Windows 10: Silverlight update problems and old version won't uninstall

Discus and support Silverlight update problems and old version won't uninstall in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I "upgraded" from 7 to 10 a few weeks ago, and since then have been getting errors saying that Silverlight updates are failing. So I researched it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MamaBear, Aug 8, 2016.

1. MamaBear Win User

Silverlight update problems and old version won't uninstall

I "upgraded" from 7 to 10 a few weeks ago, and since then have been getting errors saying that Silverlight updates are failing. So I researched it on the web and tried uninstalling the old Silverlight manually using Control Panel, while downloading the latest to replace it afterwards. But the old one, dated April of this year, will not uninstall. It tells me that the uninstaller does not have sufficient privileges to uninstall it. WTF?!

:)

MamaBear, Aug 8, 2016

2. WINDOWS 10 PHOTO APP CONSTANTLY CLOSES, CRASHES

Uninstall Microsoft Silverlight. I just traced that to be the problem with the Photo App crashing. A recent update to Silverlight started the problem. After uninstalling Silverlight completely and then updating the Photo App from the Store, all seems
    well.

I did a restore from two days ago and then after the Silverlight update the problem started again. So then I restored from the previous day and uninstalled Silverlight. That created the problem again but then updating the Photo App from the Store fixed
    the problem.

There's no need to have Silverlight installed. It's worthless.

mplsdude554, Aug 8, 2016
  3. My Widows-10 Photo App won't open anymore

Uninstall Microsoft Silverlight if you have it. I just traced that to be the problem with the Photo App crashing. A recent update to Silverlight started the problem. After uninstalling Silverlight completely and then updating the Photo App from the Store,
    all seems well.

I did a restore from two days ago and then after the Silverlight update the problem started again. So then I restored from the previous day and uninstalled Silverlight. That created the problem again but then updating the Photo App from the Store fixed
    the problem.

There's no need to have Silverlight installed. It's worthless.

mplsdude554, Aug 8, 2016
  4. MamaBear Win User

Oh, I found it. It seems that you have to close ALL browsers, before it will let you UNINSTALL Silverlight. So I managed to uninstall and install the latest.

MamaBear, Aug 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Silverlight update problems and old version won't uninstall - Similar Threads - Silverlight update problems

2. REVO UNINSTALLER UNINSTALLED MICROSOFT SILVERLIGHT BUT THEN FOUND OVER 47,000 LEFTOVER...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REVO UNINSTALLER UNINSTALLED MICROSOFT SILVERLIGHT BUT THEN FOUND OVER 47,000 LEFTOVER...: SILVERLIGHT UNINSTALLED USING REVO UNINSTALLER SO IT COULD FIND ANY LEFTOVER FILES - OVER 47,000 FOUND - DO I DELETE THEM WITH REVO ?SCREENSHOTS OF SOME OF THE FILES ATTACHEDHello All,I need help urgently please - I need to try and get answers to this before I have to turn...
  3. Silverlight SDK uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Silverlight SDK uninstall: Hi,We have Silverlight in couple of computers and we want to uninstall it. I used a script that would uninstall Silverlight but it seems to me that Silverlight is not uninstalling SDK version 4 and 5.$SoftwareName = "Silverlight" $ItemProperties = Get-ItemProperty...
  4. Silverlight SDK uninstall

Silverlight SDK uninstall: Hi,We have Silverlight in couple of computers and we want to uninstall it. I used a script that would uninstall Silverlight but it seems to me that Silverlight is not uninstalling SDK version 4 and 5.$SoftwareName = "Silverlight" $ItemProperties = Get-ItemProperty...
  5. Silverlight SDK uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Silverlight won't update, won't uninstall, what next?

Silverlight won't update, won't uninstall, what next?: It seems this is not a new issue, but it is to me. This relates to a Windows 10 Pro v1903 installation on a not so young Lenovo Thinkpad. Windows Update reports failure to install an update to Silverlight KB4481252 and returns error code 0x80070643. Ran the Troubleshooter,...
  7. Delete ALL Microsoft C++ - old versions won't uninstall or repair - Newest version can't...

Delete ALL Microsoft C++ - old versions won't uninstall or repair - Newest version can't...: This is sad. Many people have multiple versions of Microsoft Redistribution of C++ Then, we get a new critical security software that requires Microsoft C++ to work. It fails installing because of a Previous Version. But, Microsoft Add/Remove won't uninstall the old...
  8. Silverlight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Silverlight: Do I need to have Silverlight on my P C anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silverlight/a7762173-2070-4e12-be26-338f9a1c614c
  9. Silverlight Update KB4023307

Silverlight Update KB4023307: I've been trying to install this update for an awful long time, months I think. It just won't do it. My updater works. Other updates have gone through as recently as yesterday. I have Win 10. I can't even figure out why it's on my computer I the first place. I don't...
  10. Old Printer Driver Won't Uninstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old Printer Driver Won't Uninstall: Hey guys, so every time I've been restarting my computer for the last few months after updating to windows 10, there is an old HP Printer driver that has been trying to update. However, it has never done so successfully and it adds an extra 10-15 minutes to my restart time...