Windows 10: Since installing Windows 10 my laptop will not boot up when powered on. One light comes on...

Discus and support Since installing Windows 10 my laptop will not boot up when powered on. One light comes on... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since installing Windows 10, my laptop won't boot up and my cell phone is acting quirky after having synced to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DerickZ, Aug 22, 2018.

1. DerickZ Win User

Since installing Windows 10 my laptop will not boot up when powered on. One light comes on...

Ever since installing Windows 10, my laptop won't boot up and my cell phone is acting quirky after having synced to Windows 10

:)

DerickZ, Aug 22, 2018

2. Install Windows 7 dual boot on Windows 10 laptop with GPT partition

Hi Krishna,

Really appreciate your advice! But, unfortunately, neither of your suggestions re shutdown worked for me.

In answer to your questions:

• What is the make and model of the computer? - Lenovo B570
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed? - all that I can find on the internet, eg stopping quick resume, powercfg, etc etc etc
    • What exactly happens when you try to shut down the laptop? - the power button light stays on, and the fan speed increases
    • How exactly are you trying to install Windows 7? - keep Windows 10, reinstall Windows 7 in a new partition for dual boot.

Note: I only have 1 hard disk in my laptop.

Thank you and any other expert will is willing to help out!

forumnovice, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Since installing Windows 10 my laptop will not boot up when powered on. One light comes on...

after updating to 10 computer will not turn on and boot. Power light and hard drive light comes on briefly then goes off.

after updating to 10 computer will not turn on and boot. Power light and hard drive light comes on briefly then goes off. can not access anything

dennisleeZD, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Since installing Windows 10 my laptop will not boot up when powered on. One light comes on...

1. Since installing Windows 10 my laptop will not boot up when powered on. One light comes on... - Similar Threads - Since installing laptop

2. My laptop is not booting up properly and shows a blackscreen. Only one of two lights on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is not booting up properly and shows a blackscreen. Only one of two lights on the...: I need serious help! I have an HP 15s-du1090Tu laptop. It's about 2 years old. Few days ago while using the laptop it suddenly showed a message that goes like "Your computer is facing a issue. This report will be sent to .... Now your computer will restart to fix the issue."...
  3. My laptop is not booting up properly and shows a blackscreen. Only one of two lights on the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is not booting up properly and shows a blackscreen. Only one of two lights on the...: I need serious help! I have an HP 15s-du1090Tu laptop. It's about 2 years old. Few days ago while using the laptop it suddenly showed a message that goes like "Your computer is facing a issue. This report will be sent to .... Now your computer will restart to fix the issue."...
  4. My laptop is not booting up properly and shows a blackscreen. Only one of two lights on the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to solve if my laptop is not coming up but showing indicator light in power button...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve if my laptop is not coming up but showing indicator light in power button...: How to solve if my laptop is not coming up but showing indicator light in power button without power on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-if-my-laptop-is-not-coming-up-but/3dcb66a5-85a7-4075-91ec-a83985573c56
  6. How to solve if my laptop is not coming up but showing indicator light in power button...

How to solve if my laptop is not coming up but showing indicator light in power button...: How to solve if my laptop is not coming up but showing indicator light in power button without power on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-if-my-laptop-is-not-coming-up-but/3dcb66a5-85a7-4075-91ec-a83985573c56
  7. How to solve if my laptop is not coming up but showing indicator light in power button...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Keyboard light wont light up when booted to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard light wont light up when booted to windows: Hello there I'm really need help here the problem as follows:recently updated to windows 11 then I realize the keyboard light not working anymorethe light only works on boot startup bios setting, the light turned off when entering the windows logon screen can I know why this...
  9. Keyboard light wont light up when booted to windows

Keyboard light wont light up when booted to windows: Hello there I'm really need help here the problem as follows:recently updated to windows 11 then I realize the keyboard light not working anymorethe light only works on boot startup bios setting, the light turned off when entering the windows logon screen can I know why this...
  10. Power light on but no boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Power light on but no boot: This has gone from bad to worse. It started with an error message when I went to close down, to the effect that the Start Button wasn't working and would reset on restart. I restarted; it didn't reset. I could use programs but the Start button still wouldn't work. I tried to...