Windows 10: Simple Dynamic Volume Displayed as Two With Same Letter After Extend

Discus and support Simple Dynamic Volume Displayed as Two With Same Letter After Extend in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] Is there any way to merge the two "K" volumes / partitions into one? Disk 0 originally looked like Disk 1 (they're broken mirrors actually,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by teebone, May 12, 2018.

1. teebone Win User

Simple Dynamic Volume Displayed as Two With Same Letter After Extend

Simple Dynamic Volume Displayed as Two With Same Letter After Extend [​IMG]

Is there any way to merge the two "K" volumes / partitions into one?
    Disk 0 originally looked like Disk 1 (they're broken mirrors actually, with Disk 1 left unperturbed).
    I wanted to move my data off the C:\ partition and onto a new K:\ partition.
    So, I resized C:\, created a K:\ partition for data away from the OS partition, and then moved some data over. I couldn't move all the data at once because there wasn't enough space in the new K:\ partition. But, I moved about half of it over to K:\ from C:\. Then, I shrank the C:\ volume again. Then, I extended the K:\ volume to take up the newly unallocated space and was planning on moving the rest of the data from C:\ over, but then I noticed this weird partition structure with the 2 simple K volumes. Any ideas what happened here or how to clean up the 2 K's into one? Thank you.

:)

teebone, May 12, 2018

2. no audio on extended display

We would like to know more information from your end to know what is the next possible step that we can offer for you to resolve your issue.

• Were you able to get an audio on your extended display before? Or is this the first time that you will set up an extended display with your computer?
    • Aside from the HDMI cable, have you tried using VGA cable instead to connect to your extended display?
    • Can you verify if you have any audio on your speakers if you are not connected to the extended display?

We look forward to your reply.

Jarius Tol, May 23, 2018
  3. How to extend C partition

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please to inform you that you need to have an “unallocated disk space” to the right of the Partition\Volume you wish to extend on the same drive. Only when “unallocated disk space” is available “extend” option is highlighted.

I suggest you to try these steps and check if they helps.

Step1: Press Windows + R and Diskmgmt.msc and try the following

a. Right click the basic volume want to extend.

b. Click extend volume.

c. Follow the instruction on the screen.

Step2: Open a command prompt and type diskpart.

At the DISKPART prompt, type list volume. Make note of the basic volume you want to extend.

At the DISKPART prompt, type select volume <volumenumber>. This selects the basic volume volumenumber that you want to extend into contiguous, empty space on the same disk.

At the DISKPART prompt, type extend [size=<size>]. This extends the selected volume by size megabytes (MB).

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, May 23, 2018
Thema:

Simple Dynamic Volume Displayed as Two With Same Letter After Extend

1. Simple Dynamic Volume Displayed as Two With Same Letter After Extend - Similar Threads - Simple Dynamic Volume

2. Primary Disk Partition Can't extend without making it a Simple Volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Primary Disk Partition Can't extend without making it a Simple Volume: I have made a question before on how to change the Simple Volume back into a Primary Partition and they said I had to format which I did and it is now a Primary Partition but I want to remove that empty space and join it with the 1.6 TB partition but when I do so I get this...
  3. Problems extending displays to two monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems extending displays to two monitors: Hi all,I have a desktop PC that is running Windows 10. I am trying to extend the displays so that my desktop can be shared between my normal monitor and an HDTV. I have ensured that I have the correct cabling, and until about a week ago the displays were extending as...
  4. Problems extending displays to two monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems extending displays to two monitors: Hi all,I have a desktop PC that is running Windows 10. I am trying to extend the displays so that my desktop can be shared between my normal monitor and an HDTV. I have ensured that I have the correct cabling, and until about a week ago the displays were extending as...
  5. Problems extending displays to two monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Extend and Mirror Displays at the Same Time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extend and Mirror Displays at the Same Time?: Is it possible in Windows 10 to extend and mirror displays at the same time. Here's what I'm trying to accomplish: mirror laptop screen to external display 1 extend laptop screen to external display 2 Is this possible or am I stuck either mirroring or extending but not...
  7. How to extend Disk Volume without converting it to Dynamic Disk?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to extend Disk Volume without converting it to Dynamic Disk?: So my D drive(Storage Drive, OS is installed on C) has 100 GB of unallocated space which I would like to merge with my main partition that has 831 GB. But when I try to do so using the wizard, it tells me that it will convert it into Dynamic Disk. I really don't want to...
  8. Dynamic Volumes - Unable to add/extend my main disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dynamic Volumes - Unable to add/extend my main disk: The main disk where I have my boot and system partition is running out of space. I have an extra disk not used in my computer. In the past, I was able (during installation) to use two disks with stripped partitions (RAID-0-like), now however, I cannot. What I have done...
  9. Can't create simple volume on dynamic disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't create simple volume on dynamic disk: Hello I have a dynamic disk (converted from a basic disk) with about 100gb of allocated space. I try to create a simple volume out of the entirety of it (via disk management) but immediately after press "finish" on the New Simple Volume Wizard, an error message shows saying...
  10. After extend, changed to dynamic and not showing in diskdefrag

in Windows 10 Support
    After extend, changed to dynamic and not showing in diskdefrag: Hello tenforums, recently I have decided to buy ssd for my laptop. I ended up installing fresh new copy of Windows after failed to 'clone' or 'migrate' it. On a first attempt, when I looking around, i can see my hdd partition on disk defragmenter. For illustration, here is...