Windows 10: Simplified Adaptive Video Streaming: HLS & DASH Windows 10

Discus and support Simplified Adaptive Video Streaming: HLS & DASH Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 8.1 introduced support for Professional Quality Video using Media Source Extensions (MSE) and Encrypted Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Simplified Adaptive Video Streaming: HLS & DASH Windows 10

Source: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2...indows-10.aspx

:)

Brink, Jan 28, 2015

2. BBC iPlayer - what is HLS format re video streaming?

It's a video format developed by Apple:
    HLS (HTTP Live Streaming)

JulianPreußner, Jan 28, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    BBC iPlayer - what is HLS format re video streaming?

HTTP Live Streaming - Wikipedia

And yes, WP7 does not seem to support it. I wonder what was wrong with standard H.264 video? Or even making an iPlayer app... There are plenty of video services with WP7 apps that functon just fine.

However, thanks for getting this information. A lot of users sorely miss iPlayer and this is the first concrete answer I've heard from the BBC.

Entegy, Jan 28, 2015
Thema:

Simplified Adaptive Video Streaming: HLS & DASH Windows 10

1. Simplified Adaptive Video Streaming: HLS & DASH Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Simplified Adaptive Video

2. Streaming videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming videos: For the last week or so, when I try to play a video in both the OperaGX and Chrome browser, they will freeze for up to a few minutes before playing. The videos will also freeze if I pause them for more than a minute or so, but if I only pause the video for a few seconds, I...
  3. Streaming videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streaming videos: For the last week or so, when I try to play a video in both the OperaGX and Chrome browser, they will freeze for up to a few minutes before playing. The videos will also freeze if I pause them for more than a minute or so, but if I only pause the video for a few seconds, I...
  4. video streaming problems with windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    video streaming problems with windows 10: video streaming problems with windows 10. Stuttering https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-streaming-problems-with-windows-10/77a527e8-4889-404c-ae7f-20a3726e1f7b
  5. Streaming video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streaming video: Due to self isolation I am unable to see my Son, we used to meet up twice a week to watch videos together ( currently Viking’s and Walking Dead ) Can anyone suggest a program ( or method ) whereby I can play the video and my Son can watch it at the same time at his home,...
  6. Streaming Videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Streaming Videos: I cannot play videos that are included in an email OR videos in my FB feed disappear as soon as I scroll down to them and are "blurred" out I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and Windows 10 installed; ANY help and/or information is greatly appreciated Thank you...
  7. Windows 10 Video Streaming Glitch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Video Streaming Glitch: Whenever I stream a video online, random green glitches appear over the video. It especially happens when I hover my mouse over a video or go in and out of full screen. This is what it looks like.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. streaming video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    streaming video: Hi. I am running windows 10 and want to stream the video on my PC with my TV which are both on the same network. I had used Samsung smart view but even that has stopped since I updated to 10. I have tried to add the TV to my home group but that doesn`t work either. Any...
  9. Streaming Videos

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Streaming Videos: I'm having a problem with my laptop streaming videos. It is taking a very long time to download them and they play for less than a minute and pause to download more. a small video is taking 10 minutes or longer view. There is very little in my cache. 22995
  10. Video streaming not to go full stream?

in Windows 10 Support
    Video streaming not to go full stream?: Hi guys;In Win 10 TP, in this site in Google chrome when i try to watch video stream i click to open full screen and it shows small screen on left side with the rest of the screen in white,see pic; on ESPN3 and on my IPTV is ok....