Windows 10: signing on with a temporary key

Discus and support signing on with a temporary key in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Since the upgrade to 10240 I have a couple of instances where I get the message on boot "signing on with a temporary key". 10 loads with standard... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by besb, Jul 15, 2015.

1. besb Win User

signing on with a temporary key

Since the upgrade to 10240 I have a couple of instances where I get the message on boot
    "signing on with a temporary key".
    10 loads with standard desktop background not mine.
    Checking network activity I can see some uploads and downloads
    including a couple of updates when finished asks for reboot.
    Reboot all back to my system with request for password and then loads my system settings desktop etc.
    Is this the effect of update push.
    Anybody else seeing this type of activity, if not any suggestions.

:)

2. Windows 10 signing in with a temporary profile

I am searching for a solution to this same problem on my computer.

I regularly use my profile on my Windows 10 PC and have a second profile for my wife who accesses her profile only occasionally - she has an Apple computer, also.

I have not noticed any problem accessing my profile, but yesterday when my wife tried to access her profile after an absence of over 1 week she got the temporary profile with none of her files visable. I restarted the computer and found the same temporary
    profile for her along with the icon telling me that it was a temporary profile and that all files would be deleted when closing that profile.

How can I get Windows 10 to recognize my wife's profile?

JerryCookXS, Jul 15, 2015
  3. Windows 10 signing in with a temporary profile

I bought a new HP desktop with Windows 10 already installed.

All good until 2 weeks ago when I get the message You've been signed in with a temporary profile

I cannot access my files and have wasted a whole day trying all the suggested fixes. This is ridiculous. Sort it out please

henrietta_44, Jul 15, 2015
Thema:

signing on with a temporary key

1. signing on with a temporary key - Similar Threads - signing temporary key

2. Temporary sign in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary sign in.: Hi Everyone,We have a server signed for multiple users in our company, I used RDS for while for it the remove it for some issues we faced, now we back to sign using usual and direct Remote Desktop, but all the users are signed with temporary user every time, how can I fix...
  3. Temporary sign in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary sign in.: Hi Everyone,We have a server signed for multiple users in our company, I used RDS for while for it the remove it for some issues we faced, now we back to sign using usual and direct Remote Desktop, but all the users are signed with temporary user every time, how can I fix...
  4. Signing-in to a Temporary Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing-in to a Temporary Account: Hello. I have been signed off from my main account and was signed in to a temporary account. I have tried restarting my laptop and following some of the solutions you have provided yet the problem still exists. Now, I have followed a Youtube tutorial on how to fix the problem...
  5. Signing with temporary account.

Signing with temporary account.: After update Microsoft is signing with temporary account and on restart data on desktop is removed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-with-temporary-account/d175bc27-8f14-43a3-9e23-8220aa03ce1f
  6. Sign out of temporary profile

Sign out of temporary profile: While Windows 10 HOME edition is starting I get "Preparing Windows", which I had never received before. Once I log in I get: We can't sign in to your account. This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. If you don't sign out now,...
  7. Signed with temporary profile

Signed with temporary profile: i receive the blue banner for sign out , because i dont know why my pc start with sign with a temporary profile , and , again and again , window 10 64 bits update 2004. How i resolve it ???...
  8. Signed in with temporary account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Signed in with temporary account: Yesterday got logged in with temporary profile, posted several questions on here already. Couldn't seem to fix it so made new email and Microsoft account. I didn't make it as a local user though. My question now is how do I delete my old user account & files as well as the...
  9. Sign in temporary account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign in temporary account: When i install quick heal Antivirus before this i have NPAV when i install quick heal they ask me to remove npav so i uninstall the npav but after that ..when the laptop is restart message box appears it shows " we cant sign into your account" after that i restart many...
  10. Signing in with Temporary Profile

Signing in with Temporary Profile: I just purchased a Surface Laptop 2 and was working perfectly fine for the first week and now every time that I sign in it tells me there was a problem with logging me in and says I need to sign out and sign back in. When I do that I just continue to get the same message....