Windows 10: since latest update 1803 getting devicecensus errors

Discus and support since latest update 1803 getting devicecensus errors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since I updated to 1803 i have been getting devicecensus.exe errors in the reliability and problem history. Have no idea where this is coming from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboris, Jul 17, 2018.

1. rboris Win User

since latest update 1803 getting devicecensus errors

Since I updated to 1803 i have been getting devicecensus.exe errors in the reliability and problem history.

Have no idea where this is coming from though some people suggest that it is linked to anti-virus programs. I am running Windows Defender and Malwarebytes (paid version, just updated a few days ago). Malwarebytes is not allowed to register in the Windows Action Center.

Driving me a little nuts. Totally flummoxed.

Any suggestions? And let me add that other than that the machine seems to be working just fine.

Thank you in advance.

:)

rboris, Jul 17, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 17, 2018
  3. update 1803

Hi mian muddassir inayat,

There are certain laptop models and computer components that are not fully compatible with the latest Windows version (Windows 1803). Our developers are aware of this and may release an update to address the issue as soon as possible. With that said, we do
    not suggest to force upgrade a device that has compatibility issues. Please answer the following so we can check for options on how we can help you with your concern:

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • How did you upgrade your computer to Windows 1803?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Do you have a 3rd party antivirus installed on your PC?

Normally, if your PC meets the requirements for the upgrade, it will be offered to you. If your PC doesn't have an incompatible hardware, then we can proceed with troubleshooting steps.

Gemzon Mar, Jul 17, 2018
  4. kastriot Win User

Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

Windows 10 1803 update issues(Solved!)

kastriot, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

1. since latest update 1803 getting devicecensus errors - Similar Threads - since latest update

2. Missing DeviceCensus Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing DeviceCensus Service: Hello Community,I am a little bit confused at the moment. I am currently experiencing some errors with my Windows 11. Upon examining the available services, I noticed that certain services are missing descriptions, such as the "McpManagementService" for example. After...
  3. Missing DeviceCensus Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing DeviceCensus Service: Hello Community,I am a little bit confused at the moment. I am currently experiencing some errors with my Windows 11. Upon examining the available services, I noticed that certain services are missing descriptions, such as the "McpManagementService" for example. After...
  4. Occasional MDM errors since latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Occasional MDM errors since latest update: I downloaded the latest big update today and everything went fine. However, a few hours later, I checked my event viewer and saw a new type of error had appeared.I haven't noticed any problems yet, but I'm unfortunately paranoid about any error that I don't recognize. Has...
  5. Occasional MDM errors since latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasional MDM errors since latest update: I downloaded the latest big update today and everything went fine. However, a few hours later, I checked my event viewer and saw a new type of error had appeared.I haven't noticed any problems yet, but I'm unfortunately paranoid about any error that I don't recognize. Has...
  6. Occasional MDM errors since latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Bluetooth problems since latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth problems since latest update: I use some Philips bluetooth headphones which I never had any problems with until the last windows update. Since that update each time I want to use the headphones I normally have to update my Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 drivers.I am using Windows 10 Home Has...
  8. Bluetooth problems since latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth problems since latest update: I use some Philips bluetooth headphones which I never had any problems with until the last windows update. Since that update each time I want to use the headphones I normally have to update my Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 drivers.I am using Windows 10 Home Has...
  9. Random sleeping since latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random sleeping since latest update: This is my first post on this subreddit, and I’m not entirely sure which flair to use so I hope this is right. Also please excuse my lack of technical understanding, I’m a bit of a newbie at this lol. I’ll try and give some context to the issue I’ve been having below, if...
  10. Problem starting games since the 1803 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem starting games since the 1803 update: Since the 1803 update I've been getting intermittent failures to start Steam and Origin Games. I get the error message:_ "DirectX failed to initialise. This game requires at least a DirectX11-level graphics card, and a version of Windows which supports DirectX11 (WindowsXP...