Windows 10: SimSun font use

Discus and support SimSun font use in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi thereI am looking to clarify the use of a Windows ttf font, SimSun.Font is available on Cloud fonts, and supplied in versions of windows and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Noel Robson, Feb 27, 2024.

1. SimSun font use

Hi thereI am looking to clarify the use of a Windows ttf font, SimSun.Font is available on Cloud fonts, and supplied in versions of windows and available forOffice apps - What are the restrictions for using this font in a non windows application - ie InDesign, 3B2 etc, for sub-setting in, and producing commercial products - these products would be for print and distribution through commercial sales, and also for use within electronic products hosted online, ebooks etc.The business using the font has 1000's of Office 365 registered users/accounts.I cannot find clear information as to the legali

:)

Noel Robson, Feb 27, 2024

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 27, 2024
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Feb 27, 2024
  4. SimSun font use

i want to change font style on Command Prompt but it's always set back to default font

the default font is SimSun-ExtB. i want to change to Ubuntu Mono ,already installed the font, it's also appear as an option on Font setting too, i set both Defaults and Properties' font to Ubuntu Mono but the font style doesn't changed at all. while Defaults font is set to Ubuntu Mono Properties' font is always go back to SimSun-ExtB.
    SimSun font use 9cb34497-8ec5-4721-af69-e4d3105a35eb?upload=true.png

กนกพลธงไชยเจริญสิริ, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

SimSun font use

1. SimSun font use - Similar Threads - SimSun font

2. need to reset fonts to original

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need to reset fonts to original: I need to change fonts back to original https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-reset-fonts-to-original/f0042d70-1e06-4af4-a7e5-64d2ab225458
  3. Most fonts in web browsers are bolded/pixelated on fresh windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most fonts in web browsers are bolded/pixelated on fresh windows installation: I've recently reset my pc and upgraded to Windows 11. Now most of the fonts I can look at are really thick and hurt my eyes.This is what it looks like to me: https://prnt.sc/ncLbMpnlWHavThis is what it looks like on my w11 laptop, or how I'd want it to look:...
  4. Most fonts in web browsers are bolded/pixelated on fresh windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most fonts in web browsers are bolded/pixelated on fresh windows installation: I've recently reset my pc and upgraded to Windows 11. Now most of the fonts I can look at are really thick and hurt my eyes.This is what it looks like to me: https://prnt.sc/ncLbMpnlWHavThis is what it looks like on my w11 laptop, or how I'd want it to look:...
  5. need to reset fonts to original

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to reset fonts to original: I need to change fonts back to original https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-reset-fonts-to-original/f0042d70-1e06-4af4-a7e5-64d2ab225458
  6. need to reset fonts to original

7. Using fonts supplied with Windows - in particular for this case SimSun Font

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using fonts supplied with Windows - in particular for this case SimSun Font: Hi there According to the font distribution FAQ page, it states: "Unless you are using an application that is specifically licensed for home, student, or non-commercial use, we do not restrict you from selling the things you print and make using the Windows-supplied...
  8. Using fonts supplied with Windows - in particular for this case SimSun Font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using fonts supplied with Windows - in particular for this case SimSun Font: Hi there According to the font distribution FAQ page, it states: "Unless you are using an application that is specifically licensed for home, student, or non-commercial use, we do not restrict you from selling the things you print and make using the Windows-supplied...
  9. Using fonts supplied with Windows - in particular for this case SimSun Font

10. SimSun font use

SimSun font use: Hi thereI am looking to clarify the use of a Windows ttf font, SimSun.Font is available on Cloud fonts, and supplied in versions of windows and available forOffice apps - What are the restrictions for using this font in a non windows application - ie InDesign, 3B2 etc, for...