Windows 10: Since going to Windows 10, everything I download gets a .tmp file

Discus and support Since going to Windows 10, everything I download gets a .tmp file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; No matter what I download from the internet, along with the file I get an empty file with the same name as the file I downloaded with a .tmp extension,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gerry5039, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Gerry5039 Win User

Since going to Windows 10, everything I download gets a .tmp file

No matter what I download from the internet, along with the file I get an empty file with the same name as the file I downloaded with a .tmp extension, this is really getting annoying, it never occurred before until I upgraded to the Creators edition.

Can anyone help with a solution please?

Forgot to mention I download to a dedicated Drive D:/ and not windows downloads.

:)

Gerry5039, Jul 28, 2017

2. Windows 10 download problem.

Windows 10 appears to be downloading using Background Intelligent Transfer Service. My download rate is consistent with the rate at which a .tmp file is being written to in a folder which also contains the WindowsUpdateBox.exe file described as Windows
    10 Set Up (the folder is in Windows/Software Distribution/Download/lots of random characters)

The tmp file is not getting any bigger (2,120,329 KB)

I'm running windows7 at the moment.

Any clues to what's going on would be appreciated.

Cheers

MattHegarty, Jul 28, 2017
  3. How to Download Official Windows 10 ISO files Using Media Creation Tool or Directly Using your Web Browser

i tried to download windows 10 iso file through media creation tool but instead it downloaded a .tmp file in :c/esd/download folder which is approx 2.88 gb , also there is .iso or .esd file anywhere .

i dont know what i did wrong but a tried many times and all i get is a .tmp file with different name , helpme out with this plz

sukhwindersingh1193, Jul 28, 2017
  4. Since going to Windows 10, everything I download gets a .tmp file

If you use Autocad it could be responsible. But, if all files get the *.tmp just change to whatever it really is.

Should appear before you save to wherever, my downloads
    Since going to Windows 10, everything I download gets a .tmp file [​IMG]

Before clicking check.

Frozenoem1, Jul 28, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    I have a second partition on my only HDD lettered as D:\ and have Firefox and Internet Explorer set to download to the Downloads Folder on D:\, haven't seen the problem. In the grand scheme of things the \ backslash is part of the Path to or name of file storage on the drive and the / forward slash is part of a Web address/URL.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Since going to Windows 10, everything I download gets a .tmp file

1. Since going to Windows 10, everything I download gets a .tmp file - Similar Threads - Since going everything

2. Windows 10 Enterprise - tmp files on shared server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Enterprise - tmp files on shared server: In Windows 10 Enterprise, version 21H2, some files that have been copied into a shared server folder are converting to .tmp files, and can't be retrieved. What might be causing this, and how can it be fixed?...
  3. File becomes TMP File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File becomes TMP File: So I just restarted windows after my windows broke and now i'm trying to download chrome.When I do, the file just become a "TMP File" and when I download it says "Couldn't download - No permissions"...
  4. File becomes TMP File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File becomes TMP File: So I just restarted windows after my windows broke and now i'm trying to download chrome.When I do, the file just become a "TMP File" and when I download it says "Couldn't download - No permissions"...
  5. tmp files .tmp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    tmp files .tmp: I can empty all data in local temp folder , but as soon as open any web browser like Chrome or Microsoft edge they reappear. The files look like fc11a109-3f15-45b0-b483-630e1584a674.tmp. If I try then to delete the files individually, I get the message " The action can't be...
  6. Can I Delete these .tmp files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I Delete these .tmp files?: Looking at this folder <C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Security\EFR\sentree\protections> I see a lot of tmp files - over 1400 - with a name UIDxxxxx_info.json.tmp, where x is a number, and all showing the current date. Is it safe to delete these files, not that...
  7. Unusual tmp files

Unusual tmp files: I navigated to a folder on my local server and noticed that a tmp file flashed in to view briefly in the folder and then disappeared. I was able to open a properties view window before it disappeared. It showed a file named EVPS_1744_4132_20201613742.tmp owned by the...
  8. tmp files

tmp files: I have loads of 'tmp' files being created hourly and find this very annoying. Only started happening in last 2 weeks. Anyone know how I can stop these from being created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tmp-files/743ff527-0706-4d34-8617-95f837722af4"
  9. tmp file malware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    tmp file malware: I believe my new laptop has been attacked and is now affected by a file named tmp file. How do I remove this tmp malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/tmp-file-malware/31b58fd1-b852-41c9-911f-5d28e92e6472
  10. windows 10 is attacking everything i download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 is attacking everything i download: I bought a new HP 15 AF131DX Laptop with windows 10. it came with Mcafee virus protection that i have UNINSTALLED! cause its terrible.I am trying to download a game from the nexonlauncher and i realized it'll download only for 3 seconds and then drop to 0.00mbps downloading....