Windows 10: Sign in user missing

Discus and support Sign in user missing in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I was having some issues installing a program and to save time, I removed my admin password and made myself auto signing in first before the 2nd... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by reddwarf4ever, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Sign in user missing

I was having some issues installing a program and to save time, I removed my admin password and made myself auto signing in first before the 2nd user....

i have now now resolved the program issue, but trying to change the user sign in back has been problematic.

I manage to get the 2nd user to sign in automatically without a password, but there is now No option for me to sign in...
    when I try a function that requires admin rights it still asks for my password. If I go to user profile in control panel, when first I opened only the 2nd user is there, then when I click change another user it shows both accounts.

I tried deleting my account as there is nothing of importance, and recreated one with the same name, made no difference.....I used netplwiz to change the order and sign in requirements initially, but can't for the life of me get things back as they were.

could someone please help me

:)

reddwarf4ever, Mar 27, 2017

2. Windows Store Can't "Get" Apps w/ dialog that says "Let's get you signed in"

Try to run SFC on your PC: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Also try to use a different user profile to isolate, or try to sign out then sign in back on the same user profile.. If there's an option, try signing out on Windows Store the sign in back..

293a3c4d-30fd-4eea-9279-6d8867de5823, Mar 27, 2017
  3. Sign-in Screen Background Picture Loss When Switching User Accounts

During switching users, via Start menu account picture icon, sometimes the desired account sign-in screen background picture (set to same as Lock screen) is missing in favour of the account Accent colour. Other functionality of the sign-in screen is unaffected.
    Observed on i7 Dell XPS 15 laptop and i7 ASUS P9X79 motherboard PC with Dell U2711 monitor, running latest Win 10 version at 5 February 2017. At the sign-in screen, the missing background picture can be restored by changing the selection to another user icon
    and then re-selecting the desired user icon. Experiments changing Lock screen pictures and animation settings made no difference.

Robert Bolton, Mar 27, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User
  5. Didn't help......I have asked brink for help in that post

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Mar 27, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Did you try adding a password to trigger it

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sign in user missing

1. Sign in user missing - Similar Threads - Sign user missing

2. Missing users. can only sign in as guest account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing users. can only sign in as guest account.: I started a new job at a small business, and they no longer have an IT guy so no local support at all I am missing a user that was used for file sharing and being able to view the same excel info and what not. Currently i can only use guest and use the quickbooks downloaded...
  3. Missing users. can only sign in as guest account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing users. can only sign in as guest account.: I started a new job at a small business, and they no longer have an IT guy so no local support at all I am missing a user that was used for file sharing and being able to view the same excel info and what not. Currently i can only use guest and use the quickbooks downloaded...
  4. C:\users\%user% is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\users\%user% is missing: My "This PC .. Desktop" server path properly shows the "Desktop" location as C:\Users\%user%\Desktop. However, when I run that path thru file explorer, I can only find "C:\users\Desktop" the %user% is missing from the Users folder. When I click on "This PC .. Desktop"...
  5. C:\users\%user% is missing

C:\users\%user% is missing: My "This PC .. Desktop" server path properly shows the "Desktop" location as C:\Users\%user%\Desktop. However, when I run that path thru file explorer, I can only find "C:\users\Desktop" the %user% is missing from the Users folder. When I click on "This PC .. Desktop"...
  6. User sign out/sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User sign out/sign in: Do i need to sign out every time from one user to another? What if i keep both of them signed in? I need to sign out,only if the computer is running slow because both of em are using ram?...
  7. User sign out/sign in

User sign out/sign in: Do i need to sign out every time from one user to another? What if i keep both of them signed in? I need to sign out,only if the computer is running slow because both of em are using ram?...
  8. User Signing In

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Signing In: Hello House, Please what is the resolution to this following message that pop up at start up Any assistance will be highly appreciated. Regards. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-signing-in/8cefb4ed-f035-4dfe-91d9-250e3207ab9b
  9. MIssing user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    MIssing user: When I try to log in on my laptop I usually have 3 user options. I only ever use one and normally use fingerprint to access it. Today fingerprint option is not available and I cannot remember the pin or password. when I ask to reset them nothing happens. On accessing...
  10. Users missing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Users missing?: So i've been trying to change my username for the pc and learnt online that by going into command prompt and typing "netplwiz" opens up an option to change the username. So i changed my username to what i wanted it (the same as my computer name ; Devansh) and when i hit OK...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. missing user on signin