som HP preinstalled **** f.... it up....
  10. Windows 10 - Sign-In Options - Prevent Default Sign-In From Changing?

Windows 10 - Sign-In Options - Prevent Default Sign-In From Changing?: I've used the password sign-in option for years until I recently started using the fingerprint option in hopes that it might be more convenient. However I've noticed that the default sign-in option always changes to the one last-used. I am satisfied with the password option...