Windows 10: Simple FREE LOSSLESS MKV/MP4 editor (Cut sections)

Discus and support Simple FREE LOSSLESS MKV/MP4 editor (Cut sections) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there I found this SIMPLE Free video editor -- I basically just want to remove bits of MKV / MP4 rips without any loss in quality for example I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Sep 10, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Simple FREE LOSSLESS MKV/MP4 editor (Cut sections)

Hi there
    I found this SIMPLE Free video editor -- I basically just want to remove bits of MKV / MP4 rips without any loss in quality for example I'm saving some classic old TV programs from a Classic Movie Satellite channel and want to remove the breaks.

Look for THIS program

Free Video editor V 1.4.13 build 805

DO NOT USE ANY LATER VERSION as the lossless copy (set format to Original) is now a PAID for feature and the program comes with a lot of added bloatware.

I really hate it when people do that -- when a pointless upgrade removes a feature and makes it paid for !! plus adding Bloatware when you download.

However this version is so simple and easy to use I still recommend it (version I've listed)

Warning :

"BEWARE! As of v1.4.15 this software now requires you to pay to have lossless conversion of videos; this was a feature that was FREE in earlier versions."

Here's a link to the decent version

MEGA

Here's what the GUI looks like

Simple FREE LOSSLESS MKV/MP4 editor (Cut sections) [​IMG]

when saving just save without checking tag boxes

use the scissors symbol for start and end of each cut.
    Program saves without remuxing / conversion so very good for losssless snipping unwanted bits of video. Save is very fast as there's no conversion if you keep original format.

There's conversion available but I don't use it.

Works fine on mp4/mkv/m2ts original files and a load more

pity they ruined it with the update --so DON'T UPDATE.

Cheers

jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 10, 2016

2. How to view "cover-art" of mkv videos on Win10 (thumbnails)

Hello everybody!

There is a small "thing" which troubles me a bit. I have quite big own movie library, mostly MKV files and additionally MP4s. To edit meta data and movie cover of MP4 is simple and easy by 3rd party SW and this cover is then nicely visible in File Explorer
    and in Films&TV app as well. But when comes to MKV there is a problem with it.

For editing meta data, add subtitles, another audio stream and movie cover I am using 3rd party SW - "MKVToolNix GUI" and "MKV Tag Editor". Both apps allow me to add an attachment which I always named simply "cover". I was led by plenty youtube and web manuals
    for editing MKVs but I stayed without resolution.

Is MKV fully supported video container/file in Windows and if so why it does not show thumbnails as any other formats? Please help me to solve it - maybe I am just doing it not that way it should be done, or it does now work from totally different
    reason.

Many thanks in advance to everybody who will read it and answer me!

Ondřej Jaroš, Sep 10, 2016
  3. Leave it.

MP4 and MKV are video containers, not formats. Not all MP4 and MKV videos are equal...

RichardBurtSX, Sep 10, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, have a look at AVIDemux (freeware, Sourceforge) which someone recommended here. Very fast indeed for cutting chunks out.

dalchina, Sep 10, 2016
  5. Mega-virus!
    virustotal.com reports this as:
    AVware Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT
    AegisLab Pua.Opencandy.Gen|2|103!c
    Antiy-AVL GrayWare[Adware]/Win32.OpenCandy.heur
    Avast Win32:OpenCandy-D [PUP]
    Avira (no cloud) PUA/OpenCandy.Gen
    Bkav W32.HfsAdware.9B47
    Cyren W32/Application.HGNE-0133
    DrWeb Program.Freemake.1
    ESET-NOD32 a variant of Win32/OpenCandy.A potentially unsafe
    Fortinet Riskware/OpenCandy
    GData Win32.Application.OpenCandy.O
    Ikarus PUA.OpenCandy
    K7AntiVirus Unwanted-Program (004d5a941)
    K7GW Unwanted-Program (004d5a941)
    McAfee Artemis!5184B94F64B7
    McAfee-GW-Edition Artemis
    NANO-Antivirus Riskware.Win32.OpenCandy.ecaucd
    Panda PUP/DownloadAssistant
    VIPRE Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT
    ViRobot Adware.Opencandy.30477376[h]

margrave55, Sep 17, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Sep 17, 2016
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

that post is rather uninformative since what SOFTWARE are you reporting as being infected with Malware --the one I posted or the AVIDEMUX

I certainly have no malware on mine and I suspect that @dalchina has no malware on his software so your post is totally uninformative.

