Windows 10: my name in circle with 'sign in' appears and I have to click on that to get to my screen, why?

Discus and support my name in circle with 'sign in' appears and I have to click on that to get to my screen, why? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My computer [Win10] is on all day, and when I go to it give it a 'nudge' a beautiful picture comes up, I then click mouse and my name in circle with... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by widgetwilk, Jan 25, 2020.

1. my name in circle with 'sign in' appears and I have to click on that to get to my screen, why?

My computer [Win10] is on all day, and when I go to it give it a 'nudge' a beautiful picture comes up, I then click mouse and my name in circle with 'sign in' appears and I have to click on that to get to my screen, why??? can't I just 'nudge' and go to my screen? use to.
    Also every time I go to my browser [Firefox]
    my name in circle with 'sign in' appears and I have to click on that to get to my screen, why? [​IMG]

my name in circle with 'sign in' appears and I have to click on that to get to my screen, why? [​IMG]

sorry this looks like it is 3 times,
    click on 'default' a blue square comes up, don't know what to do in that,
    help needed again please

:)

widgetwilk, Jan 25, 2020

2. Personalization of name that appears on sign on screen on Windows 10.

Hello Lew,

We understand your requirement in this regard.

Are you talking about the name that appears with your Microsoft account?

If yes, then you can follow below mentioned steps to change or Edit the name on your Microsoft account.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.
    • Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.

• Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Get more help Get more help.

Keep posted if you require further assistance.

Thank you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 25, 2020
  3. How to change name on Sign-in screen

Hi Lynn,

The steps to change your name that appears on your sign-in screen depend on the type of the user account that you're using. If you're using a Microsoft account, here are the steps to change your name:

• Press Windows logo key + I
      buttons on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
    • Select Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser.
    • Click the Edit name link on the main page.
    • Change your name, then hit OK.

To change or edit your name for your local account, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click Start, then choose Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts twice.
    • Select the account, then click Change the account name.

Update us if it addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Quisas Win User

my name in circle with 'sign in' appears and I have to click on that to get to my screen, why?

Cortana's Inner Circle losing names!

Ion G.,

Not helpful. I'm experiencing the same issue. The inner circle is all setup, until it isn't. All the names are gone and they are back in the suggestions list.

Very annoying.

Quisas, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

my name in circle with 'sign in' appears and I have to click on that to get to my screen, why?

1. my name in circle with 'sign in' appears and I have to click on that to get to my screen, why? - Similar Threads - name circle 'sign

2. How do i get my sign in bar to appear?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get my sign in bar to appear?: My hp envy x360 laptop won't pull up the password bar to let me sign in. I've gone through and tried every option suggested through the forum, and nothing works. I'm about to put a hole through the laptop. Someone help...
  3. How do i get my sign in bar to appear?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get my sign in bar to appear?: My hp envy x360 laptop won't pull up the password bar to let me sign in. I've gone through and tried every option suggested through the forum, and nothing works. I'm about to put a hole through the laptop. Someone help...
  4. I get black circles that appear on my screen and my curser control is suddenly gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get black circles that appear on my screen and my curser control is suddenly gone.: After the last windows update, I get black circles that appear on my screen and my curser control is suddenly gone. A mouse arrow sometimes shows up in the circles. I have to shut down to escape it.What is happening? How to fix it?...
  5. I get black circles that appear on my screen and my curser control is suddenly gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get black circles that appear on my screen and my curser control is suddenly gone.: After the last windows update, I get black circles that appear on my screen and my curser control is suddenly gone. A mouse arrow sometimes shows up in the circles. I have to shut down to escape it.What is happening? How to fix it?...
  6. I get black circles that appear on my screen and my curser control is suddenly gone.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. A row of circles in my screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A row of circles in my screen: Hi.Is there someone here who experience this? Every time this row of circles appear in my screen, i have trouble in controlling the cursor. It feels like someone is controlling my laptop other than me.Would you know how can I get rid of them?I have Norton 360 actively...
  8. i have a different name on my log in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i have a different name on my log in screen: a Person named Leo D.... name shows up in my log in screen. I just bought this computer a few days ago. the time is off and everything. I have tried to contact Microsoft about this but the phone doesn't work and when I do the online thing they tell me they have detected...
  9. Why do I have to sign in every time to get my desktop ?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why do I have to sign in every time to get my desktop ?: I know your going to say it is by default. To protect me and give more security to my computer. Why don't you let me decide what security I need, if any ? Give me the choice ! Why do you presume I am to stupid to make my own choices. ?...
  10. How do I change my sign in screen name

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my sign in screen name: How do I change my sign in screen name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-sign-in-screen-name/176d068e-651e-4421-afaf-61a39362eadc