Windows 10: Signing into accounts on power up without activating the console

Discus and support Signing into accounts on power up without activating the console in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I have several user accounts on one machine under Windows 10. I would like to re-log-into these user accounts when the machine reboots from an... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rlhess, Dec 5, 2015.

1. rlhess Win User

Signing into accounts on power up without activating the console

Hi,

I have several user accounts on one machine under Windows 10. I would like to re-log-into these user accounts when the machine reboots from an update or from an extended (longer than UPS hold-up) power failure.

I use Thunderbird and have a lot of junk filtering going on which protects my phone from most spam.

I will be moving my two sons to Dropbox and back their stuff up to my NAS units continuously rather than intermittently.

For these accounts, I want the users' accounts to boot when the machine boots so that Dropbox is making a copy to the local HDD. The NAS units take it from there (final sync method TBD).

In no instance do I want a "live" console.

After I automatically log into the accounts, I want the machine left as if I had hit "switch user" after logging into each account--several accounts active and running, but the console waiting for a login.

I have been testing this in principal where I copy images from a friend's Dropbox to her Google Drive and to my NAS units. Right now I have to manually log into the account that does this after each reboot.

I have looked around and nothing seems to address this mode. Any help is appreciated.

For my account, I also wish to start Thunderbird as well as log in. I assume just adding Thunderbird to the StartUp group will work?
    C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup (courtesy of
    How to Add Programs, Files, and Folders to System Startup in Windows )

Thanks!

Richard

P.S. I am in the process of bringing 20 machines from W7 and W8.1 to W10.
    Seven down, thirteen to go. five of the twenty are W8.1, the rest W7.

:)

rlhess, Dec 5, 2015
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Sign in issue

Hi Chayse,

Let's try to isolate the issue so that we could identify first as to why you can't sign in to your Xbox account. Can you tell us where are you trying to sign in your Xbox account? (Xbox One, Xbox 360, or Xbox app on Windows 10) Normally, if there's a known
    issue with signing in to Xbox account which affects most of our valued customers, we notify everyone through our
    Xbox Live Status page. Have you received any error messages when trying to sign in to your Xbox account?

If you're trying to sign in to Xbox One console, we recommend that you power cycle your network hardware and restart your console by performing the following steps:

• Unplug the power cable from the back of your router, modem, or gateway, and wait 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.
    • After 5 minutes, plug in the modem or gateway first and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
    • If you're using a router, plug it in and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
    • On your Xbox One console, press the Xbox button
      to open the guide.
    • Select Settings.
    • Select Restart console.
    • Select Yes to confirm.

Note If you're unable to access the guide or if the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds until the console turns
    off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.

If you're trying to sign in to an Xbox app on Windows 10, we suggest that you try signing in your account online at
    Xbox.com and select
    Sign in. If there are problems with your account, the instructions will help you solve them.

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Dec 5, 2015
  3. Blomqma Win User
    Win 10 activation

I have signed in with my MS account in order to back up the license(so currently my digital license is associated with my MS account). It did it only only as a safety measure though if there's no way to activate my Win 10 after I've replaced my mobo without
    signing in with my MS account. The only thing i need support for is that how will I be able to activate Windows with this same key after the hardware change WITHOUT MS ACCOUNT. I prefer the local account and thus I'd not like to sign in with MS.

Blomqma, Dec 5, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Simply, that can't be done. You can make Windows to sign in to one user account automatically but that's it.

Theoretically it just might be possible to set Windows automatically sign in to one user account, then using scheduled tasks switch to another user, again sign in another user with a scheduled task and finally lock the PC with a scheduled tasks which would put the machine on Welcome screen with multiple accounts signed in. However, I very much doubt this, theory and reality are two different things.

Kari, Dec 5, 2015
  5. rlhess Win User
    Thank you, Kari!

rlhess, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Signing into accounts on power up without activating the console - Similar Threads - Signing accounts power

2. lots of sign in activity on my account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lots of sign in activity on my account.: I only just found out about this now and it's been going on since the start of this year.. I'v checked the sign in activity and there are a number of unsuccessfull sign in atempts from different countrys. but I noticed that there is one on the 02/05/2023 that says it was...
  3. lots of sign in activity on my account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lots of sign in activity on my account.: I only just found out about this now and it's been going on since the start of this year.. I'v checked the sign in activity and there are a number of unsuccessfull sign in atempts from different countrys. but I noticed that there is one on the 02/05/2023 that says it was...
  4. How to sign in without a work or school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign in without a work or school account: After restring my laptop it ask for a work or school account to sign in and I don’t have one and I can’t bypass this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-in-without-a-work-or-school-account/91764a00-db2b-478c-919e-b2a2e048fbb4
  5. How to sign in without a work or school account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to sign in without a work or school account: After restring my laptop it ask for a work or school account to sign in and I don’t have one and I can’t bypass this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-in-without-a-work-or-school-account/91764a00-db2b-478c-919e-b2a2e048fbb4
  6. Account sign in screwed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account sign in screwed up: So, I got a new computer and now File Explorer doesn't show my Onedrive files. Just local files. So I tried to fix it, following directions on a forum, and I signed into a temporary local account, booted, then tried to sign in again to my Microsoft account. Now I can't sign...
  7. Microsoft account Unusual sign-in activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account Unusual sign-in activity: Hi,I received a mail from Microsoft Account team. There is no value in platform and browser. After seeing this mail, i was logged in another device and checked. There is no such activity on that time. Is it scam or any threat?please let me know is there any issues....
  8. Using my laptop without an account & sign-in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using my laptop without an account & sign-in: Hi! I've just bought a new laptop. Unfortunately, it has windows 10 not a fan, no, and it's not improving now and it forced me to create an account. My questions are: 1> how to delete the acount and use my laptop WITHOUT an account? I don't want to be logged in with I don't...
  9. Sign in without school account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in without school account: My windows 10 laptop keeps prompting me to sign in with my work or school microsoft account, but I don't have one anymore, and this is my laptop not my school's. How do I get it to stop asking me?...
  10. Sign in to MS account without typing PW

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign in to MS account without typing PW: Local account signs in without PW. Microsoft account prompts for one at sign in (but not from SLEEP). It appears from the following MS statement that typing is mandatory. Is this the case, or is there a way to auto sign in? "If you don't want to enter your password...