Windows 10: Silverlight already installed?!

Discus and support Silverlight already installed?! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to run a webpage that uses Silverlight FreeStockCharts.com - Web's Best Streaming Realtime Stock Charts - Free . When I do it informs me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GreatWhiteNorth, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Silverlight already installed?!

I'm trying to run a webpage that uses Silverlight FreeStockCharts.com - Web's Best Streaming Realtime Stock Charts - Free . When I do it informs me that this page requires Silverlight - and suggests that I download it. When I download it & attempt to install it - I'm informed that Silverlight is already installed!

I'm confused?

:)

GreatWhiteNorth, Aug 27, 2015

2. Silverlight not working after March 15 2017 update

After last night's update, Silverlight is not being recognized on my computer.

I went to use a work based website that uses silverlight, and it redirected me to the silverlight download site. I went to download the new version and was told that versions is already on my computer. I uninstalled and reinstalled silverlight 3 times. the
    website still acts as if silverlight is not on my computer. I went to the silverlight website to see if I had the same problem on their page, and the I still was told that I did not have silverlight on my system. I used the tool to remove a possible corrupted
    version and then reinstalled silverlight, and it is still not working.

ZacharyMaichuk, Aug 27, 2015
  3. yka37 Win User
    Asked to install Silverlight when it is already installed in Microsoft Edge

Original Title: Silverlight

Hi,

May I know why when I access certain website using Microsoft edge it always ask me to install Silverlight instead I already have the Silverlight been installed early. pls advice.

Even I try to install again the Silverlight and browser the website, it still ask me to install Silverlight. pls advice.

thank you and have a nice day.

yka37, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Silverlight already installed?!

If I remember correctly, Silverlight is dead. Microsoft has already announced EOL for Silverlight and it only fixes bugs up to then. Since this happened before Windows 10 got released, it is likely that Silverlight does not work on Windows 10. I do not have it on the PC and Windows Update, through which Silverlight has previously been released, also does not offer it to me.

Joergi, Aug 28, 2015
  5. ARYLIOA Win User
    Not so according to Hotmail/Outlook, at least. And Microsoft doesn't seem to think so but it can apparently be badly screwed up.

All three of my Windows 10 computers showed that Silverlight was installed. On two of them when I tried to open pictures as slide shows in Hotmail they worked fine. On one, same updates to Windows 10, same day for that matter, and all running the same installed software, I was told I must install Silverlight. When I tried, it seemed to install, and gave no messages except that I might need to refresh the web page. When I did, the exact same process repeated. Heck, after 3 tries at installing it, I figured even Microsoft could get it done. Wrong!

I checked (Settings > System > Apps & features) and, sure enough, Silverlight was installed. But the installed date was 08/11 and today is 09/01. I checked my Firefox add-ons (that is another story concerning Edge, but I digress) and on the two that worked, Silverlight was there. A Firefox search for it on the non-working machine could not even find it.

This seems to be the fix. Uninstall Silverlight and reinstall it. Firefox immediately added it to its add-ons and the slide shows worked. The OP at least got a message that made sense, I got none. But I bet if he uninstalls the copy of Silverlight that is there and then reinstalls it, he will be back in business.

ARYLIOA, Aug 31, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    I had a windows update for it a few days ago.

Gary, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Silverlight already installed?!

1. Silverlight already installed?! - Similar Threads - Silverlight already installed

2. Microsoft Silverlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Silverlight: Microsoft Silverlight https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft/2a1e799c-d783-457a-9b0d-0b34597cde3d
  3. Silverlight Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Silverlight Security: Hi, Fyi, currently we're still using Silverlight as plugin to access to our legacy system. But, is it currently safe to use Silverlight since its will end of Support this Oct 2021? Is it the Silverlight have vulnerabilities issue reported in 2020 or 2021? I just want to get...
  4. silverlight

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    silverlight: I am doing an online class but the website for my class says I need silverlight for the program, but when I try to install it, i keep getting the message that my browser does not support it. What can I do?...
  5. Microsoft Silverlight

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Silverlight: I am trying to find and install Microsoft Silverlight. I keep getting different things to try, the last which was in Registry delete all references to Arcade. However I can't find Registry to edit it!! Can you direct me to the right place??...
  6. I'am unable to install microsoft silverlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'am unable to install microsoft silverlight: Please, give me a call 678-643-3364 concerning installing Microsoft Silverlight. Ronnie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iam-unable-to-install-microsoft-silverlight/72052d04-f1e8-4f65-aca5-bd96f57a209c
  7. Silverlight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Silverlight: Do I need to have Silverlight on my P C anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silverlight/a7762173-2070-4e12-be26-338f9a1c614c
  8. Microsoft Silverlight

Microsoft Silverlight: I just wonder why Microsoft requires to install Microsoft Silverlight on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-silverlight/4a14d36a-5a2e-4f7b-8a39-7509eb096a10
  9. unable to install silverlight KB4023307

unable to install silverlight KB4023307: Please can someone help, im unable to install microfsoft sliverlight (KB4023307) (183) Last time it tried to install but failed was a few days ago not sure if this means anything but after date of installation attempt it has these numbers: 0x80240034 Ive tried looking on...
  10. Silverlight Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silverlight Question: New computer with Windows 10 wants to update Silverlight. I am not familiar with this program so I ran a search but the explanation is still "Greek" to me. What is Silverlight and do I need it or need to update it? Thanks. 38520