Windows 10: Simple instructions to use outlook in win 10 with my old mail

Discus and support Simple instructions to use outlook in win 10 with my old mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I stupidly updated to win 10 and now am attempting to salvage my saved e-mail. I tried the instructions on the various posts about syncing and adding... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by beyondmaduser, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Simple instructions to use outlook in win 10 with my old mail

I stupidly updated to win 10 and now am attempting to salvage my saved e-mail. I tried the instructions on the various posts about syncing and adding but none are successful. I did search and found a .pst file so my e-mail info is still in the computer. I don't want to do anything to erase that. Win 10 is incomprehensible to me and Microsoft is telling me I am an idiot. So they win, because I can't seem to get my outlook back so I must be an idiot. Does someone have a set of simple, idiot proof instructions for idiots like me to return to productivity from blind anger and rage? I can't believe someone would create an upgrade that does not retain the same interface that users know. Fix and improve the gears inside the box but don't change the controls and hide some of them. I know Microsoft knows a lot more about win 10 that I ever will but I wonder if they are smart enough to create simple instructions for the idiots who have bought their products and never will again.

:)

beyondmaduser, Mar 12, 2016
  2. KPape Win User

How do I sink my old email from hotmail.com or outlook.com?

I'm only seeing 2-3 month old mail and want to recover 1-2 year old mail. BTW the Win 10 app loads my Hotmail and Outlook accounts (but not old mail) while my Outlook 2010 app gets all my old Hotmail, but doesn't sync my Outlook account at all (it reads
    in the Hotmail inbox instead). Help?

KPape, Mar 12, 2016
  3. Windows selects a old unused email from another company in 10 launch

The problem is not resolved and the instructions and help offered cannot fix the issue.

When setting up Windows 10 the programme selects an outlook address in my case this is an old unused account from somewhere i used to work but has the word 'outlook' in it's address so i suspect this is the reason for selection.

I use a hotmail address and have other outlook accounts as alias'

I need to delete the redundant old outlook address [on ipad this is a simple delete account and records selection]

This option isn't available and thus the mail part of Windows 10 cannot be used as it doesn't offer the ability to delete, there is an add account option but if i select this it then goes to a security error reading and everything freezes, for now i go to
    google open hotmail, outlook and use the tabs as previous, it is simple and works.

I'd prefer to use all the microsoft tools as we have 5 PC's in the business, although we have recently dropped the Nokia phones and moved to Samsung as the systems simply were to painful to use.

BobFeltham, Mar 12, 2016
  4. Clintlgm Win User

Simple instructions to use outlook in win 10 with my old mail

Yes download Classic Shell and configure it to look like what you moved up from XP VISTA 7? What version of Office Outlook were you using. 2007, 2013 both work for me in windows 10? some office 2007 you need to run a repair install for me this happen automatically after the upgrade to windows 10 and attempted to open an office document.
    if your talking about Outlook Express that went away with window 8!! however I see a way to import your email and contacts etc here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...tabs=windows-8 into a MS Outlook.com account.

Clintlgm, Mar 12, 2016
  5. I had win 7 but not sure of the version of outlook. not familiar with classic shell but will look at it. I am really hesitant to try anything too drastic. This "Free" upgrade has been anything but free in times of hours to get back to usefulness and I am not there yet. Thanks for the quick reply

beyondmaduser, Mar 12, 2016
  6. Clintlgm Win User
    Yes classis shell will give you back you user interface that you are familiar with make working more like were used to with normal start menu etc. Its free. There are other similar products out there, CS seem to have a lot more setting you can work with and easy interface.

Clintlgm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Simple instructions to use outlook in win 10 with my old mail

1. Simple instructions to use outlook in win 10 with my old mail - Similar Threads - Simple instructions outlook

2. Spam email using my name Outlook Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spam email using my name Outlook Win 10: I was sending a copy of an email to myself and noticed that my "number 1" suggested email had suddenly become some unknown randon email using my name.Outlook Win 10. Traced it back to a junk mail trying to send me an "invoice" which opened a html of a copy of the hotmail...
  3. WLive Mail transfer to Win 10 Mail. Want to transfer that into my Outlook 2010 app.

WLive Mail transfer to Win 10 Mail. Want to transfer that into my Outlook 2010 app.: Hi: I just upgraded to Win 10 from 7. I was able to move my primary emails into Outlook 2010 but my storage folders were an issue. I managed to move the storage folders into my msn.com email account along with my calendar. So far so good. When I tried to get the msn.com...
  4. Import win 10 mail to Outlook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Import win 10 mail to Outlook: Ok so I have been browsing the community but none of the answers seem to work for me. I have a windows 10 mail client with 800 emails saved to the computer, and now I want to switch to Outlook. I can't access the online account anymore since we migrated the domain as...
  5. Disabling Windows Mail in WIN 10 when using Outlook

Disabling Windows Mail in WIN 10 when using Outlook: Can Win 10 mail be disable when usng Outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-windows-mail-in-win-10-when-using/d6d5be9b-629f-4356-ac1b-378cf18cba78
  6. outlook for my mail

outlook for my mail: my mail says I need to fix it so I depress fix it-it fixes itself,apparently-then 15 secs later it says it needs fixing again and around in circles we go-any ideas folks? thanks garyt...
  7. Win 10 notification opens Mail instead of Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 notification opens Mail instead of Outlook: Running fully patched Windows 10 Pro. When Windows notification pops up announcing a new email in Outlook, clicking on the notification opens Windows Mail instead of Outlook 2016. Outlook is the default app in Settings\Default Apps. Can't seem to switch it....
  8. Reinstall of win 10 instructions are WAY TOO OLD @ Microsoft!

Reinstall of win 10 instructions are WAY TOO OLD @ Microsoft!: This comp is result of forced upgrade from 7 to 10. Win 10 has recently failed upgrades at 100% with an error number that is no where to be found on the 'Net. I have tried the tool to download so it downloads a downloader that will download and create a setup that will...
  9. How to use my Outlook email instead of Windows 10 mail

in Browsers and Email
    How to use my Outlook email instead of Windows 10 mail: Windows 10 mail leaves much to be desired, at least for me. It will not sync with my Outlook mail account that I have used for years. It is not possible to change its default font and size, and it stops and starts when I am typing an email, and my large accumulation of...
  10. Is uninstall of Win 10 as simple as...?

Is uninstall of Win 10 as simple as...?: Don't panic! *Huh I'm not ready to uninstall Windows 10 just yet but will need to eventually. But, to finish my question; is uninstall of Win 10 as simple as booting into Windows 7, then deleting the Windows 10 partition & re-acquiring that space back to it's original drive?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to use personal email instead of windows 10

2. easy instructions for using outlook