Windows 10: Signing on to multiple PC's with same MS Account - best practice pse

Discus and support Signing on to multiple PC's with same MS Account - best practice pse in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am working with an elderly couple who have always used the same user login and password on their two computers for convenience. They wish to stay... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ashleyg, Jun 8, 2016.

1. ashleyg Win User

Signing on to multiple PC's with same MS Account - best practice pse

I am working with an elderly couple who have always used the same user login and password on their two computers for convenience. They wish to stay with that method but with one PC at Win 8.1 and one now gone up to Win 10, I'm not sure whether we will have problems arising where the PC's are trying to Sync settings across to each other and complicating the individual customisation of each PC. eg. both are running separate copies of MS Office but then accessing the same email account via Office POP3 Outlook. *Confused

Question: What is the best practice for configuring your PC's in this scenario and what do I need to consider.
    Thanks heaps for any guidance.

(Ps. I'm thinking it would be a whole lot easier for them to have individual MS Account logins)

:)

ashleyg, Jun 8, 2016

2. Family safety in windows 10 essentially broken

It would be lovely if MS paid attention to what was being complained about.

What efisk said: "I can't give him multiple accounts unless I create multiple dummy email accounts to back them."

MS response: A link to a page that states basically the same thing.

In the rush to the sexy cloud, MS want to use any excuse to force us to use MS account to sign in to our own PC.

GregWithnail, Jun 8, 2016
  3. goldtop1 Win User
    N82 - deleting all data

how can I delete all data, eg contacts, calendar and notes, from my nokia n82 pse?

I find that when I synchronise with my pc and laptop I get multiple copies of each contact. I reckon the best thing is to delete all data and start again.

goldtop1, Jun 8, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

There won't be any issues with them using the same MS account for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

Or just turn off account syncing:

Signing on to multiple PC's with same MS Account - best practice pse [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jun 8, 2016
  5. ashleyg Win User
    Thanks NavyLCDR - good to know. I will disable that Account Synching option on both machines just to be sure.

ashleyg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Signing on to multiple PC's with same MS Account - best practice pse - Similar Threads - Signing multiple PC's

2. Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices: Hi,Where can I find a list of best practice settings for Defender for Endpoint agent settings as defined by Group Policy?I am currently reviewing the settings my org uses, and would also like to know if I have missed any settings too.Best regards,Dan...
  3. OneDrive best practice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive best practice: Previously, I could not use OneDrive and was using SyncToy. Now I can use OneDrive but getting it set up is the problem. I have over 100GB to transfer but to this point I haven't been able to get 1GB out of a 10GB folder. I'm using LAN, not wireless and have a fiber optic...
  4. OneDrive best practice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive best practice: Previously, I could not use OneDrive and was using SyncToy. Now I can use OneDrive but getting it set up is the problem. I have over 100GB to transfer but to this point I haven't been able to get 1GB out of a 10GB folder. I'm using LAN, not wireless and have a fiber optic...
  5. Multiple Work Accounts Best Practice?

Multiple Work Accounts Best Practice?: We have business partners that use a certificate credential to access resources in our Tennent SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Access linked to SharePoint data, etc.. Resources are automatically shared though their valid certificate and group membership without having to...
  6. Multiple Work Accounts Best Practice?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Work Accounts Best Practice?: We have business partners that use a certificate credential to access resources in our Tennent SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Access linked to SharePoint data, etc.. Resources are automatically shared though their valid certificate and group membership without having to...
  7. Multiple Work Accounts Best Practice?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Gamepass for multiple accounts in the same PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamepass for multiple accounts in the same PC: Hello I've subscribed to the Gamepass ultimate service to play games on my PC, and I'd like to share these games with the accounts of my children. Every time that they want to play something on my PC they need to login into my account and change the XBOX profile to their...
  9. Windows Multiple users snycing on same MS account

Windows Multiple users snycing on same MS account: Hello, I searched for a while and didn't find any results .. So my question is: Is it somehow possible to snyc 2 devices seperately with OneDrive Desktop, Documents etc on the same Microsoft account ? My issue is that I don't want all of my settings, desktop etc from my...
  10. Best Practices for Regular PC Maintenance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best Practices for Regular PC Maintenance: I'm surprised there's not a sticky for this, but can anyone recommend any software or a checklist to clean up junk on a PC on a regular basis besides cookies and cache? I'm referring to things like registry and defrag. I also feel like there's space and/or resources being...