Windows 10: Sign in to MS account without typing PW

Discus and support Sign in to MS account without typing PW in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Local account signs in without PW. Microsoft account prompts for one at sign in (but not from SLEEP). It appears from the following MS statement... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by borgus, Sep 21, 2016.

1. borgus Win User

Sign in to MS account without typing PW

Local account signs in without PW.
    Microsoft account prompts for one at sign in (but not from SLEEP).

It appears from the following MS statement that typing is mandatory. Is this the case, or is there a way to auto sign in?

"If you don't want to enter your password every time you sign in, you can create other sign-in options to use with your account, like a picture password or a PIN. If your PC has a fingerprint scanner, you can also sign in with a fingerprint. (Whichever sign-in option you choose, you still need a "regular" password in place to use a Microsoft account.)"

:)

borgus, Sep 21, 2016

2. signing in with my MS account to use the Feedback Hub

Hi,

I have the Windows 10 Home 64-bit anniversary update(V:1607, Build 14393.0) installed,

When I tried signing in with my MS account to use the Feedback Hub, I was redirected to "type in the Windows PW" once I signed into my MS account.

So, my questions are:
    Sign in to MS account without typing PW [​IMG]

1- If I typed my Windows PW as required, then whenever I want to sign into Windows, I will only need to sign in with MS account PW.
    2- If yes, then I can setup this settings back to use the Windows PW if I want to log into Windows.
    3- What benefits are there 'from here on out, you'll unlock this device using either the password for my MS account" after signing to this device using my MS account using Feedback Hub? Benefits would be if my notebook was lost, then I will find it. If
    my notebook was stolen, how this action would be useful?

Since I was afraid that I will not able to setup back to sign in to Windows using the Windows PW, then I only selected 'sign in to just this app instead. So, I was signed in to Feedback Hub app using my MS account.

Sign in to MS account without typing PW [​IMG]

a cooperator, Sep 21, 2016
  3. How to change my Windows 10 Login PW

Hi,

I can't figure out how to change my Windows 10 Login PW. If I go to Windows settings, it says I'm using an online MS account to sign in. That account has a different PW than the Windows 10 PW that I use every day to sign on to my laptop. If I go to sign
    in options / change your PW, it doesn't accept the Windows 10 PW I'm using to sign onto my laptop.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

RR

RichardRice1, Sep 21, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 21, 2016
  5. borgus Win User
    Thanks for that instant reply Brink.^_^
    I had just read your article (and others), but it didn't seem to do the deed. I will revisit it.

borgus, Sep 21, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you only sign out, then yeah that won't help for when you have to sign in again. It's only for at startup.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sign in to MS account without typing PW - Similar Threads - Sign account without

2. After reloading win11, MS account PW is rejected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After reloading win11, MS account PW is rejected: While reloading win 11 from an ISO download, it asked for MS account PW as part to the new install. This PC had two factor identification. The PW was good and working up until the new install, so why is it not accepting the PW now? So, I selected "forgot PW" and then it was...
  3. After reloading win11, MS account PW is rejected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After reloading win11, MS account PW is rejected: While reloading win 11 from an ISO download, it asked for MS account PW as part to the new install. This PC had two factor identification. The PW was good and working up until the new install, so why is it not accepting the PW now? So, I selected "forgot PW" and then it was...
  4. Can't sign in to ms account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in to ms account: Some hours ago I just installed windows 22h2, and after that, this been happening. This was happening in the older version 21h2 as well. I had to always reset the PC, which is bad for the health of my SSD. I'm, tired and frustrated from this buggy windows, please somebody...
  5. Can't sign in to ms account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to ms account: Some hours ago I just installed windows 22h2, and after that, this been happening. This was happening in the older version 21h2 as well. I had to always reset the PC, which is bad for the health of my SSD. I'm, tired and frustrated from this buggy windows, please somebody...
  6. Can't sign in to ms account

7. unzip a file without pw

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unzip a file without pw: ok trying to open a zipped file but its asking for a passwords but i never put a password on it so I'm confused can anyone help?Tks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unzip-a-file-without-pw/106a6e6a-9858-41eb-b793-15e5237ebaa8
  8. Transfer existing Win10 to another account without PW?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer existing Win10 to another account without PW?: Hello dear congregation, my best friend is a PC-Noob, that's why I ask (because then I have to use it) She once bought a PC together with her partner and since she is a noob in it, her partner set it up and authenticated Win10 (100% legal) on her / his account and gave her...
  9. Can't get out of S-mode without signing in to MS account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get out of S-mode without signing in to MS account?: I work partly as an it-admin at the school i work at, and a student has bought a PC and it came with Windows S-mode. This student needs some important apps that are not in the MS Store. I go to settings and find the activation, but it prompts me to sign into a MS account. All...
  10. MS To Do Sign-In Without Hello

MS To Do Sign-In Without Hello: I am trying to set up Microsoft To Do as replacement for end-of-life Wunderlist; stand-alone application i.e. not within Office 365. Windows 10 PC sign-in appears to require Hello, which I do not use. How do you sign into To Do in this environment without Hello?...