Windows 10: since d/l Win 10 ... no Internet

Discus and support since d/l Win 10 ... no Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After using Windows 7 for years, I was finally convinced to d/l Win 10. On my main computer, (this one) all is well now; initially Win 10 could not d/l... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Timwas8, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Timwas8 Win User

since d/l Win 10 ... no Internet

After using Windows 7 for years, I was finally convinced to d/l Win 10. On my main computer, (this one) all is well now; initially Win 10 could not d/l updates, but I got that sorted.

However my second conputer (Gigiabyte GA H61M S2PV, 4Gbram, i3 2nd gen processor) has not fared as well. I continue to get the following error statement, " there might be a problem with the driver for local area connection adapter".
    I have flushed the DNS server, then I replaced replaced the GByte ethernet controller (NDID 6.20) but all to no avail.

I do apologise for the lenghty description, but I am completely lost for what to do next other than return to Win 7.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Timwas8, Jan 5, 2016
  2. joeoneVO Win User

win 10-backup

I did not install win on the back up as I had a neighbor[ I.T. guy] who after I installed the Drive came over and installed Comodo for the back up. He has since been transferred to Georgia, and I did not create a sys image & he did not mention it.

Now when I d/l the "media creation tool" I do not get "run as Administrator". What I get is License terms>upgrade this pc now> and then it starts to d/l win 10. I tried twice but stopped the d/l , so here I am & by the way thanks again for the reply.

joeoneVO, Jan 5, 2016
  3. d/l Windows 10, was using windows live 2012 in Windows 7, since d/l i cannot locate email server

d/l Windows 10, was using windows live 2012 in Windows 7, since d/l i cannot locate email server

MarkCarterXC, Jan 5, 2016
  4. Private Win User

Give this a try. Go to Device Manager > uninstall the GBe driver > reboot. Windows will install the appropriate driver for GBe upon boot.

Private, Jan 5, 2016
  5. Timwas8 Win User
    Thank you for your suggestion Private.
    Did it and no success
    *Sad

Timwas8, Jan 5, 2016
  6. AnEdge Win User
    go into the driver and click update driver>browse my computer for driver software>Let me pick from a list of device drivers...Tell me what you have...The original driver should be listed there, that's the one you want to use
    let me know how it goes, you need to go down the list if there are a few , install each one, one by one until its up...are there a few of them?

AnEdge, Jan 5, 2016
  7. Timwas8 Win User
    Thanks for replying AnEdge

The are 6 drivers listed and they are:-
    Atheros AR 8151 PCI-E GB Ethernet Controller ... (x 2)
    Qualcom AR 8151 PCI-E GB Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30) (Microsoft) ... (x 2)
    Qualcom AR 8151 PCI-E GB Ethernet Controller (Qualcom Atheros) ... (x 2)
    I have installed all 6 and no Internet.

Just to confirm, the cable is plugged in and the Internet plug flashes as usual.

all installations have returned the same dialogue box as originally quoted.
    *Sad

Timwas8, Jan 5, 2016
  8. Private Win User

Went to Gigabyte website, search for GA-970A-DS3 support, they have a specific driver for Windows 10 especially for LAN driver. See: GA-970A-DS3 Support & Downloads

Private, Jan 5, 2016
  9. AnEdge Win User

Its quite possible the card is shot. Plugged in and tried all the drivers and still not working...hmmm
    Have you gone into the networking and sharing center, try troubleshoot problems and/or go into change adapter settings on the left side. I think there in lies the problem.

Was just replying when your new post came in...download that new win 10 specific driver and let us know how it works.

AnEdge, Jan 5, 2016
  10. Timwas8 Win User
    Private and AnEdge.
    Tried the GA-970A driver but realised that it was for the AMD chipset . The computer (the offednding one is Intel based.
    The driver would not install.

Edit
    I checked my original post and did not make it clear, my apologies

Timwas8, Jan 5, 2016
  11. AnEdge Win User
    Hey Tim, go into network settings, scroll down to change adapter settings and right click on local area connection and go to properties and lets find out what controller you have on board...before that go into network and sharing and run the trouble shooter problems first...I have a feeling this is an easy fix...It was working on win 7 and it will work again on win 10

AnEdge, Jan 5, 2016
  12. Timwas8 Win User
    OK, In Nerttwork settings, I have 2 listed items
    Broadband Connection and Ethernet.
    The trouble-shooter in Network settings came back with original error dialogue box

Timwas8, Jan 6, 2016
  13. AnEdge Win User

right click on each one and in properties it will tell you what the controllers are for each one...when you click properties it will open the networking tab and directly underneath it will say connect using ****** (usually controller)... that's what we want to know and get the appropriate win 10 driver for that controller

AnEdge, Jan 6, 2016
  14. AnEdge Win User
    Dude, you may have airplane mode enabled!! check that first. I should have thought of that before. Let me know

open settings go to network and internet , second item on the left is airplane mode. Open that and make sure that toggle is off!!

