Windows 10: simplant - Save file to c:

Discus and support simplant - Save file to c: in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a software called simplant that for activation it saves a key in the form of a text file to c: I tried everything from take ownership to disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tiagomiguel, Jan 29, 2016.

1. simplant - Save file to c:

I have a software called simplant that for activation it saves a key in the form of a text file to c: I tried everything from take ownership to disable UAC and I can't get the key to activate the software. If I install windows 8 it works imeddiatelly on windows i have been trying for days.

:)

tiagomiguel, Jan 29, 2016

2. Trying to Save a Java File onto My OS (Csimplant - Save file to c: :) Drive

Okay so I downloaded this simple text editor called Notepad++ and wrote a simple code that I was trying to save as onto my OS (Csimplant - Save file to c: :)drive,
    but the system then brought up a message along the lines of:

C:\ExampleProgram.java

You don't have permission to save in this location.

Contact the administrator to obtain permission.

Would you like to save in the Documents folder instead?

So I tried to look at other forums and I came across this method that seemed useful and so I tried giving my user on my computer full control on the properties location on the OS (Csimplant - Save file to c: :) drive, and then I tried to see if I can save
    it again onto the drive but then it showed a new message:

C:\ExampleProgram.java

A required privilege is not held by the client.

So basically I am pretty lost as to what I'm supposed to do to be able to save my file onto that drive. Hopefully someone can answer this question for me, thanks.

P.S. It would be nice if I got a fast reply I really need to compile and run the java file soon.

PatriciaLuc, Jan 29, 2016
  3. Windows 10, cannot save a text file to the C:\ folder, access denied

Another MS reply which does NOT provide an answer. This issue exists on many computers so one would have to presume that there
    is an issue and MS need to provide an ANSWER that works-around the issue or release a FIX.

I guess once again MS's customers will have to wait till one of us users finds a fix and publishes it.

A work-around that i used was to run Notepad as Administrator and copy in the info i wanted into the document and save the file in C:\.

Sometimes the file would let me make changes and re-save and some times not. Getting full security permission still did not allow me to do what i wanted.

Interestingly, my W10 is a brand new install with the latest Windows update version (Anniversary??). Previous W10 i was using was an upgrade from W7 and i had none of this BS.

UAC is turned off and i am constantly getting flags that i do not have rights to do things but when i allow, it does it.

Then, if i run W10 as Administrator, i then find out that a number of my programs will not run in Administrator mode. **** has MS done?

Not happy Jan.

SomeOne_learning_always, Jan 29, 2016
Thema:

simplant - Save file to c:

1. simplant - Save file to c: - Similar Threads - simplant Save file

2. C drive is in full even no apps or files saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive is in full even no apps or files saved: My C drive almost full but I dont have enough files and programs installed. I have 512GB storage and I dont know why it is showing full. I check on my explorer and I dont see anything. Where I can find this file or program consuming my storage. I run disk clean up no changes...
  3. C drive is in full even no apps or files saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive is in full even no apps or files saved: My C drive almost full but I dont have enough files and programs installed. I have 512GB storage and I dont know why it is showing full. I check on my explorer and I dont see anything. Where I can find this file or program consuming my storage. I run disk clean up no changes...
  4. C drive is in full even no apps or files saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot Save Files to the C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Save Files to the C Drive: I have changed my permissions to full and ensured that I am a Administrator, but I still cannot save a csv file to the C drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-save-files-to-the-c-drive/e3c88010-6f73-49cc-a4f2-db7e820e11dc
  6. Cannot Save Files to the C Drive

Cannot Save Files to the C Drive: I have changed my permissions to full and ensured that I am a Administrator, but I still cannot save a csv file to the C drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-save-files-to-the-c-drive/e3c88010-6f73-49cc-a4f2-db7e820e11dc
  7. Doesn't allow me to save files in c drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Doesn't allow me to save files in c drive: Recently I got a computer and had an nvme drive installed. There were oddaties, I had one big file which I preferred if it didn't change it's location so they had to split drives and so on and so forths anyways I'm trying to save a file in c but I'm getting a prompt saying...
  8. Unable to save files in C Drive as an administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to save files in C Drive as an administrator: Hi, so whenever I install a new programme on my computer, I cannot save it directly to C drive, for example, C:\Program Files. I will receive the following error message: "C:\Program Files\Application_name You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the...
  9. Cannot save an excel file to any location on C:

Cannot save an excel file to any location on C:: W10 18362.449 Office 2016. I can open a excel file that sits on my desktop, change something and Excel will not allow me to Save As or Save it back to its original position or any other location on the C: Can save to another drive without issue. Had this problem before and...
  10. Can't save file in C:\ root directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save file in C:\ root directory: I want to save files in my C:\ root directory of my boot drive and get an error that "Required privilege is not held by the client". I am the sole user/administrator of this system. I went into C:, properties, security, and enabled permissions for everything and everyone....