Windows 10: Since 1803, have to constantly keep logging in on IE?

Discus and support Since 1803, have to constantly keep logging in on IE? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; IE stopped being the default browser when they released Edge. Edge is the initial default when Windows 10 is installed, but you can set any browser... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bree, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Bree New Member

Since 1803, have to constantly keep logging in on IE?

Edge is the initial default when Windows 10 is installed, but you can set any browser you want as your default after that.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Gelbs Win User

For some reason, IE isn't remembering my log in data. Like this site for example. I click on 'remember me', but as soon as I close IE and reopen it, I have to keep relogging in all the time. Never had this problem prior to the update, and also checked settings.

:)

Gelbs, Apr 30, 2018
  3. signing into microsoft account

why do i have to constantly sign in everyday you never use to have to do this only since i changed my password has this happened if it keeps it up i will stay logged out

cliff dean, Apr 30, 2018
  4. Since 1803, have to constantly keep logging in on IE?

2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4089848)--clears installed update history

Update: have since completed a feature update to Windows 10 Pro version 1803 (rs4_release), build 17133.1; update history is back,effective with this update.

Washingtonian-in-SD, Apr 30, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    IE in 1803 still remembers my login cookies for sites like TenForums.

Check your Internet Options, has 'delete browsing history on exit' been accidentally turned on?

6. Gelbs Win User
    Checked all that. Everything is checked or unchecked how it should be! Strange. Typical Microsoft, messing up stuff when it wasn't even broken.

Gelbs, Apr 30, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    Microsoft didn't break my IE in the upgrade 1803. I suspect that whatever broke yours, it would have happened with or without the upgrade.

As a first step, try deleting your history, cookies and temporary internet files - it may be something in there that's broken.

As a last resort, first export your Favourites so you don't loose them....
    Import or Export Internet Explorer Favorites with HTM in Windows 10

...then reset IE to its default settings (Internet options, on the Advanced tab)

Bree, May 1, 2018
  8. Gelbs Win User

It was working fine until the update. No problems at all. So seems too much of a coincidence. Not that it's a problem as such. Just a tad annoying. I also reset my IE etc, but same thing still happens.

Gelbs, May 1, 2018
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    check default programs and see if IE is your default browser.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 1, 2018
  10. swarfega Win User
    I would consider moving to Edge as IE is no longer developed and could be a security problem.

swarfega, May 1, 2018
  11. Gelbs Win User
    IE is the default browser. Seems to work fine on my older pc linked up to the network. Is a bit strange. Something probably become corrupted.

Gelbs, May 1, 2018
  12. swarfega Win User
    IE stopped being the default browser when they released Edge.

swarfega, May 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Since 1803, have to constantly keep logging in on IE? - Similar Threads - Since 1803 constantly

2. Im having all this constant errors in my log.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im having all this constant errors in my log.: it all started when trying to play online games sometimes, other times it worked a little wrong it would tell me that i was not connected, but my internet worked perfectly fine. When i used to try to run "diagnose network problems" the program itself would say something like...
  3. Im having all this constant errors in my log.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Im having all this constant errors in my log.: it all started when trying to play online games sometimes, other times it worked a little wrong it would tell me that i was not connected, but my internet worked perfectly fine. When i used to try to run "diagnose network problems" the program itself would say something like...
  4. Constant Crashing Since Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Crashing Since Upgrade: I bought my desktop pc with windows 10 installed but within a few months I was given the option to upgrade to windows 11 and unfortunately I accepted the upgrade. Worst ever choice. Every since then my new Legion tower freezes up and shuts down about every 10 minutes and says...
  5. Constant Crashing Since Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant Crashing Since Upgrade: I bought my desktop pc with windows 10 installed but within a few months I was given the option to upgrade to windows 11 and unfortunately I accepted the upgrade. Worst ever choice. Every since then my new Legion tower freezes up and shuts down about every 10 minutes and says...
  6. No major upgrades since 1803??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No major upgrades since 1803??: I came here to trying figuring out why my computer hadn't upgraded to 1809 yet (waiting since October), only to see there's a 1903! *Eek*Eek What could be causing me to not get these upgrades? I always allow upgrades, and receive the regular security updates. Can anyone give...
  7. Constantly have to log on to my account to use Excel .

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Constantly have to log on to my account to use Excel .: I understand that Microsoft thinks it is important to keep our account secure. However, I think almost all of your users with personal accounts DO NOT NEED any extra security because no one else has access to their computer. I did not have this problem in the recent past,...
  8. Network failure since 1803

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network failure since 1803: Tried everything that I can think so after some help here. Main PC and laptop running Win10 1803 x64. Both are configured as Private with everything prior to the 1803 update. The laptop, running via wireless can see and write to the files on the PC which is operating in...
  9. Win 1803 update - IE 11 will NOT start

in Browsers and Email
    Win 1803 update - IE 11 will NOT start: Hi ALL, I just got the latest major update to Win 10 Ver 1803 and when it was done everything seemed to be working well but then I discovered a problem with IE 11. Yes, I know MS is pushing Edge and IE 11 is going to be phased out but I'm still using it and up until this...
  10. Since 1803, have to constantly keep logging in on IE?

in Browsers and Email
    Since 1803, have to constantly keep logging in on IE?: For some reason, IE isn't remembering my log in data. Like this site for example. I click on 'remember me', but as soon as I close IE and reopen it, I have to keep relogging in all the time. Never had this problem prior to the update, and also checked settings. 109114