I'm not sure if affects the wired connection or not but make sure anyway

AnEdge, Jan 6, 2016
  15. Timwas8 Win User
    AnEdge,

Settings/ Network & Internet ...
    L.H.S. Data; VPN; Dial-up; Proxy; when using the search box (top/right) it does not discover Airplane Mode.

Just to muddy the water a little more. I have compared the above settings on the problem computer with this one. Under VPN on this one, there are 2 switches, which are not present on the problem computer ... curious??

If I may be so bold, I have a suggestion to put to you, it is something that I don't want to do, but just wonder if it may be worth it. . I remove the SDD frfom my problem comp, which was windows 7 but is now Win 10. Put in my original Windows 7, migrate Windows 7 to my SSD and then re-install the SSD and redownload Windows 10 onto the SSD. I truly feel that there must be something wrong with this particular download.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Timwas8, Jan 6, 2016
Thema:

1. since d/l Win 10 ... no Internet - Similar Threads - since Internet

2. No internet access since 23h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet access since 23h2 update: Hello,With the 23h2 update today, it seem that my computer cannot connect to internet. Wifi, etherner, doesnt matter. I https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-access-since-23h2-update/dd08d80f-aad8-4e2c-b8f8-10a358ab2246
  3. No internet access since 23h2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet access since 23h2 update: Hello,With the 23h2 update today, it seem that my computer cannot connect to internet. Wifi, etherner, doesnt matter. I https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-access-since-23h2-update/dd08d80f-aad8-4e2c-b8f8-10a358ab2246
  4. I updated my Windows 11 and ever since then my internet speed is less than 10Mbps. My...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated my Windows 11 and ever since then my internet speed is less than 10Mbps. My...: I have followed all solutions present online such as Network Reset, Command Prompt actions, Advanced Network settings, Updating drivers etc. and still the internet speed on my Windows computer is limited to less than 10Mbps Usually around 2Mbps!. This system is my main work...
  5. I updated my Windows 11 and ever since then my internet speed is less than 10Mbps. My...

I updated my Windows 11 and ever since then my internet speed is less than 10Mbps. My...: I have followed all solutions present online such as Network Reset, Command Prompt actions, Advanced Network settings, Updating drivers etc. and still the internet speed on my Windows computer is limited to less than 10Mbps Usually around 2Mbps!. This system is my main work...
  6. Since February 9, 2023 Windows update I can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since February 9, 2023 Windows update I can't connect to the internet: On February 9, 2023 my Windows update downloaded and since then I cannot connect to the internet. Troubleshooter tells me I need a driver for my ethernet 2 adapter or network adapter this message seems to alternate. How can I get this? Is it an Intel adapter? Intel tells me...
  7. Since February 9, 2023 Windows update I can't connect to the internet

Since February 9, 2023 Windows update I can't connect to the internet: On February 9, 2023 my Windows update downloaded and since then I cannot connect to the internet. Troubleshooter tells me I need a driver for my ethernet 2 adapter or network adapter this message seems to alternate. How can I get this? Is it an Intel adapter? Intel tells me...
  8. Internet keeps cutting out ever since I got a new PCIE Network Card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet keeps cutting out ever since I got a new PCIE Network Card.: Hi.So I recently got a new PCIE Network card, and ever since I have been getting disconnected for a few seconds once in a while.Sometimes its 5 seconds, then 30 seconds and it can happen at any time.I have tried loopback pinging and when the internet cuts out the cmd says...
  9. Internet keeps cutting out ever since I got a new PCIE Network Card.

Internet keeps cutting out ever since I got a new PCIE Network Card.: Hi.So I recently got a new PCIE Network card, and ever since I have been getting disconnected for a few seconds once in a while.Sometimes its 5 seconds, then 30 seconds and it can happen at any time.I have tried loopback pinging and when the internet cuts out the cmd says...
  10. Since the latest set of windows updates, I am no longer able to access the internet whilst...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the latest set of windows updates, I am no longer able to access the internet whilst...: So, I didnt updated my PC for like a week or so, yesterday morning I updated it. Then when I started it up. I couldn't use my mobile hotspot?Context: I use my mobile hotspot on my desktop with a Wifi enabled motherboard because I have ethernet into my flat, but the router...