I know a lot of these so called video converters come with bloat/mal/adware / pups / silly offers etc but if you get from a RELIABLE source and ensure you download the correct stuff then you shouldn't get any malware.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 17, 2016
  8. Simple FREE LOSSLESS MKV/MP4 editor (Cut sections)

Totally uninformative? Huh?
    The OP said "Here's a link to the decent version ... MEGA"
    So I downloaded that ... and I reported the unfortunate AV results. Simple.

margrave55, Sep 18, 2016
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

If your AV software produces a weird result like that I can only surmise you must have either downloaded the wrong link or you've got a false positive

I can only surmise that judging by your number of posts - 8 vs > 3,000 of mine that you don't really understand how this Forum works -- very rarely indeed do people give links out for malware and they certainly would be warned if they want to stay on the Forum.

I can honestly say (and I've been in this business for many many years) that I've rarely had ANY virus on my computer - and that's also only using Windows defender and no other AV software at all.

You of course have to be careful when using those sites like Megaupload - but it's easily do-able --of course I'd prefer a dropbox or other link but sometimes you have to use the only place (other than even more dubious torrent sites) where you can get reasonably unrestricted access to the download link.

Never use "installers" or "helpers" though --if the software requires any of these "add-ons" then of course stay well away.

Some AV software is really poor at checking what is malware and what is OK --Symantec and Macafee (Mac Aweful !!) are usually THE WORST.

I'm using the program almost daily and have absolutely no issues with Malware / PUPs etc -- and I also check the router logs as well to ensure nothing untoward is happening. (BTW most people don't even KNOW how to check their router logs - but that is about the best place to see if your system is being compromised in any way by unauthorised users whether inbound or outbound.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 19, 2016
  10. I'm still interested in a suitable MKV editor, and a search brought me back here. I re-tried that MEGA link, hoping it would still work. It still does.

So I downloaded it ... and it's still corrupt. AVG quarantined it immediately upon scanning.

When will I ever find an MKV editor?

margrave55, Aug 1, 2017
  11. Gordon7 Win User
    Gordon7, Aug 3, 2017
  12. Thanks, Gordon. But no joy. AVG declares it "Win32:Open Candy-D", and quarantines it.
    And virustotal.com threw a fit!
    Code: Avast Win32:OpenCandy-D [PUP] AVG Win32:OpenCandy-D [PUP] GData Win32.Application.OpenCandy.O Cyren W32/Trojan.HGNE-0133 K7AntiVirus Unwanted-Program ( 004d5a941 ) K7GW Unwanted-Program ( 004d5a941 ) AVware Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT VIPRE Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT Fortinet Riskware/OpenCandy NANO-Antivirus Riskware.Win32.OpenCandy.ecaucd Panda PUP/DownloadAssistant Avira (no cloud) PUA/OpenCandy.Gen Webroot Pua.Optimizer.Pro Ikarus PUA.OpenCandy DrWeb Program.Freemake.1 Antiy-AVL GrayWare[Adware]/Win32.OpenCandy.heur ViRobot Adware.Opencandy.30477376 TrendMicro-HouseCall ADW_OPENCANDY ESET-NOD32 a variant of Win32/OpenCandy.A potentially unsafe[/quote]

margrave55, Aug 4, 2017
  13. aramil Win User

Just as an extra pair of eyes, I have downloaded this from both links available and run them through Kaspersky/malwarebites with no issues.

They both come back clean. (both packed & unpacked). So I agree with the others that both sources are clean.

aramil, Aug 4, 2017
  14. Earlier tonight I followed that link to the tucows site. The big "Download Now" button in the middle of the page brought me a file that was LOADED with malware.

