Windows 10: Sign In: Want to select a User Name

Discus and support Sign In: Want to select a User Name in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi. At the moment, when I start Windows 10, I have to sign in (without giving a password) to the last User that was signed in. In other words I don't... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by richard2277, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Sign In: Want to select a User Name

Hi. At the moment, when I start Windows 10, I have to sign in (without giving a password) to the last User that was signed in. In other words I don't have any options as to what User can sign in. But, when I start Windows 10, I want to be presented with a screen where I can see all the Users on my system. Then I want to be able to select which User to sign in. At the moment I'm having to log off to see this screen showing User options. Can I use secpol.msc? Thanks.

:)

richard2277, Nov 13, 2015

2. Disable sign-in screen when getting out of hibernation.

Apologies in advance. It is not possible to disable sign-in for hibernate.

This is only possible if you disable Windows 10 sign-in which I won't recommend as there would be serious security concerns.

But still if you want to do it -

Windows Key+R

Type netplwiz and Enter

Select your user name

Uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer

E for Excel, Nov 13, 2015
  3. How do I fix user name in Windows 10?

If its the User account folder located at C:\Users, you can't change, its best you create a new User account.

If its your sign in name.

Press Windows key + R

Type: control userpasswords2

Hit Enter

Select your account

Click Properties

Select the General tab then enter the user name and full name you want.

Click Apply then OK

Click Apply then OK again

Andre Da Costa, Nov 13, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Sign In: Want to select a User Name

Hello Richard, *Smile

I'm afraid that you will need to have all accounts password protected for this.

If the last user is not password protected, then since it's selected at startup, it'll automatically get signed in to. A password will stop this.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 13, 2015
Thema:

Sign In: Want to select a User Name

1. Sign In: Want to select a User Name - Similar Threads - Sign select User

2. I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".: The name of the user folder is the first 5 characters of my email. I want to change that to my name. How can I do that?I am using my Microsoft account for Windows 11.This is disturbing my work as the command prompt also shows the user name, which is the first 5 characters of...
  3. I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".: The name of the user folder is the first 5 characters of my email. I want to change that to my name. How can I do that?I am using my Microsoft account for Windows 11.This is disturbing my work as the command prompt also shows the user name, which is the first 5 characters of...
  4. Sign in to site w/ another user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in to site w/ another user name: I am attempting to sign in to Amazon.com with another user name, true key will not allow me long in. How to I bypass true key?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-to-site-w-another-user-name/cf4dfe0c-bdeb-4baf-b73c-0d5d6841221c
  5. Sign in to site w/ another user name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in to site w/ another user name: I am attempting to sign in to Amazon.com with another user name, true key will not allow me long in. How to I bypass true key?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-to-site-w-another-user-name/cf4dfe0c-bdeb-4baf-b73c-0d5d6841221c
  6. Sign in to site w/ another user name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Want to allow user to sign in but have list of names hidden

in Windows 10 Customization
    Want to allow user to sign in but have list of names hidden: Have seen a bunch of topics, comments, questions close to this question but no answer to my specific question. Seems like a no brainer to me but no one else seems to want the same thing...... I want the list of users hidden on the Windows 10 login screen, but users should...
  8. All user names not on Sign-In Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All user names not on Sign-In Screen: Split from this thread. Hi can any one help me to solve this issue with my pc. I'm using windows 10 pro. On my pc welcome screen not showing multiple user name to log in. I added users as my family members in account sitting. But user name not display on welcome screen....
  9. Remove and Replace User Name/Sign-in on Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove and Replace User Name/Sign-in on Laptop: Merry Christmas, I bought a new laptop as a gift for my dad. Initially I used my MS login info to get the computer ready. My father doesnt have the computer knowledge to do so. Now I need to remove my login data and replace it with his. Can anyone please help me figure...
  10. signing on with administrator user name & password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    signing on with administrator user name & password: always signed in with Microsoft account & password next am after upgrade to windows 10 version 1803 I had an administrator account on the opening page. I signed in with MS account. Anything I wanted to do or change went to the sign in with administrator account with...