Windows 10: Sign-in Options doesn't work

Discus and support Sign-in Options doesn't work in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; In Accounts, when I click Sign-in Options, that text turns darker, indicating selection, but no options appear and I can then select no other choices... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gogreen, Sep 10, 2015.

1. gogreen Win User

Sign-in Options doesn't work

In Accounts, when I click Sign-in Options, that text turns darker, indicating selection, but no options appear and I can then select no other choices under Accounts. SFC /SCANNOW shows no integrity violations and my PC is up to date. Any ideas why sign-in options doesn't work?

I don't remember if I enabled signing in without a password, probably in Windows 7, if that was available, because that may have carried over to Windows 10 when I upgraded. So would the sign-in option simply not work if one enables signing in without a password?

:)

gogreen, Sep 10, 2015

2. Sign-in Options - Require sign-in options are greyed out - Windows 10

The require sign-in option in the sign-in options are greyed out.

Each time my pc wakes up it prompts for my password. this is a pain as i i have 2 pcs rigged toghether and when i am working on one the other goes to sleep.

i tried changing the options in all other places including in power options > no password after sleep , in screensaver setting.

All that is left is this setting.

dileepmatt, Sep 10, 2015
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    Sign-in Options - Require sign-in options are greyed out - Windows 10

Hi!

There is a little link at top of page says change settings currently unavailable.

Sign-in Options doesn't work [​IMG]

Teddy2016, Sep 10, 2015
  4. gogreen Win User

Anyone? Just chime right in.

gogreen, Sep 23, 2015
  5. nayk Win User
    Just letting you know that I too have been having this problem and have gone from forum to forum (as I will continue to do) to find a solution. For me, the "SFC /SCANNOW" solution does not work and "manage credentials" also does not work.

Hope some solution will come one day.

6. Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sign-in Options doesn't work - Similar Threads - Sign Options doesn't

2. My equal sign Doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My equal sign Doesn't work: I'm not sure why but for some reason the equal sign on my keyboard doesn't seem to work. I've had to copy and paste equal signs online for the past year or so. I've tried fixing it in the past to no change. I've tried deleting the keyboard on the device manager and restarting...
  3. sign in options- pin not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sign in options- pin not working: hello, so first I decided to add my Microsoft acc on my laptop, I added it, at some point, I went to settings and I added a pin, now I can't remove my pin because it says pin unavailable when I open my laptop I sign in with the pin but now I can't remove it, I have a password...
  4. sign in options- pin not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in options- pin not working: hello, so first I decided to add my Microsoft acc on my laptop, I added it, at some point, I went to settings and I added a pin, now I can't remove my pin because it says pin unavailable when I open my laptop I sign in with the pin but now I can't remove it, I have a password...
  5. sign in options- pin not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Sign-In Options Not Working On Laptop

Sign-In Options Not Working On Laptop: Hi everyone I have an xps 13 9300 and none of my sign in options are working. I have tried multiple things on the internet and watched many youtube videos but nothing solved my issue and it's very frustrating since this laptop is almost brand new. I hope somebody can help me...
  7. Shutdown option doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown option doesn't work: When I click on shutdown nothing happens. The issue appeared after the recent update. Does anyone know how to fix it? submitted by /u/User202000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jd29pq/shutdown_option_doesnt_work/
  8. The SEARCH option doesn't work.

in Cortana
    The SEARCH option doesn't work.: Dear Sir, I hope you can help me. From a few weeks ago the "search option" of my Windows S.O. doesn't work (neither the SEARCH BOX placed on the task bar nor the "search" option avaible when you right-click on the Windowns logo). Actions taken so far: - Windows Update...
  9. sign-in-options not working for fingerprint

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    sign-in-options not working for fingerprint: I am unable to sign-in under anything but password - which is not accepted or not valid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-options-not-working-for-fingerprint/140731c1-0822-4640-82d0-d66d79d1059b"
  10. Pin to sign in doesn't work

Pin to sign in doesn't work: I need to delete an old printer but can't get into the account created for windows when I set up the pc. A window pops up saying sign in with the pin but it doesn't work. It is not the Microsoft account because I have changed it. How can I recover this pin or change it to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign in options doesnt work

2. sign-in options not working windows 10