Windows 10: Sign-In Options Menu Won't Load

Discus and support Sign-In Options Menu Won't Load in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Good morning. I've been struggling with the annoying issue of not being able to switch back to using a PIN to log in, and found a guide that said it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Magnus616, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Magnus616 Win User

Sign-In Options Menu Won't Load

Good morning. I've been struggling with the annoying issue of not being able to switch back to using a PIN to log in, and found a guide that said it would reset the PIN option if I cancelled in the middle of creating a new PIN. I did so, and when I went into the settings to create the PIN (which had indeed been reset), I got an error message. Thinking all I needed was a reset, I restarted the computer. However, now the Sign-In Options menu won't load (the little dots just slide across the screen).

My suspicion is that I corrupted that section of my user profile, but I don't really know how to fix it without doing a full clean install.

:)

Magnus616, Jul 31, 2015

2. Sign in Options wont Open

Thanks Paol

sorry for the unclear problem statements above

Well actually, the first problem was the sign-in options tab won't load, the loading indicator (5 dots running around) just kept moving and moving to the eternity

only worked normally one time after a restart.

But, the problem didn't stop there

after I entered to sign-in options menu

the add pin button won't load, the loading indicators was just spinning around

and nothing changed even after a restart

Sign-In Options Menu Won't Load [​IMG]

Bima Satria, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Sign-in Options Infinite Load Time

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Create another account, ensure to disassociate the Microsoft account from the existing account and then associated the Microsoft account email id with the new user account to check if that helps with the PIN password.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, Jul 31, 2015
  4. hawkman Win User

Got a restore point prior to those changes??

hawkman, Jul 31, 2015
  5. nayk Win User
    I too lost my sign-in option and I've been looking for solutions. But it's interesting that perhaps there could be something corrupted in the pin option, because I too cancelled the "pin" after starting (it was taking too much time). I don't know if my lack of sign-in option is related, but it's worth considering. But sorry, no solution yet.

ps. For me, the "SFC /SCANNOW" solution does not work and "manage credentials" also does not work.

nayk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sign-In Options Menu Won't Load - Similar Threads - Sign Options Menu

2. Sign in option loading infinitely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in option loading infinitely: Hello,Several days ago, I opened my Windows 11 laptop and it asked me to change my password. I had that issue several time so I did not mind. But with that my fingerprint was not activated anymore. When I tried to change it back, I went, as usual in Settings > Acount >Sign in...
  3. Sign in option loading infinitely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in option loading infinitely: Hello,Several days ago, I opened my Windows 11 laptop and it asked me to change my password. I had that issue several time so I did not mind. But with that my fingerprint was not activated anymore. When I tried to change it back, I went, as usual in Settings > Acount >Sign in...
  4. Sign in option settings not loading

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in option settings not loading: hi I was going to change my windows password but the ''sign in option'' and ''emails and account'' settings are not loading but the ''your info '' setting is loading can you please help me...
  5. Sign in option settings not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in option settings not loading: hi I was going to change my windows password but the ''sign in option'' and ''emails and account'' settings are not loading but the ''your info '' setting is loading can you please help me...
  6. Sign in option settings not loading

7. The Sign-in options in the settings won't load.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Sign-in options in the settings won't load.: I want to put a password on my local account I am logged in to my microsoft account as well. It just keeps spinning as if it was loading, but even after hours nothing happens. Every other part of settings is accessible, except the sign in options. It's really annoying and I...
  8. The Sign-in options in the settings won't load.

The Sign-in options in the settings won't load.: I want to put a password on my local account I am logged in to my microsoft account as well. It just keeps spinning as if it was loading, but even after hours nothing happens. Every other part of settings is accessible, except the sign in options. It's really annoying and I...
  9. sign in options not loading

sign in options not loading: i am running latest update of WIN10 on a surface pro 3, and want to change my login PIN. however, in settings/accounts, when i select sign in options it never loads the ellipse travels across top of screen forever. HELP!...
  10. Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu

Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu: Despite having registered a PIN when first prompted, the option to change my PIN seems to be missing from my sign-in options. Is there a way to fix this? [ATTACH]...