Windows 10: Sims 1 won't work on Windows 10.

Discus and support Sims 1 won't work on Windows 10. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have recently installed Windows 10 and now my Sims 1 game won't work. I installed it on my laptop when I had Windows 8.1, and it worked fine. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by brynojenkins, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Sims 1 won't work on Windows 10.

I have recently installed Windows 10 and now my Sims 1 game won't work. I installed it on my laptop when I had Windows 8.1, and it worked fine. I can go into "This PC" and play the game from the disc drive, when I do this it gives me an initial screen but when I click play nothing happens.

Is there any way to fix this, ideally without losing my save games?

:)

brynojenkins, Jul 29, 2015
  2. FreshtaS Win User

Sims 1 not working on windows 10

its asus x456u windows 10 new computer

it says admin pass required but I am admin

I don't know if its any other game

FreshtaS, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Sims 1 not working on windows 10

Hi,

Sorry to know that you are facing issues while installing a game. We'll certainly assist you to resolve it.

Please share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive?
    • Is the specific to particular game or have you tried installing any other game?
    Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 29, 2015
  4. delsus Win User

Sims 1 won't work on Windows 10.

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode? right click the shortcut, click properties, and under the compatibility tab check the "run this program in compatibility more for" and choose the latest version it worked on (Windows 8 should work as you said it was fine in there.)

delsus, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Yah, try compatibility mode.
    On my Test Dummy machine with Windows 10 pre-RTM (inside joke) on it I ran into same issue
    with TrackIR5 software refusing to run .
    I fixed it easily by using compatibility mode for that program and had it run as Windows 8.x.
    Worked fine after that.

DurkaDurkaDurka, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Yeah I just tried that, still doesn't work. Would it be an issue that I had Windows 8.1 at the time of installation?

brynojenkins, Jul 30, 2015
  7. delsus Win User
    I don't think so, it does generally seem to be that it's incompatible with Windows 10, also the Windows compatibility center has got one vote saying it's incompatible, but it is a very old game so it is understandable (I think I played it on Windows 98 lol) short of virtualization I don't think there is much that you can do if compatibility mode doesn't work.

delsus, Jul 30, 2015
  8. Sims 1 won't work on Windows 10.

If all else fails, find an old license to Windows XP and virtualize it. Then you can install older games like this and play them without any issues.

DeaconFrost, Jul 30, 2015
  9. How do I do that? I'm not a big tech person.

brynojenkins, Jul 30, 2015
  10. There are two common programs for running a virtual machine, VMWare Player and VirtualBox. Both are free, so if you have an older OS, such as Windows XP, this solution will cost you nothing.

Once you install either of those programs, you'll be able to create a "computer" that runs from a file on your current machine. It runs like any other program, in a window, so you can minimize it and work on something else. Basically, you'd be running Windows XP in a window. These virtual machines can access CD/DVD drives, so you can install Sims 1 in the virtual machine just as if it is an actual computer. Modern computers are fast enough to handle this, so Sims 1 should be more than playable within this virtual machine.

You also aren't messing with partitions and boot loaders, which could potential render your main computer unbootable. I would probably recommend VMWare Player, as it might be a little easier to use.

DeaconFrost, Jul 30, 2015
  11. Oh cool I haven't heard of them. I'm on the website for VMWare but there are a million downloads available. Could you send me a link of the download I need?

brynojenkins, Aug 15, 2015
  12. DeaconFrost, Aug 16, 2015
  13. Sims 1 won't work on Windows 10.

Yeah, looks like that may be your only choice to run it. Because of the DRM in some versions of The Sims (and other games like GTA III), it won't be able to be played on Windows 10 unless EA pushes a patch removing SecuROM or whatever DRM they used back then. Seeing as how the game is fifteen years old, I don't see that happening, honestly.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/17/w...-old-game-drm/

blackroseMD1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sims 1 won't work on Windows 10.

1. Sims 1 won't work on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Sims won't

2. Even when I changed all compatibility settings to windows 7 gor sims 1 it still won't play...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Even when I changed all compatibility settings to windows 7 gor sims 1 it still won't play...: Even when I changed all compatibility settings to windows 7 for sims 1 it still won't play when I click play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/even-when-i-changed-all-compatibility-settings-to/90072942-1b59-4592-9107-fc3e4d45c0ed
  3. Even when I changed all compatibility settings to windows 7 gor sims 1 it still won't play...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Even when I changed all compatibility settings to windows 7 gor sims 1 it still won't play...: Even when I changed all compatibility settings to windows 7 for sims 1 it still won't play when I click play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/even-when-i-changed-all-compatibility-settings-to/90072942-1b59-4592-9107-fc3e4d45c0ed
  4. Windows Phone connected to WiFi no SIM but won't load anything

Windows Phone connected to WiFi no SIM but won't load anything: I own a Windows Phone Windows 8.1, I think.... I'm currently without a SIM card, but I need it to access the web. I tried connecting to my home WiFi, and it said it was connected, but when trying to open anything online, I get an error that says that it can't find the server...
  5. Windows Phone connected to WiFi no SIM but won't load anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Phone connected to WiFi no SIM but won't load anything: I own a Windows Phone Windows 8.1, I think.... I'm currently without a SIM card, but I need it to access the web. I tried connecting to my home WiFi, and it said it was connected, but when trying to open anything online, I get an error that says that it can't find the server...
  6. My Sims 3 Won't Open When I Click the Play Button from The Sims 3 Launcher.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Sims 3 Won't Open When I Click the Play Button from The Sims 3 Launcher.: So first of all, I can not post this to the EA Community as my game is not legit. So my Sims 3 all of a sudden won't open. Everytime I try to open Sims 3 I click the TS3.exe or TS3w.exe, my cursor would show the loading symbol then returns back to the normal cursor and...
  7. My Sims 3 Won't Open When I Click the Play Button from The Sims 3 Launcher.

My Sims 3 Won't Open When I Click the Play Button from The Sims 3 Launcher.: So first of all, I can not post this to the EA Community as my game is not legit. So my Sims 3 all of a sudden won't open. Everytime I try to open Sims 3 I click the TS3.exe or TS3w.exe, my cursor would show the loading symbol then returns back to the normal cursor and...
  8. Sims game won't update, EA says it could be a Windows program blocking it. But I don't know...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sims game won't update, EA says it could be a Windows program blocking it. But I don't know...: Hi!Since februari I have been trying to update the EA game Sims 4. It gave me the same message everytime.I contacted EA before and they couldn't give me a sollution, until today someone said it could be this:The problem you seem to get is about either an antivirus-problem or...
  9. Sims game won't update, EA says it could be a Windows program blocking it. But I don't know...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sims game won't update, EA says it could be a Windows program blocking it. But I don't know...: Hi!Since februari I have been trying to update the EA game Sims 4. It gave me the same message everytime.I contacted EA before and they couldn't give me a sollution, until today someone said it could be this:The problem you seem to get is about either an antivirus-problem or...
  10. Sims game won't update, EA says it could be a Windows program blocking it. But I don't know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sims 1 wont work on windows 10

2. sims 1 not working windows 10

3. how do i get sims 1 deluxe edition work on windows 10

4. does sims 1 work on windows 10,
  5. the sims 1 wont work?