I don't know whether 19 mal-hits on virustotal is a world-record, but I've never seen anything that bad.

But on that same tucows page there's a sidebar on the right with a "Support URL" link. That link took me to DVDVideoSoft.com.

So I downloaded from there. The file shows as completely clean in AVG, and only 1 mal-hit out of 61 on virustotal.com.

So ... the publisher is in good shape, but it appears that tucows is fubarred.

margrave55, Aug 4, 2017
  15. So after all that trouble to get Free Video Editor, I finally have it.
    It installs and it works.

But it's not free.

It's called "free". But you have to pay $9 per year. So how is that free?
    Grrrr ...

margrave55, Aug 4, 2017
Thema:

1. Simple FREE LOSSLESS MKV/MP4 editor (Cut sections) - Similar Threads - Simple FREE LOSSLESS

2. Simple Photo Editor Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Simple Photo Editor Apps: Everyone knows that the new "photos" editor update is **** so I'm trying to find one similar to the one I used to use. Want I want is a slider that let's you brighten all the colors at once. There used to be one slider that did all the colors. Now you have sliders that do...
  3. Simple Photo Editor Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simple Photo Editor Apps: Everyone knows that the new "photos" editor update is **** so I'm trying to find one similar to the one I used to use. Want I want is a slider that let's you brighten all the colors at once. There used to be one slider that did all the colors. Now you have sliders that do...
  4. Thumbnail issue (mp4/mkv)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnail issue (mp4/mkv): Greetings, Since the new update of this week I am experiencing some issues regarding thumbnails of mp4 and mkv files. When I download or create new files the thumbnail of the new file will not work and show as the default pictogram instead (even if the thumbnail is custom...
  5. MP4 Editing with Video Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    MP4 Editing with Video Editor: I am trimming a lot of videos as an instructor. I want to reset the app that "plays/opens" mp4 files to the video editor that comes with Windows 10. I cannot find any way to do this. There is no "open with" option on the menu below. The default apps under Settings will not...
  6. Editing deleting sections of an mp4 video in MS Windows 10 Photos Video Editor increases...

Editing deleting sections of an mp4 video in MS Windows 10 Photos Video Editor increases...: Why does editing deleting sections of an mp4 video in MS Windows 10 Photos Video Editor actually increase the size of final video by 3 times!? I started out with 795,539 kb and ended up with 2,822,908 kb....
  7. Video (MP4/MKV) Handbrake alternative (Vidcoder)

Video (MP4/MKV) Handbrake alternative (Vidcoder): Hi there anybody tried this for getting smaller mkv/mp4 files also with HEVC 265 VidCoder 4.31 / 5.3 Beta Free Download - VideoHelp Free and has the Handbrake engine but without the complexity of its GUI Anybody tried it yet. Cheers jimbo 126019
  8. Show Details in Mp4-Avi-Mkv etc

Show Details in Mp4-Avi-Mkv etc: In Windows 10 when I hover my mouse over these files all I see is the size and length of my file. In windows 7 I could also see the details IE size of the file 1280x540 etc is there a way to enable this in Windows 10 [img] Thanks 14376
  9. Apple AAC to FLAC FREE lossless conversion --

Apple AAC to FLAC FREE lossless conversion --: Hi folks If you have either a Linux system or a Windows system with BASH installed on it then the job is simply done with the following script. for f in *.m4a; do ffmpeg -i "$f" -c:a flac "${f%.m4a}.flac"; done For Ubuntu users - (physical or VM's) you might get a...
  10. Handbrake - convert AVI and MP4 to MKV with subtitles at best quality

Handbrake - convert AVI and MP4 to MKV with subtitles at best quality: Hi there Any Video experts out there I've some AVI and MP4 files with external .SRT subtitles that I'd like to convert to MKV with embedded subtitles (not forced). That way I can forget about the .srt files that don't always play properly on MEZZMO / SERVIIO or PLEX...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hfsadware 9b47