Windows 10: sims 4

Discus and support sims 4 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cant get sims 4 to play on my new hp laptop. it says the game is not compatible for this computer. I bought this laptop specifically to play sims 4,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mophead9317, Aug 8, 2018.

1. sims 4

I cant get sims 4 to play on my new hp laptop. it says the game is not compatible for this computer. I bought this laptop specifically to play sims 4, and because it met all of the minimum requirements to play the game. please help

:)

mophead9317, Aug 8, 2018

2. Unable to play Sims 4 on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community

As per the description, I understand that you are facing an error "The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1103)" while launching SIMS 4 in your computer. It seems like the issue is related with the inconsistency in the system files or
    driver update. I will certainly help you with your issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • When did you install SIMS 4?
    • Have you installed any updates before/after installing the game?
    • What are the system requirements for the game?
    • Have you update your Graphic Drivers?
    Refer the following steps to update graphic driver.

• Click on start button and go to control panel on the right column.
    • Change the view by (from windows explorer) to
      large icons or small icons.
    • Double Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adaptor, double click on the available entry.
    • Click the tab Driver, click Update Driver.
    Note: I also suggest you to update the display card driver from the computer manufacturer website as well.

Please confirm with the SIMS 4 support if they have released any patches for this game.

I would suggest you to perform clean boot and check you are able to play game.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot

Refer to the link to perform clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

If issue persists please have this game reinstall and check again.

Following are the steps to remove SIMS 4 from Program and Features:

• Press Windows + R, type control panel and then click on
      ok.
    • Double click on Programs and Features.
    • Uninstall all the SIMS 4 related software.
    • Reinstall the application.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 8, 2018
  3. The sims 3 or 4? Anyone play them?

I've never played the Sims 4, but the Sims 3 is a lot of fun. I quite enjoyed the funny moments and building a house and such. Sims 3 is also open world whereas Sims 4 has loading screens for different areas. With both having their pluses and minuses, I don't think you can do wrong with either.

Masterchiefxx17, Aug 8, 2018
  4. sims 4

Upgrading From HD 7790 - Advice?

your PSU will handle GTX770/970 fine

of all the above list that you listed, i would suggest the GTX970, as its consumption are low, and the performance is pretty much top of the line
    the 970 will eat sims 3 and 4 at 1080 res, let alone 900p

AhokZYashA, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

sims 4

1. sims 4 - Similar Threads - sims

2. My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open?: My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-elitebook-840-g6-sim-tray-does-not-pop-out/59209177-3a00-48c6-8109-a8784e66b5c0
  3. My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open?: My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-elitebook-840-g6-sim-tray-does-not-pop-out/59209177-3a00-48c6-8109-a8784e66b5c0
  4. My acer aspire 3 isnt downloading apps. s mode is not on. please help bought for sims.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My acer aspire 3 isnt downloading apps. s mode is not on. please help bought for sims.: I'm trying to download apps like the ea app, steam and gog on Acer Aspire 3 but these apps arent installing. I tried downloading chrome to see if the browser might be the issue but no luck there. checked online tried the s mode thing but my computer doesnt have that on...
  5. My acer aspire 3 isnt downloading apps. s mode is not on. please help bought for sims.

My acer aspire 3 isnt downloading apps. s mode is not on. please help bought for sims.: I'm trying to download apps like the ea app, steam and gog on Acer Aspire 3 but these apps arent installing. I tried downloading chrome to see if the browser might be the issue but no luck there. checked online tried the s mode thing but my computer doesnt have that on...
  6. Even when I changed all compatibility settings to windows 7 gor sims 1 it still won't play...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Even when I changed all compatibility settings to windows 7 gor sims 1 it still won't play...: Even when I changed all compatibility settings to windows 7 for sims 1 it still won't play when I click play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/even-when-i-changed-all-compatibility-settings-to/90072942-1b59-4592-9107-fc3e4d45c0ed
  7. Even when I changed all compatibility settings to windows 7 gor sims 1 it still won't play...

Even when I changed all compatibility settings to windows 7 gor sims 1 it still won't play...: Even when I changed all compatibility settings to windows 7 for sims 1 it still won't play when I click play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/even-when-i-changed-all-compatibility-settings-to/90072942-1b59-4592-9107-fc3e4d45c0ed
  8. I have an old Nokia Lumina that I want to use my business account on but I need it Sim...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an old Nokia Lumina that I want to use my business account on but I need it Sim...: I need to speak to a live agent about having my windows phone please. Every company says you are the only ones that can help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-old-nokia-lumina-that-i-want-to-use-my/b7601ed3-bf69-4966-a0fd-7a59a768c89c
  9. I have an old Nokia Lumina that I want to use my business account on but I need it Sim...

I have an old Nokia Lumina that I want to use my business account on but I need it Sim...: I need to speak to a live agent about having my windows phone please. Every company says you are the only ones that can help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-old-nokia-lumina-that-i-want-to-use-my/b7601ed3-bf69-4966-a0fd-7a59a768c89c
  10. Why cant I download and uninstall Farming Sim 22 on PC Gamepass

Why cant I download and uninstall Farming Sim 22 on PC Gamepass: I try to download a game and then it instantly says 100% complete, then turns orange and says error. When I search the game in the windows bar, it shows up with no logo and I try to uninstall and it never does, even though i cant find it anywhere else but there. I've...