Windows 10: Since installing Windows 10, I have lost administrator control.

Discus and support Since installing Windows 10, I have lost administrator control. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I need to get it back, because it has rendered all my files as "Read Only," so I am unable to edit a document and save it back to its original folder.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by larrymac47, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Since installing Windows 10, I have lost administrator control.

I need to get it back, because it has rendered all my files as "Read Only," so I am unable to edit a document and save it back to its original folder. I did not have this problem with Windows 7, so I tried going back to Windows 7, but that didn't fix it. How do I regain my administrator control of my computer?

:)

larrymac47, Sep 21, 2015

2. After installing Windows 10, I have lost control of the @#%*! touchpad.

My hardware: a Dell Inspiron with Intel Core-i3 64-bit processor and 64-bit Windows-10.

I HATE THE TOUCHPAD!! It keeps moving the focus / cursor to places I don't want it, it makes me move my hands away from proper typing position, etc. etc. etc.

Before upgrading, I was able to turn it off either by pressing Fn+F3, or by setting the "Dell Touchpad" control panel to OFF.

After upgrading, neither of those work. I cannot turn it off at all. And that makes everything I try to do take twice as long.

Is there something here that I can repair?

TIA

David A.Cobb, Sep 21, 2015
  3. After installing Windows 10, I have lost control of the @#%*! touchpad.

Hi David,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10 family.

I understand that you are facing issues with touchpad in Windows 10.

This issue could occur if there is some issue with touchpad driver.

In order to help you better, please provide the information:

What is the make and model of the Computer?

Refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to perform the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. On search bar, type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: I would suggest you to update the latest driver for display adapter in under Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

5.. Expand Human Interface Devices.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 21, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Since installing Windows 10, I have lost administrator control.

From a command prompt type "net localgroup administrators" without the quotes. Is your user account listed there in administrators?

NavyLCDR, Sep 22, 2015
  5. Yes, my name is listed as administrator.

larrymac47, Sep 22, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Since installing Windows 10, I have lost administrator control.

1. Since installing Windows 10, I have lost administrator control. - Similar Threads - Since installing lost

2. I have lost ALL administrative access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have lost ALL administrative access.: I have lost ALL administrative access. My user account only shows me as a standard user. Whenever I try to change anything, the user account control only gives me the choice of "NO". When I try to access safe mode, it only takes me to the crdsecagent$admin account and asks...
  3. I have lost ALL administrative access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost ALL administrative access.: I have lost ALL administrative access. My user account only shows me as a standard user. Whenever I try to change anything, the user account control only gives me the choice of "NO". When I try to access safe mode, it only takes me to the crdsecagent$admin account and asks...
  4. I have lost ALL administrative access.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I have lost the administration option and Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost the administration option and Windows Security: I have been trying to install a program that required stopping the real-time protection i think it got some kind of crack or something like that, so I did, then I got the blue screen then my computer restarted, and I found that I can't 'run as administrator', i got a...
  6. I have lost the administration option and Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have lost the administration option and Windows Security: I have been trying to install a program that required stopping the real-time protection i think it got some kind of crack or something like that, so I did, then I got the blue screen then my computer restarted, and I found that I can't 'run as administrator', i got a...
  7. I have lost the administration option and Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Lost administration control

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost administration control: Today I lost my administrative permissions on my pc and I can’t fix it, I’ve tried accessing the admin command prompt and I can’t, I can’t create new users or anything. I don’t know what to do, only thing I haven’t tried is a factory reset of my pc, is there anything else I...
  9. I have lost my Windows 10 installation!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have lost my Windows 10 installation!: I have a laptop with 2 internal HDs I used to use the second drive to clone my first drive. Then I decided I would like to install Linux Mint on the second drive which I did successfully. Then my sister bought a Google Chromebook and she was unable to grasp how to use it....
  10. Lost full control of computer since upgrading to windows 10, no admin

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost full control of computer since upgrading to windows 10, no admin: It seems like, I lost total control to computer since upgrading to windows 10, from 8. no access to C:, or admin rights, many errors like: no indexingwith search No downloading like Skype. 33005