Windows 10: Silverlight Question

Discus and support Silverlight Question in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; New computer with Windows 10 wants to update Silverlight. I am not familiar with this program so I ran a search but the explanation is still "Greek" to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bagiocop, Jan 24, 2016.

1. bagiocop Win User

Silverlight Question

New computer with Windows 10 wants to update Silverlight. I am not familiar with this program so I ran a search but the explanation is still "Greek" to me. What is Silverlight and do I need it or need to update it? Thanks.

:)

bagiocop, Jan 24, 2016

2. latest silverlight update disables windows defender

Just a quick question: For what do you need Silverlight? I, personally, always hide the Silverlight updates since I never ran into a situation where I really, really would have needed Silverlight...

Jsssssssss, Jan 24, 2016
  3. Corrupt Silverlight

I have found plenty of instructions about how to uninstall and reinstall Silverlight but my question is, "Why does Silverlight constantly seem to become corrupt?". We use this as a necessary component of our online system and we get messages from users
    weekly with reports of Silverlight errors which seem to only be resolved by uninstalling and installing Silverlight. We do not do anything TO Silverlight so why does it corrupt?

Chris Grey, Jan 24, 2016
  4. JohnC Win User

Silverlight Question

Silverlight is a Microsoft program. It is like adobe flash. It is fine to update it.

JohnC, Jan 24, 2016
  5. bagiocop Win User
    Thanks John.

bagiocop, Jan 24, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    If your plan is to use Edge as your default browser, I'd recommend that you do NOT install Silverlight. Edge is not going to support Silverlight. They are not going to play well with each other.

If you are using IE11 as default, then by all means install Silverlight.

davidhk, Jan 24, 2016
  7. bagiocop Win User
    Thanks for the info. I use Chrome. This Windows 10 stuff is too complicated.

bagiocop, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Silverlight Question

1. Silverlight Question - Similar Threads - Silverlight Question

2. Microsoft Silverlight won't download. Keep clicking on it and nothing. Kindly advise. I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Silverlight won't download. Keep clicking on it and nothing. Kindly advise. I...: Microsoft Silverlight won't download. Keep clicking on it and nothing. Kindly advise. I need to upload urgent docs. to the DOB website. Thank you....
  3. Microsoft Silverlight won't download. Keep clicking on it and nothing. Kindly advise. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Silverlight won't download. Keep clicking on it and nothing. Kindly advise. I...: Microsoft Silverlight won't download. Keep clicking on it and nothing. Kindly advise. I need to upload urgent docs. to the DOB website. Thank you....
  4. Microsoft Silverlight won't download. Keep clicking on it and nothing. Kindly advise. I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Silverlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Silverlight: Microsoft Silverlight https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft/2a1e799c-d783-457a-9b0d-0b34597cde3d
  6. Microsoft Silverlight

Microsoft Silverlight: Microsoft Silverlight https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft/2a1e799c-d783-457a-9b0d-0b34597cde3d
  7. how download silverlight either for mac or windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how download silverlight either for mac or windows: had silverlight for years now it stopped working tried to download it inti windows or mac for the whole day unsuccessfully https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-download-silverlight-either-for-mac-or-windows/5a5e2ca3-dd11-427d-a0b5-468410fd7d8a
  8. how download silverlight either for mac or windows

how download silverlight either for mac or windows: had silverlight for years now it stopped working tried to download it inti windows or mac for the whole day unsuccessfully https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-download-silverlight-either-for-mac-or-windows/5a5e2ca3-dd11-427d-a0b5-468410fd7d8a
  9. REVO UNINSTALLER UNINSTALLED MICROSOFT SILVERLIGHT BUT THEN FOUND OVER 47,000 LEFTOVER...

REVO UNINSTALLER UNINSTALLED MICROSOFT SILVERLIGHT BUT THEN FOUND OVER 47,000 LEFTOVER...: SILVERLIGHT UNINSTALLED USING REVO UNINSTALLER SO IT COULD FIND ANY LEFTOVER FILES - OVER 47,000 FOUND - DO I DELETE THEM WITH REVO ?SCREENSHOTS OF SOME OF THE FILES ATTACHEDHello All,I need help urgently please - I need to try and get answers to this before I have to turn...
  10. a question about microsoft silverlight

a question about microsoft silverlight: i noticed my pc didnt have this installed. and i just installed it. is it nessesary?*Huh 63280