Windows 10: Silly question I know - but

Discus and support Silly question I know - but in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can anybody get Windows 10 Backup & Restore to work, I mean actually restore an image back to their HDD? 43526 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gwladok5, Mar 8, 2016.

1. gwladok5 Win User

Silly question I know - but

Can anybody get Windows 10 Backup & Restore to work, I mean actually restore an image back to their HDD?

:)

gwladok5, Mar 8, 2016
  2. CJLim Win User

Silly Question I know but......

Unfortunately, all preinstalled Nokia tones are copyright and cannot be transferred.

CJLim, Mar 8, 2016
  3. paulsmad Win User
    Silly Question I know but......

Silly Question I know but does anybody know how to transfer the message tone 6 acc from my N95 to my N96?

I can think of how to do it?

Thanks Guys

paulsmad, Mar 8, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Definitely ....... yes.
    Did that since Windows 7 and been doing that 1st day of Windows 10 Technical Preview and now Win 10 RTM.

In fact it has had saved me several times when I needed to restore the system.
    But I use an external hard drive to save the image backup.

davidhk, Mar 8, 2016
  5. WHS
    whs Win User
  6. gwladok5 Win User
    Thanks davidhk, there seems to be plenty of internet comments regarding Windows10 not finding any external HDD's?

gwladok5, Mar 8, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Well, that never happens to me and I do system image backup regularly, about once a month or after heavy updates.

davidhk, Mar 8, 2016
  8. ramram55 Win User

Yes, Macrium is the bible of clone to me, it does good with backups, it is a matter of buying few bucks worth of external drive adapter or enclosure and it will not fail you. What anti virus ? any time some thing is not right, just use the backup and you are in business. Make sure your clone regularly.

ramram55, Mar 8, 2016
  9. gwladok5 Win User
    Have done another backup just. Rebooted with Windows installation disc & tried repair. Cannot find image on this computer. Gone to restore files (advanced) select the backup you want to restore files from, refresh finds nothing. I now have Acronis 2015 which does the job, but its so irritating when you can't get something to work!!

gwladok5, Mar 8, 2016
  10. ramram55 Win User
    stick with macrium you will be alright.

ramram55, Mar 8, 2016
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
    The Windows imaging is pretty messy. That's a known fact.

Thema:

1. Silly question I know - but - Similar Threads - Silly question

2. Silly Question in Regard to Closing Conhost.exe Main Question at the Bottom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Silly Question in Regard to Closing Conhost.exe Main Question at the Bottom: I typically have 2 instances of Conhost running at all times, 1 for System, and 1 for User; after updating Office 365, I saw that the extra Conhost and extra ClickToRun's it had created weren't going away even after 40 minutesso I closed the extra C2R processes but I didn't...
  3. Silly Question in Regard to Closing Conhost.exe Main Question at the Bottom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silly Question in Regard to Closing Conhost.exe Main Question at the Bottom: I typically have 2 instances of Conhost running at all times, 1 for System, and 1 for User; after updating Office 365, I saw that the extra Conhost and extra ClickToRun's it had created weren't going away even after 40 minutesso I closed the extra C2R processes but I didn't...
  4. Silly Question in Regard to Closing Conhost.exe Main Question at the Bottom

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. hi i have a maybye silly question but will ther be intel xeon x5660 support on windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi i have a maybye silly question but will ther be intel xeon x5660 support on windows 11 ?: I have workstaishion with two processors 12 core and tpm 1.4 or 1.6 not sure and speed 2.88ghz max 3.1 with bios unlock boost processor a little bit i had win 11 bypass check but i want to know if there will be xeon x series support by time because i dont want to do that riot...
  6. hi i have a maybye silly question but will ther be intel xeon x5660 support on windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hi i have a maybye silly question but will ther be intel xeon x5660 support on windows 11 ?: I have workstaishion with two processors 12 core and tpm 1.4 or 1.6 not sure and speed 2.88ghz max 3.1 with bios unlock boost processor a little bit i had win 11 bypass check but i want to know if there will be xeon x series support by time because i dont want to do that riot...
  7. Not ashamed to ask a silly question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not ashamed to ask a silly question: I was doing a backup of my files - several of which were skipped. I would like ALL of my files, but then I was presented with a "notepad" enumerating omitted files- I confess that I have NO clue, never had a clue what this "NOTEPAD" is - what is its function and how is it...
  8. System32 open upon log off? Might be a silly question but should I be concerned?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System32 open upon log off? Might be a silly question but should I be concerned?: My game crashed, and attempting to open task manager only took me back to the crashed game screen, so I chose sign out instead. Upon checking if I still wanted to sign out because other programs were running, the system32 folder was listed as open in my file browser, but I...
  9. silly question about windows memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    silly question about windows memory: The other day my computer told me I was low on memory. I checked C: drive and it was like 100MB free. I rebooted and there were 10GB free. Then I used Firefox for awhile and it was down to 100MB free. I'm not downloading anything. Why does the harddrive disk space get used up...
  10. Probably a silly question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Probably a silly question: So, I actually really like the landscape shots that are used for the login screen, and the bits of information like where the picture was taken. Is there any app, or way have the same thing show on my background after logging in? submitted by /u/KitKurogami93 [link]...