Windows 10: Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down)

Discus and support Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a number of standard window users without passwords. Sometimes when I use the sign-out option, the account is signed out but then automatically... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CaptainFlint, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down)

I have a number of standard window users without passwords. Sometimes when I use the sign-out option, the account is signed out but then automatically signs in again. Usually this only happens once but sometimes it repeats a second time.
    The accounts are local accounts. Any ideas what might be causing this and how I can prevent it from happening (apart from having passwords on the accounts)

TIA

:)

CaptainFlint, Sep 7, 2015
  2. B_Mac Win User

Windows 10 - Shutdown, but user stays logged in

The problem is that even when someone signs out, on boot it automatically goes to their desktop. However it does the hard shutdown doesn't change that. My wife will use her account. She will sign out and after signing out shut down. I have reset for
    a hard shut down rather than the default pretend shut down. Push the power button and when it boots up it automatically reloads her desktop.

The method of shutting down doesn't change anything as the problem is that it does not completely log off. When I want to go to my desktop after she uses it, I have to wait for hers to load up, then sign out and log in. It's pretty stupid. 7 had a straightforward
    system - a hard shutdown automatically logs you out for real.

Again, even if you click on the user icon and sign out, it doesn't really sign you out. That is the problem. With Office 2016 Outlook, it's the opposite. When you log in to your email, it makes you log in over and over again, and there isn't a fix there
    yet either, though they claim there will be one by next year. Not only do they keep adding mroe steps, but they don't always work.

B_Mac, Sep 7, 2015
  3. How do I choose which user account will be selected automatically on the sign-in screen?

Default behavior

On a PC with Windows 10, there are 3 user accounts: Username1, Username2, and Username3. If Username2 is the last one that signed in, then the next time the PC is turned on, Username2 is selected automatically on the sign-in screen.

Problem description

Username2 is the owner of the PC. Username2 signs in very frequently. Username1 and Username3 sign in very rarely.

After Username1 signs in, and then signs out or shuts down, Username2 has to click on the account Username2 to manually switch from Username1 to Username2 on the sign-in screen.

After Username3 signs in, and then signs out or shuts down, Username2 has to click on the account Username2 to manually switch from Username3 to Username2 on the sign-in screen.

Username2 would prefer that each time he turns on his PC, the account Username2 will be selected automatically on the sign-in screen.

Questions

Are there any settings that allow Username2 to choose that his user account will be selected on the sign-in screen each time he turns on the PC, even if Username1 or Username3 was the last user that signed in?

If yes, then where are these settings located?

Explorer_9, Sep 7, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down)

Hello CaptainFlint, *Smile

I'm afraid that the only way to stop this is to add a password to each account.

Brink, Sep 8, 2015
Thema:

Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down)

1. Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down) - Similar Threads - Signed automatically signing

2. When my computer shuts down, I want everybody that was signed in to automatically be signed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When my computer shuts down, I want everybody that was signed in to automatically be signed...: I'm using Windows 11 Home 22H2 and I want to ensure all accounts are forcibly signed out of whenever someone shuts down the pc or restarts it....
  3. When my computer shuts down, I want everybody that was signed in to automatically be signed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When my computer shuts down, I want everybody that was signed in to automatically be signed...: I'm using Windows 11 Home 22H2 and I want to ensure all accounts are forcibly signed out of whenever someone shuts down the pc or restarts it....
  4. Windows automatically signs-out instantly after signing-in on the startup page!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows automatically signs-out instantly after signing-in on the startup page!!!!: HI there,My laptop immediately signs out after signing in on the startup page. I do not have any password, as soon as I click sign-in button on the main user I only have 1 user it says welcome, and within milliseconds it says signs out, screen blacks out and I'm back again on...
  5. Windows automatically signs-out instantly after signing-in on the startup page!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows automatically signs-out instantly after signing-in on the startup page!!!!: HI there,My laptop immediately signs out after signing in on the startup page. I do not have any password, as soon as I click sign-in button on the main user I only have 1 user it says welcome, and within milliseconds it says signs out, screen blacks out and I'm back again on...
  6. Windows automatically signs-out instantly after signing-in on the startup page!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Sign Out, Shut Down, Restart doesn't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sign Out, Shut Down, Restart doesn't work: Hello, I am here to say that my windows doesn't shut down when i ask it to. Do any of you have a fix for this? Thank you for your time reading this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-out-shut-down-restart-doesnt-work/ae02e2a6-69f4-4a9c-b2b4-31c68bf20463
  8. Shut down does not sign user out first

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down does not sign user out first: Windows 10 ‘Keeps you signed-in’ test: - (Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1803, Build 17134.523 - Set up as Local Account) Test 1 - Not signed-out: 1. Sign-in as ‘Visitor’ and then ‘Shut down’ without signing out. 2. Switch back on and sign-in as ‘Another User’ then shut down again....
  9. Enable Detailed Status Messages at Shut down, Sign out, and Sign in

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable Detailed Status Messages at Shut down, Sign out, and Sign in: How to: Enable Detailed Status Messages at Shut down, Sign out, and Sign in [img] Information By default, only the default status messages are displayed to the user during the process of starting, shutting down, signing in, or signing out of Windows. If you like, you...
  10. shut down of PC without sign off of other user

in Windows 10 Support
    shut down of PC without sign off of other user: I have two user, one with admin rights and other local standards. I have set up my PC to automatically sign in local user. My question is if admin sign in without sign off of local and thus shut down the PC, a message appears that another user is already sign in and will lose...