Windows 10: Simple Question about Win 10 Upgrade

Discus and support Simple Question about Win 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have win 7 home premium x64, I was wondering when i pick the win 10 dl for an ISO can i select one language ? or does it have to be the generic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sebastian869, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Simple Question about Win 10 Upgrade

I have win 7 home premium x64, I was wondering when i pick the win 10 dl for an ISO can i select one language ? or does it have to be the generic version (not the k or n or none of that stuff i get that part)

P.S. I have to do a clean install, Do you guys think i should reinstall win 7 or should i go for 10 (I dont like the intrusiveness and from what i read u can turn 1/2- 3/4 off like torrents for ex. and just from stability stake should i wait like 6 months till redstone or what ever will come and serve as a SP1 for win 7? dosent the intrusiveness piss u off or are the you tuber making something out of nothing)

Thanks,
    Sebastian

:)

sebastian869, Oct 25, 2015

2. A simple question about E63

this is for voice recognition and voice tags

techbuzzireland, Oct 25, 2015
  3. bazkurd Win User
    A simple question about E63

Guys,I just wanna ask,when the phone is on the standby screen and I keep pressing on the green key for about two seconds I see(recording started) message.what does that mean? I checked the gallery as I thought it may be a sound recording shortcut but I
    got nothing Any body know about this issue?

bazkurd, Oct 25, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Simple Question about Win 10 Upgrade

You cannot substitute single language edition for standard home. I would install 7 then upgrade to 10 for no other reason than getting the windows 10 activation saved on Microsoft activation servers.

NavyLCDR, Oct 25, 2015
  5. I follow the logic and i intend to do just that but in like 6 months when it starts getting sloppy. Win is like a slut who never washes anything not does laundry nor cleaning etc. Hence, all garbage is in reg and system files. I hope 10 will address that though to date ive alway tried to do a fresh install ever 6-12 months.

BTW, aviator?

sebastian869, Oct 26, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Aviation Maintenance. I found Windows 8/8.1 to be extremely stable and not require re-installing every year like previous versions. I believe after about the first year of updates, Windows 10 will be the same way.

NavyLCDR, Oct 26, 2015
  7. Odd as my brother uses 8 and i heard its torture (the irony is that all the speed comparisons show win 8.1 as faster vs 7-8.1-10 and it makes sense as they only had 2 releases and many yrs to address the problems, its the reason why i want to give 10 time to marinate then upgrade. I do think they are crossing the privacy (did know it was an NSA release) line assuming what i read is. true. Id have to pay for 8.1 thus im going to reinstall 7 once more that do what u suggested.

Thanks,
    Sebastian

sebastian869, Oct 26, 2015
  8. CountMike New Member

Ah, those rumors, scuttlebutt, grape vine !!! I heard DOS is a bitch and Windows 3.1 are no good at all.

CountMike, Oct 26, 2015
  9. Never had problems with dos although ur taking me back to the norton commander the first semi gui i tried. Oh the 5 1/4" floppies and 9600 boud modem and BBesis. Windows Millenium was my first lesson in how much torture PC can provide. Millenium caused me to jump out a one story window.

At this point is it a better play to do a fresh install of win 7 and wait 6 months for 10 to get improved and hopefully enough outcry that they remove the NSA app. or go with 10 and flirt with losing torrents?

sebastian869, Oct 28, 2015
  10. CountMike New Member
    Ah, good old Norton Commander, I'm still addicted to Total Commander because of it. I didn't have any more problems with Millennium than with W98 but it was very short lived anyway, kinda short stop to 2000/XP. Even XP that so many raise to heaven, was not too good til SP3. W7, only after SP1 it became a legend but I was more than happy to switch to W8/8.1.

CountMike, Oct 28, 2015
  11. Well u now know MS key to success do no real testing other then BS showoffs betas then charge money release and then start to fix each fault not to mention 0 days one sucker at a time till SP1 then it appears its makes sense to put a toe into the water before then u are merely testing their crap with ur important data. After all MS created whole large nitch of backing everything up cuz who knows when POS goes crazy STARTS BSOD when u didnt touch anything and then posting 100 questions and by then someone with enough knowledge will solve ur issue.

sebastian869, Nov 1, 2015
  12. just remember DOS NEver BSOD nor DOC with Norton commander on top. I read DOD will pay MS millions to continue tech support on XP, guess they already know, dont get why their not using unix

sebastian869, Nov 1, 2015
  13. CountMike New Member

So in your eyes the real issue is money not OS itself ? Heck, even Rolls Roys had issues and recalls to fix initial shortcomings. it's inevitable. If we were waiting for everything to be perfect, not even stone tools would be invented.

CountMike, Nov 1, 2015
  14. I'd just like them to be on par with apple.

sebastian869, Nov 2, 2015
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    Well, in order to do that Microsoft would have have to triple their prices.

NavyLCDR, Nov 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Simple Question about Win 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Simple Question Upgrade

2. question about upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question about upgrade.: If my newly bought computer is not capable to Windows 11, can I go ahead and use the ISO or update assistant? just like in OS 10 before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-upgrade/e5d89736-7ce2-469e-8042-e1aac8ce316d
  3. Simple question about Wake On Lan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Simple question about Wake On Lan: I'm in the process of setting up a Wake On LAN setup using an older pc and an external hdd to be used for backups and such. My question is, do both pc's have to be connected to a router by Ethernet cable? My original plan was to do it completely wireless, because stationed...
  4. a simple question about Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a simple question about Factory Reset: I have messed up some default permissions and paths... after trying bunch of stuff I was unable to change everything back to normal. So I'm going for a Reset. If I choose Keep My Personal Data when reseting windows, what will be kept and what will be erased? I'm mainly...
  5. Simple question about installing 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Simple question about installing 10: I just built a new pc and have a SSD and a regular drive. Everything is new. Will Windows 10 installer allow me to pick to install in on my SSD or should I unplug the other hard drive to avoid it going onto that one? Thanks! submitted by /u/Moldenkewillremain [link]...
  6. A question about Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    A question about Win 10: I keep running into this thing called "Group Policy" when I am looking up a "how to do something" online. What is this "Group Policy" bit all about? Steve 131919
  7. Simple Newbie Question About "Photoshopping"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simple Newbie Question About "Photoshopping": I don't have photoshop, only MS Paint on my Windows 10 computer. I never photoshopped anything and have absolutely no experience in these type of things. I simply want to take two separate pictures of two of my dogs, and put one dog's head on the other dog's body. I want...
  8. Two simple questions about unwilling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Two simple questions about unwilling Windows 10: Hi, Recently upgraded to Win10. Several teething problems, like some incompatible software, mostly due to lack of adequate updating by the software maker or provider (a main culprit being Hewlett Packard, which was unable to adapt its central utility "Solution Centre" to...
  9. Questions: - About ready to upgrade from Win8.1 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions: - About ready to upgrade from Win8.1 to Win 10: I am been reading many of the Win 10 Upgrade messages - but there seems to be many different ways that the upgrade to Win10 can be done. Any comments about my quesitons below are appreciated. Someone told me yesterday that one of the easiest ways to do the upgrade from...
  10. Questions about win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions about win 10: Hello I am very old win 7 user, so after upgrade i make this steps and i wonder if i make it right I download windows 10 using the tool from Microsoft, and get ISO file, put it on USB using Microsoft USB, DVD tool and i start format my laptop and system partition...